About the Klipsch Reference R-625FA
Two speakers in one
Two speakers in one
You may have heard about Dolby Atmos — it's a type of surround sound that expands your home theater's soundstage vertically using dedicated height channels. The Klipsch Reference R-625FA works like a regular floor-standing speaker, but it's also got an additional set of upward-firing drivers built into the top of the cabinet to reflect sound off of your ceiling. That's a lot of Klipsch home theater goodness in one speaker.
Convenience and value
We love how the Klipsch Reference line delivers lots of performance for the price, and, judging by the reviews we've received over the years, so do our customers. Grabbing a pair of these towers is an excellent way to outfit your home theater for the next generation of surround sound on a reasonable budget.
Does your receiver have what it takes?
You'll need a home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos in order to get enhanced surround sound with these speakers.
Build a complete Reference Dolby Atmos system
Bookshelf speakers (an option for rear channels): Klipsch R-41M and Klipsch R-51M
Center channel: Klipsch R-52C
Dedicated surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Add-on Dolby Atmos speakers (can be used for rear height channels, if your system has them): Klipsch R-41SA
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
Main Channel Specifications:
- frequency response: 38-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum tweeter
- two 6-1/2" spun copper IMG (injection-molded graphite) woofers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- gold-plated single binding post speaker terminals
Height Channel Specifications:
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (150 watts peak)
- Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS aluminum tweeter
- 5-1/4" spun copper IMG (injection-molded graphite) cone woofer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- removable front and top grilles
- brushed black polymer finish
- built-in MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) base for increased speaker stability
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 9-7/16"W x 40"H x 17-5/16"D
- weight: 49 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065841
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 2 Feet
- 4 Screws
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Loudspeaker Feet note
Klipsch Reference R-625FA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-625FA
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||Built-in|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||38-21k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Integrated Dolby Atmos Speaker: Not just your typical full-range tower speaker, the Klipsch R-625FA features a high performance up-firing Dolby Atmos speaker integrated in the top of the cabinet that reflects sound off the ceiling for an enveloping soundstage. The integrated up-firing speaker consists of a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter mated to a 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn, plus a 5.25" spun-copper IMG cone woofer.
Note: Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-625FA floorstanding loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
Dual 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG Woofers: The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding speaker houses two 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG woofers. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofers are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Power Handling: The R-625FA's main front channel, consisting of one 1" Tractrix horn-loaded LTS tweeter and two 6.5" Copper-Spun IMG woofers, can handle up to 100 watts continuous (RMS) and 400 watts max (Peak). The R-625FA's up-firing Dolby Atmos channel, consisting of one 1" Tractrix horn-loaded LTS tweeter and one 5.25" Copper-Spun IMG woofer, can handle up to 75 watts continuous (RMS) and 150 watts max (Peak).
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear-firing Tractrix port is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grilles: The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding speaker comes with two removable, black cloth grille that are acoustically transparent.
Binding Posts: The R-625FA is fitted with a set of binding posts for the speaker's main channel and height (elevation) channel. These sturdy binding post terminals ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs. The speaker terminals are placed low on the cabinet for convenience and an unobtrusive connection.
Note: The speaker's main channel binding posts will need to be connected to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs, while the speaker's height (elevation) channel binding posts must be connected to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effects speaker outputs.
Stabilizer Feet: The Klipsch R-625FA includes two stabilizer feet that will need to be installed to the bottom of the speaker enclosure using the included hardware. Each stabilizer foot features two integrated rubber pads safe for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
Note: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet installed, due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch R-625FA floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed by the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be by the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately
The Klipsch Reference R-625FA replaces these items
- ideal for use as front speakers in a Dolby Atmos surround sound system
- front- and vertical-firing drivers deliver powerful performance and precise Dolby Atmos sound effects
- frequency response 38-24,000 Hz
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked