About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-400C
Classic Klipsch sound
Classic Klipsch sound
The RP-400C might be the smallest center channel in the new Klipsch Reference Premiere lineup. But this dynamic speaker delivers accurate dialogue and engaging center-stage sound effects thanks to two 4" spun-copper woofers and Klipsch's signature 1" horn-loaded tweeter. It's an excellent choice for a Klipsch surround sound system in a small- to medium-sized room.
Use the RP-400C center channel as part of a high-impact Klipsch home theater system.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's Tractrix® horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90º x 90º mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space. The result is a wide listening "sweet spot" with precise placement of instruments and vocals.
A horn that enhances bass, too
Take a look at the back of the RP-400C and you'll find that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Because this speaker is rear-ported, I recommend pulling it away from your wall to give it room to "breathe."
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- dual 4" Cerametallic cone woofers with rigid and lightweight voice coil
- frequency response: 65-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (300 watts peak)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look
- ebony vinyl finish with scratch-resistant design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 16-1/16"W x 5-3/4"H x 9-1/2"D
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065935
What's in the box:
- Center channel loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Tilt rod (attached nut)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-400C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-400C
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Frequency Response||65-25k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-400C center-channel loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-400C center-channel speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound. A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
Dual 4" Cerametallic Woofers: The RP-400C center-channel loudspeaker utilizes two 4" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity. The 4" woofers are housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear Tractrix port of the RP-400C center-channel loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-400C center-channel speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-400C center-channel loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series center-channel speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Placement & Mounting Options: The center channel speaker is designed to place dialog and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the TV or projector screen. The speaker should therefore be centered and placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen.
- Rubber Feet: The center channel speaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the height of each speaker.
- Adjustable Angle: If the center speaker is well above or below the ear height level of seated listeners, you can improve performance by angling the center channel slightly to compensate. Included with the speaker is an adjustable foot that you can screw into one of the two threaded inserts on the bottom of the cabinet. To tilt the speaker down, install the foot in the insert near the back of the cabinet; to tilt the speaker up, install the foot in the insert near the front of the cabinet.
Note: There is no included bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
Reference Premiere Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away. The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately). Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked