About the Klipsch Reference R-600F
Big sound from Klipsch
Big sound from Klipsch
Klipsch is well-known for their big, energetic sound that adds life to anything you might listen to. The R-600F is the one of the latest floor-standing entries in Klipsch's Reference speaker lineup, and it's worth considering if you're building a two-channel or home theater system. It uses two woofers and a horn-loaded tweeter to dish out sweet, room-filling sound with gobs of delicious detail.
Each of the R-600F's 6-1/2" woofers uses spun-copper TCP (thermoformed crystalline polymer) for its cone material. Klipsch chose this material because of its smooth response and transparency. The woofer also uses some trickle-down technology from the company's more expensive Reference Premiere line. It has a similar cone shape and uses additional ribbing for extra rigidity, which reduces distortion at higher frequencies.
The hallmark 90°x 90° Tractrix® horn features an upgrade too. Klipsch widened its opening for more high-frequency directivity. That means the 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter inside the horn has a wider "sweet spot" and delivers more detail inside that sweet spot.
The R-600F doesn't include any speaker wire. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- two 6-1/2" spun-copper TCP (thermoformed crystalline polymer) cone woofers
- frequency response: 38-21,000 Hz (± 3dB)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex design with a single rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetic grille protects drivers and looks stylish
- scratch-resistant textured wood grain vinyl finish
- single gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- extra set of binding posts for connecting a passive Dolby Atmos-enabled speaker
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 9-3/8"W x 40-1/8"H x 15"D
- weight: 41 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1069852
What's in the box:
Klipsch Reference R-600F owner's manual
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 2 Stabilizer feet
- 4 Screws
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Stabilizer Feet Instructions
Klipsch Reference R-600F reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-600F
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||Optional|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 years|
|Labor Warranty||5 years|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||38-21k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-600F floorstanding loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" LTS aluminum tweeter, for impressive high-frequency response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern and features an increased "edge-to-edge" outer horn dimension that allows for directivity control over a larger bandwidth of frequencies, resulting in improved high frequency directivity and a more accurate soundstage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music.
- LTS Aluminum Tweeter: Behind each horn lies a 1" LTS aluminum tweeter with a Kapton suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. Aluminum is an extremely light and rigid material used in the tweeter assembly to provide high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
Dual 6.5" Spun-Copper TCP Woofers: The Klipsch R-600F houses two 6.5" Spun-Copper TCP (Thermoformed Crystalline Polymer) woofers for deep, smooth, and accurate bass. TCP woofers have steeper angling of the cones for a smoother response and improved accuracy and transparency. The additional ribbing increases the overall rigidity for less cone breakup at higher frequencies.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear Tractrix port of the R-600F floorstanding loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-600F floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-600F floorstanding loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Speaker Terminals: The Klipsch R-600F is outfitted with two sets of binding posts terminals, plus a proprietary Dolby Atmos speaker module connector. One set of the binding post terminals allow you amplify the loudspeaker's drivers, while the second set of terminals allow for connection to your AV receiver's Height channel when using the floorstanding speaker's banana plug inserts to connect Klipsch's Dolby Atmos speaker module (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- Binding Posts: The binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 12AWG).
- Optional Dolby Atmos Module: The second set of binding posts allow you to connect your AV receiver's discrete Height channels, when you also add the Klipsch R-40SA Dolby Atmos speaker module (sold separately) which connects to the banana plug inserts on the rear of R-600F and sits perfectly on top of the floorstanding loudspeaker. A rubber cap hides the banana plug inserts when not used.
Note: The two sets of binding post terminals do not support bi-wiring or bi-amplification of the speaker.
Stabilizer Feet: The Klipsch R-600F includes two stabilizer feet that will need to be installed to the bottom of the speaker enclosure using the included hardware. Each stabilizer foot features two integrated rubber pads that are safe for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
Note: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet installed, due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch R-600F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed by the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be by the wall behind the listening position.
Reference III Series: Klipsch's new Reference III series features updated Tractrix Horn technology, a new Spun-Copper TCP (Thermoformed Crystal Polymer) woofer design, and Tractrix geometry port technology to create a wide soundstage that is smooth, controlled and accurate. The Reference III series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding (R-800F / R-600F / R-605FA), bookshelf (R-50M / R-40M), center (R-50C / R-30C), and Atmos speakers (R-40SA) - all sold separately.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference III series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
3 questions already asked
These sound great! Am using them in a room about 20' x 15'. Amazing, but compared to my previous speakers I can now hear the music better at a much lower amplifier volume because it sounds so clear.
Patrick from Cary, NC