About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA
Lifelike sound that fills the room
Lifelike sound that fills the room
Ready to dive into the immersive world of Dolby Atmos? Then add a pair of the Klipsch Reference RP-280FA floor-standing speakers to your home theater, and get ready for an incredible sound experience. This Atmos enabled tower delivers dynamic sound through two 8" front-firing woofers and a signature horn tweeter. It also projects sound effects above you, bringing three-dimensional sound to your living room.
Bounce sound off the ceiling for enhanced surround effects
The RP-280FA features an upward-firing driver array built into the top of the enclosure. These drivers are angled to reflect sound waves off of your ceiling and down to your listening positions. Soundtrack effects like raindrops, helicopters, and rustling leaves take on a new level of realism.
Matching drivers deliver classic Klipsch sound
The RP-280FA uses voice-matched drivers in the top and front speaker arrays to provide a seamless sound experience. The front-firing Tractrix® horn tweeter delivers precise placement of instruments and vocals. These speakers have rockin' bass, too. Their Cerametallic™ woofers use a titanium voice coil to achieve high-efficiency, low distortion, and extended low-frequency response.
The '280FA also uses a horn-shaped port for smooth, efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. This makes for clean, powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Build a complete Klipsch system
Team a pair of RP-280FA tower speakers with these other Klipsch Reference Premiere Series speakers to create a high-impact Atmos home theater system.
Main Channel Specifications:
- frequency response: 32-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 98 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts RMS (600 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter
- two 8" Cerametallic cone woofers with rigid titanium voice coil formers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet design
- rear-firing Tractrix port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring
Height Channel Specifications:
- frequency response: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- sensitivity: conforms to Dolby Atmos specification
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (300 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS titanium diaphragm tweeter
- 6-1/2" Cerametallic cone woofer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- single binding post speaker terminals
- magnetically attached front grille for a clean, streamlined look
- cherry vinyl finish
- built-in MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) base for increased speaker stability
- 10-1/2"W x 43"H x 19"D
- weight: 71.75 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1063347
What's in the box:
- Floor-standing loudspeaker (Cherry)
- Grille (attached)
- 4 Spiked feet
- 6 Rubber feet
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA
Dolby Atmos Enabled Floor-Standing Speaker: The Klipsch RP-280FA is built upon the same technology and power as Klipsch's RP-280F floor-standing speaker, but with an elevation channel integrated into the top of the speaker to reflect sound off the ceiling to deliver the overhead Dolby Atmos experience.
- Main Channel: The Klipsch RP-280FA's main channel consists of a 1" titanium dome LTS tweeter with hybrid Tractrix Horn and dual 8" Cerametallic cone woofers in a bass reflex enclosure. The main channel can handle up to 150 watts of continuous power and 600 watts of peak power. The main channel connects to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs.
- Height Channel (for Dolby Atmos): The floor-standing speaker's height channel consists of a 1" titanium dome LTS tweeter with hybrid Tractrix Horn and one 6.5" Cerametallic cone woofer in a sealed enclosure. The height channel can handle up to 75 watts of continuous power and 300 watts of peak power. The height channel connects to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effect speaker outputs.
90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns: A redesigned Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The compressed molded rubber construction adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and improve detail. This creates the cleanest, most natural sound possible. These 90° x 90° Hybrid Tractrix Horns provide a wider sweet spot while maintaining controlled directivity of the sound.
LTS Tweeters: Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a linear travel suspension for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Cerametallic Woofers: The woofers of the RP-280FA floor-standing loudspeaker features Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range The woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
Crossover Network: The Klipsch RP-280FA floor-standing speaker's crossover network is constructed using extremely high-quality components including top-of-the-line internal wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and an air-core inductor to ensure signal purity and proper driver integration. The speaker's enhanced crossover frequencies (1750Hz/2000Hz) offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure: The Klipsch RP-280FA employs a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing Tractrix port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the all new Reference Premiere bass port allows for the most efficient, fastest air transfer from the cabinet for a clean, powerful low frequency response. The speaker's rigid cabinet offers improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
- MDF Plinth: The all new satin painted MDF plinth footers of the Klipsch Reference Premiere series floor-standing speakers lend an acoustically sound, authoritative stance when placing the speakers on your wood, tile, or carpeted floors.
- Magnetic Grille: The floor-standing loudspeaker features a removable magnetic low-diffraction grille which easily snaps into place over its polymer front baffle.
Binding Post Terminals: The floor-standing speaker offers dual binding post terminals for the main channel and single binding post terminals for the height channel. The main channel's two sets of binding posts are connected by jumpers. Using the dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the main channel of the speakers. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire.
Note: The speaker's main channel binding posts will need to be connected to your AV receiver's main front speaker outputs, while the speaker's height channel binding posts must be connected to your AV receiver's Dolby Atmos effects speaker outputs.
Rubber or Spike Feet: The floor-standing speaker comes with rubber and spike feet. The included rubber feet offer safe placement of the speaker on your tile or hardwood floors. The included optional spikes are intended to increase stability on carpeted floors; spikes are not recommended for hard surfaces. The rubber feet simply stick to the bottom of the speaker's MDF plinth, while the spikes screw into the bottom of the speaker's MDF plinth.
- The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" of height to the speaker.
- The spike feet add approximately 0.875" of height to the speaker.
Placement: The Reference Premiere series floor-standing loudspeakers are designed to perform well in a wide variety of locations but you will get the most out of the speakers by following these simple guidelines.
- For optimum performance, Klipsch suggests placing the speakers 6'-15'apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be approximately 1-1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- The floor-standing loudspeakers should be equal distance from the floor and the wall behind them. It can also help to have the left and right speakers at different distances from their nearest side walls. This sort of staggering helps smooth the bass range.
- The speaker requires a few inches of clearance behind it to allow its port to breathe and will sound best when they are at least two feet from any nearby walls.
1 question already asked