About the Klipsch R-5800-W II
Treat yourself to top-notch sound with a speaker that blends seamlessly into your home's décor. The Klipsch® R-5800-W II features a hideaway in-wall design and a grille you can paint for an exact match with your room's color scheme. This speaker's high-tech design and solid construction make it a great choice for movie and music lovers alike. Install multiple R-5800-W IIs in your family room for a clutter-free home theater, or use a pair in your bedroom, den, or home office for stereo music.
Ready, aim, music!
A rigid anodized aluminum woofer produces accurate bass and mid-bass. The pivoting tweeter lets you direct clean highs toward your favorite listening spot, for a broad soundstage with well-defined imaging. And treble and mid-bass level switches let you tailor the sound to suit your personal taste and room's acoustics.
Horn technology for room-filling sound
Because high-frequency sounds are more directional than bass frequencies, it's especially important to target them right toward your ears. Klipsch places their titanium tweeter inside a flared opening, known as a "horn," which disperses the highs evenly across your listening area. This design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound. The horn also improves dynamics and efficiency, for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Slimmer chance of being seen
The '5800-W II keeps a low profile with its Slimtrim™ grille. The visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over previous designs, for a nearly flush finish that blends in beautifully. The paintable aluminum, magnetic grille attaches securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
An optional in-wall bracket is recommended for installing the R-5800-W II in new construction.
- pivoting Tractrix® horn with 1" titanium tweeter
- 8" Cerametallic woofer
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- frequency response 40-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity 94 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- treble and mid-bass attenuation switches
- IR receiver knock-out for remote repeater systems
- paintable SlimTrim magnetic grille
- cutout dimensions: 9-1/8"W x 14-11/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-15/16"
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1014135
What's in the box:
- In-wall speaker
- White metal mesh grille
- Cardboard template
- Owner's Manual (En/Fr/Sp)
More details on the Klipsch R-5800-W II
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Cutout Size||9.125 x 14.6875|
|Power Range (Watts)||50|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Parts Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
|Labor Warranty||Ltd. Lifetime|
High Efficiency: The high-efficiency design of the Klipsch in-wall speakers allows you to get much more output than most in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. Due to the long speaker wire runs that are common in whole-house audio systems, the power coming from the amplifier is significantly reduced by the time it reaches the speakers. The 94dB efficiency of this speaker means it will play much louder at low power than other less-efficient speakers.
2-Way Speaker System: The R-5800-W II uses a premium 1" Titanium compression driver (tweeter) mated to an exclusive Tractrix Horn, combined with a large 8" Cerametallic woofer in a 2-way design.
- Tweeter: The 1" Titanium dome compression tweeter is mated to a 4" square, pivoting Tractrix Horn, which disperses the sound 90° horizontally and 60° vertically into the room. The horn design dramatically increases efficiency by enabling the speaker to produce more output using less energy. The horn-loaded tweeter allows you to point the sound to a specific location, and has more controlled directivity than a conventional dome tweeter. The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness.
- Woofer: The copper-colored 8" Cerametallic woofer utilizes solid Aluminum diaphragms, anodized to add stiffness and provide perfect damping, and have a new hi-tech look that also delivers increased rigidity for even tighter, more defined bass. The new integrated dust caps further strengthen the cones and help ventilate the voice coils for increased driver durability.
Speaker Terminals: The speaker has a gold-plated pair of spring-loaded binding posts that can accept up to 12-gauge wire, single banana plugs, or pin connectors.
Tweeter/Midbass Attenuation Switches: If the speaker is installed in an acoustically bright room, such as a bathroom or a kitchen, you can attenuate the tweeter by -3dB, using the Tweeter Attenuation Switch. If the speaker is located in a corner and produces too much bass, you should adjust the Mid-bass level switch (-3dB). Both switches are located on the front of the speaker.
ABS Basket/Frame: The R-5800-W II has a sturdy ABS basket and frame. The frame can be painted to match any decor.
SlimTrim Magnetic Grille: With an all new grille, the visible frame size is reduced by 90% and grille depth is reduced by 80% over the previous design, for a more edge-to-edge consistent look that blends in with the wall more attractively. The new aluminum, paintable, magnetic grille attaches tightly and securely with ease to virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Power Specifications Note: The manufacturer has specified the maximum power handling of this speaker as 50 watts RMS (200 W Peak). Klipsch has also published a recommended amplifier power specification as 100 watts.
New or Pre-Existing Installation: The in-wall speaker can be installed in new or existing construction. It requires a cutout diameter of 9.125" wide x 14.6875" high, with a mounting depth of 3.9375". A cardboard template is supplied to measure cutout opening. For existing construction, the speaker should be installed in drywall (or other mounting surfaces) at least 3/8" thick. The Klipsch in-wall speaker features four sure-grip mounting dogs (clamps) that provide even pressure against drywall for long-term installation reliability. For new construction, purchase of the IK-800-W installation kit (714IK800W, sold separately) is highly recommended.
IR Knockout: A 1/2" diameter knockout panel is provided in the lower left hand corner of the speaker frame for installing an IR sensor.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked