About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA
Elevate your surround sound experience with Dolby Atmos and Klipsch speakers
Placed on top of your existing tower speakers, the Klipsch RP-140SA adds Dolby Atmos elevation effects to provide a richer, more immersive surround sound experience.
Elevate your surround sound experience with Dolby Atmos and Klipsch speakers
Here's your ticket to thrilling surround sound effects. The Reference Premiere Series RP-140SA surround speakers feature proprietary Klipsch speaker technologies designed to work with Dolby Atmos soundtracks to re-create an immersive, high-impact listening experience.
Not familiar with Dolby Atmos? It's the latest surround sound technology from the movie- and theater-sound experts at Dolby Laboratories. It adds a height dimension to your home theater, for enhanced immersion and spatial effects. From the soft patter of a gentle rain to the roar of a jet plane flying overhead, you'll enjoy dynamic surround sound that elevates your entire home theater.
Bounce sound off the ceiling for enhanced surround effects
How do these speakers work? Each features a Cerametallic™ 4" woofer and a Hybrid Tractrix® horn tweeter on the top of the speaker. These drivers are angled and feature controlled dispersion, so they can reflect sound off of your ceiling and back down to your listening positions. The RP-140SA speakers are designed sit on top of your existing floor-standing speakers. Use a pair with your front towers, or add another pair to the rear surround towers for an even more enveloping experience. The RP-140SA can also be wall-mounted for use as standard, high-performance surround sound speakers.
Build a complete Klipsch Dolby Atmos system
Team a pair or two of RP-140SA surrounds with other Klipsch Reference Premiere Series speakers to create a high-impact Atmos home theater system.
- Dolby Atmos add-on speakers
- designed to sit on top of floor-standing front or back speakers
- drivers are angled up to reflect sound off the ceiling, for a heightened soundstage and overhead effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos compatible receiver's height channels
- can also be used as wall-mounted standard surround speakers
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horns with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeters
- 4" Cerametallic cone woofers with rigid titanium voice coil former
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- durable brushed polymer veneer finish
- anti-vibration rubber feet and built-in keyhole slot wall-mounting brackets (mounting screws not included)
- binding post speaker terminals
- 6-1/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 11-13/16"D
- weight: 7.6 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1062295
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby-atmos enabled speakers (Ebony)
- 2 Detachable metal grilles
- 2 Extra rubber feet
- User Manual
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA
Dolby Atmos Elevation Speaker: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA is a Dolby Atmos enabled home theater speaker which adds the Dolby Atmos elevation effect to any existing home theater speaker system to create an atmosphere of rich, detailed sound, or can be used as a surround speaker
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
Klipsch Design Philosophy: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140S delivers on Klipsch's speaker design philosophy; low distortion, high efficiency, flat frequency response, broad dynamic range, and controlled directivity.
Tractrix Horn Technology: Klipsch Tractrix Horn technology allows the RP-140SA speaker to meet the directivity and sensitivity specifications that Dolby requires for Dolby Atmos enabled speakers. This is what has allowed Klipsch to produce its unique two-way speaker and horn-loaded design, in a Dolby Atmos enabled speaker.
Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-140SA features proprietary Hybrid Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce the most effective release of sound waves for clean, natural listening experiences. The horn's outer layer is silicone-based rubber, which eliminates resonance of the horn housing, improving detail and resolution. The LTS tweeter ensures minimized distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn: A redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible. These 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns provide a wider sweet spot while maintaining controlled directivity of the sound.
- LTS Tweeter: Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a linear travel suspension for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Cerametallic Woofer: The 3.5" woofer of the RP-140SA loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range. The woofer also employs a rubber surround for added durability. A design that when paired with the Tractrix Horn-loaded LTS tweeter combines for incredible high efficiency.
Crossover Network: The Klipsch RP-140SA speaker's crossover network is constructed using extremely high-quality components including top-of-the-line internal wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and an air-core inductor to ensure signal purity and proper driver integration. The speaker's enhanced crossover frequencies offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
Sealed MDF Enclosure: The Klipsch RP-140SA employs an acoustic suspension enclosure for tight accurate bass. The sealed enclosure features a MDF cabinet finished with a premium wood-grain polymer veneer and a polymer front baffle. The speaker's rigid cabinet offers improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
Magnetic Grille: The Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features a removable magnetic low-diffraction grille which easily snaps into place over its polymer front baffle.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-140SA is equipped with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Mounting Options: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-140SA offers flexibility when mounting the Dolby Atmos enabled speaker.
- Rubber Feet: The Dolby Atmos enabled loudspeaker features four integrated rubber feet so you can sit the speakers on top of your existing front tower loudspeaker securely. The top of your loudspeaker needs to be flat and measure at least 6.0625" (w) x 11.4375" (d).
- Wall Mounting: The Klipsch RP-140SA speaker features a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked