About the Klipsch Reference R-820F
A powerful performer
A powerful performer
Looking for a floor-standing speaker that blends power and performance? Each Klipsch R-820F boasts dual 8" woofers for thunderous bass and warm, clear mids, plus Klipsch's signature 1" horn tweeter for crisp, extended, highs. But you don't have to take our word for it. Discover for yourself the effortless, dynamic sound that's made Klipsch loudspeakers a big Crutchfield customer favorite for years.
Tractrix horns enhance highs and lows
We're used to seeing the Tractrix horn on the front of Klipsch speakers, where it enhances high notes from the tweeter. These speakers use them to improve bass, too.
Look around the back, and you'll see that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Build a complete Klipsch system
You can build a great sounding stereo system using a pair of R-820Fs, or team them with other Klipsch Reference speakers and a subwoofer for high-impact home theater.
Center channel speakers: Klipsch R-34C and Klipsch R-52C
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-610F and Klipsch R-620F
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-41M and Klipsch R-51M
Subwoofers: Klipsch R-112SW, Klipsch R-115SW
- frequency response: 35-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts RMS (600 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm tweeter
- two 8" spun-copper IMG cone woofers
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing Tractrix port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look
- durable textured wood grain vinyl finish
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- built-in angled feet for increased speaker stability
- 10-15/16"W x 43"H x 17-1/2"D
- weight: 54 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065833
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 2 Feet
- 4 Screws
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Loudspeaker Feet note
Klipsch Reference R-820F reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-820F
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Power Range||up to 150|
|Frequency Response||35-21k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-820F floorstanding loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
Dual 8" Copper-Spun IMG Woofers: The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker houses two 8" Copper-Spun IMG woofers. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofers are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Tapered Crossover: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a tapered array crossover (2kHz) to smooth the transition between the tweeter and woofers, improve midrange definition, and widen dispersion.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear-firing Tractrix port is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Stabilizer Feet: The Klipsch R-820F includes two stabilizer feet that will need to be installed to the bottom of the speaker enclosure using the included hardware. Each stabilizer foot features two integrated rubber pads safe for hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
Note: The Klipsch Reference series floorstanding speaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet installed, due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch R-820F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed by the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be by the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).
The Klipsch Reference R-820F replaces these items
6 questions already asked