About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-240D
Big Klipsch sound from a compact, wall-mountable speaker
Big Klipsch sound from a compact, wall-mountable speaker
Klipsch's RP-240D wall-mountable speaker is a refreshing option for home theater fans looking to save space and keep things looking clean. It's part of the Reference Premiere lineup, which has been a favorite among our customers for years. Klipsch has managed to fit that ear-pleasing performance into a speaker that's just 2-1/2" deep.
Place the versatile RP-240D on the included glass base, or mount it on your wall.
Versatile options for your home theater installation
This speaker includes a mounting bracket for on-wall installations, plus a nice-looking glass base for placement on a tabletop. Mount one horizontally under your TV to use it as a center channel speaker, and place two more vertically to the sides of the screen to complete the front soundstage of an all-Klipsch home theater. Those iconic copper woofers can make a bold visual statement, or you can use the wraparound magnetic grille to keep 'em under wraps for a more discreet look.
Classic Klipsch sound
Klipsch famously mounts their tweeters inside of a flared opening, or horn. This feature helps control the way sound waves are projected into your room, for crisp, focused highs. The 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn used in the Reference Premiere series is a refined version that delivers a wider sweet spot with more precise placement of instruments and vocals.
The RP-240D teams its 1" titanium tweeter with a pair of 3-1/2" copper-spun woofers. The three drivers are mounted in a ported enclosure that helps reinforce the bass frequencies. You get richer sound than you'd expect from a speaker that's so compact.
Build a complete Klipsch on-wall system
You can use three RP-240Ds for your front home theater soundstage, or even mix in the larger RP-640D as space allows. For surrounds, consider the ultra-compact RP-140D. And remember, for maximum home theater impact, we recommend adding a powered subwoofer of your choice.
- frequency response 67-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- handles 75 watts (RMS) / 300 watts (peak)
- sensitivity 94 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter
- dual 3-1/2" spun copper Cerametallic™ woofers
- bass-reflex enclosure
- binding post speaker terminals
- dual keyholes for wall-mounting
- matte black painted finish
- includes glass base for vertical or horizontal tabletop placement
- 6"W x 16"H x 2-1/2"D (without base, vertical)
- weight: 5.25 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064180
What's in the box:
- On-wall loudspeaker
- Wrap-around grille
- Table-top mount
- 2 Screws
- 2 Self-adhesive pads
- Owner's Manual
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-240D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-240D
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Power Range||up to 75|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-240D features proprietary Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce clean, natural high frequencies.
- 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn: The Tractrix Horn's geometry helps to improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn also focuses the high frequency sounds towards the listening area, for the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- LTS Tweeter: Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Spun-Copper Cerametallic Woofers: The two 3.5" woofers of the RP-240D loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, spun-copper Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range. The woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The horn-loaded tweeter and spun-copper Cerametallic woofers are housed in a bass reflex enclosure with a rear/side firing port for greater efficiency and better midbass performance. The speaker enclosure is made of ABS and features a matte black painted finish.
Wrap-Around Magnetic Grille: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-240D on-wall loudspeaker comes with a removable, wrap-around cloth magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over the ABS enclosure.
Spring-Post Terminals: The RP-240D is equipped with spring-post terminals to connect bare speaker wire from 16AWG to 12AWG. Due to the position of the spring-post terminals they will not accept banana plugs or pin-connectors.
Applications: The RP-240D on-wall speaker can be used as a front, center, or surround speaker in a home theater setup.
- Placement for Front Speakers: For the most spacious sound place a pair of speakers 6' to 15' apart with the listening position about 1-.5x the distance separating the speakers. However, excellent sound can still be achieved by placing these speakers close to both sides of your TV if that is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Placement for Center Speaker: Since a center-channel speaker is designed to place dialogue and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the video screen. The speaker should therefore be placed horizontally, as close to the screen as possible, preferably at least 1" directly below the screen.
- Placement for Rear speakers: As rear surrounds, a pair of speakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position (typically this will be about 5'-7'above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position or on the wall behind the listening position.
Mounting Options: The RP-240D on-wall loudspeaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally when wall-mounted or attached to the included table-top base. Dual four-way keyhole slots allow for easy, tight-to-the-wall mounting (mounting screws not included). The included glass base provides a table-top solution for placing the speaker on a stand, table, or shelf (the base attaches to the speaker using the two included screws).
- Wall-Mount Dimensions:
- Vertical: 6.0" (w) x 16.0" (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Horizontal: 16.0" (w) x 6.0" (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Table-Top Dimensions:
- Vertical: 7.5625" (w) x 17.4375" (h) x 5.0" (d)
- Horizontal: 16.0" (w) x 6.875" (h) x 5.0" (d)
The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-240D replaces these items
- ultra-slim, modern design for use with flat-panel TVs
- dual 3-1/2" woofers, 1" titanium dome tweeter
- frequency response 67-24,000 Hz
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked