About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-150M
A customer favorite just got even better
A customer favorite just got even better
Take a quick look through Crutchfield's customer reviews and you'll see that Klipsch speakers are a big favorite. We're used to hearing comments like "Great sound!", "Best speakers I've ever owned," and "The clarity is amazing!". And we've already gotten similar feedback from our customers about the RP-150M bookshelf speakers.
These value-packed speakers combine solid construction with powerful sonic performance, making them an excellent choice for a stereo music system or as part of a Klipsch home theater system. Each cabinet features a 5-1/4" woofer for tight, punchy lows and clear mids, plus Klipsch's signature 1" horn tweeter for crisp, extended, highs.
The Reference Premiere Series difference
Never one to rest on its laurels, Klipsch has been busy refining and improving its designs to create loudspeakers that blow the doors off of its loyal followers' expectations. The new Reference Premiere Series builds on the acoustics and technologies of Klipsch's classic Reference Series, with important enhancements that provide an even more intense listening experience.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's newly designed Hybrid Tractrix® horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90º x 90º mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space.
Compared to previous Klipsch models, this horn design delivers a wider sweet spot with more precise placement of instruments and vocals. Even the horn material itself has been upgraded to molded silicone rubber that helps decrease resonance for smoother, warmer highs.
A horn that can enhance bass, too
Rotating the speaker around and looking at the back, you'll see that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
High-tech woofer design
The RP-150M's Cerametallic™ woofer dishes out smooth midrange and articulate, well-defined bass. Klipsch makes its cone out of specially treated aluminum that's strong yet lightweight to dampen and prevent distortion. With the Reference Premiere Series, Klipsch also gave this woofer a newly developed titanium voice coil former that allows more linear movement for enhanced efficiency, lower distortion, and extended low frequency response.
Build a complete Klipsch system
You can build a great stereo system using the RP-150Ms and a subwoofer, or team them with other Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers for high-impact home theater.
- frequency response: 48-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (300 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter
- 5-1/4" Cerametallic cone woofer with rigid titanium voice coil former
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing Tractrix port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- beveled MDF front baffles reduce frontal surface area to minimize diffraction, plus decrease high-frequency distortion and resonance
- magnetically attached grilles for a clean, streamlined look
- durable polymer veneer finish
- binding post speaker terminals
- angled MDF base plate for elevated image height and increased speaker stability
- keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting
- 7-11/16"W x 14-5/8"H x 10-11/16"D
- weight: 14.7 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1060687
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers (Ebony)
- 2 Detachable magnetic grilles
- 8 Felt pads
- 4 Rubber pads
- User Manual
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Instructions
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-150M Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-150M
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Frequency Response||48-25k Hz|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||28-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
90° x 90° Hybird Tractrix Horns: A redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible. These 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns provide a wider sweet spot while maintaining controlled directivity of the sound.
LTS Tweeters: Behind each Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a linear travel suspension for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Cerametallic Woofer: The single 5.25" woofer of the RP-150M bookshelf loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range The 5.25" woofer also employs a rubber surround for added durability.
Crossover Network: The Klipsch RP-150M bookshelf speaker's crossover network is constructed using extremely high-quality components including top-of-the-line internal wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and an air-core inductor to ensure signal purity and proper driver integration. The speaker's enhanced crossover frequencies (1500Hz) offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure: The Klipsch RP-150M employs a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing Tractrix port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the all new Reference Premiere bass port allows for the most efficient, fastest air transfer from the cabinet for a clean, powerful low frequency response. The speaker's rigid cabinet offers improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
Magnetic Grille: The bookshelf loudspeaker features a removable magnetic low-diffraction grille which easily snaps into place over its polymer front baffle.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-150M is equipped with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Mounting Options: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-150M bookshelf loudspeaker provides a variety of mounting options.
- MDF Plinth: The all new satin painted MDF plinth footers of the Klipsch Reference Premiere series bookshelf speakers lend an acoustically sound, authoritative stance when placing the speakers on a tabletop, shelf, or stand. Pre-installed rubber feet add extra stability.
- Wall Mounting: Each Klipsch Reference bookshelf speaker feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied). There is also a 3/8" threaded insert on the back of each speaker for use with 3rd-party wall-mount brackets (sold separately).
Placement: The Reference Premiere series bookshelf loudspeakers are designed to perform well in a wide variety of locations but you will get the most out of the speakers by following these simple guidelines.
- For optimum performance, Klipsch suggests placing the speakers 6'-15'apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be approximately 1-1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Place the front left and right speakers on shelves or stands with their tweeters at approximately ear height for a seated listener. When used surround sound speakers, they normally perform best when placed slightly higher than ear level.
- The bookshelf loudspeakers should be equal distance from the floor and the wall behind them. It can also help to have the left and right speakers at different distances from their nearest side walls. This sort of staggering helps smooth the bass range.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked