About the Klipsch RP-440D SB
Powerful Klipsch sound for your front soundstage
Powerful Klipsch sound for your front soundstage
I love the rich, distinct sound that Klipsch's Reference Premiere speakers are known for. So I was stoked when I saw their latest home theater offering — a wall-mountable sound bar that packs their signature sound into a sleek, space-saving speaker. This passive sound bar takes the place of the front three speakers in a traditional home theater setup. Left, center, and right channels are combined into a single speaker that mounts to your wall or sits on the included table-top stand.
The RP-440D SB gets its power from a home theater receiver (required for operation). This bar is a great option for folks who want a simple, clean-looking system that delivers an immersive sound experience.
Wall-mount the Klipsch RP-440D SB under your TV, or place it on top of your entertainment cabinet using the included glass base (shown with magnetic grille removed).
Classic Klipsch sound
Klipsch famously mounts their tweeters inside of a flared opening, or horn. This helps control the way sound waves are projected into your room, for crisp, focused highs. The 90° x 90° Tractrix® horns used in this sound bar help deliver a wide "sweet spot," along with precise placement of special effects and dialogue. The RP-440D SB teams three of its horn-loaded 1" tweeters with four 3-1/2" woofers for an expansive front soundstage.
Build a complete Klipsch on-wall system
- 3-channel passive home theater sound bar
- includes separate left, right, and center channels in a single sound bar speaker design
- non-powered — connects to your home theater receiver's front three channels
- handles 50 watts (RMS) / 200 watts (peak) per channel
- frequency response: 65-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- three 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeters (one per channel)
- four 3-1/2" spun copper Cerametallic™ woofers (one left, one right, two center)
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- three sets of binding post speaker terminals (one set per channel)
- four-way keyhole slots allow for low-profile wall mounting
- includes glass base for tabletop placement
- matte black painted finish
- 42"W x 6"H x 2-7/16"D
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064178
What's in the box:
- Passive LCR soundbar speaker
- Wrap-around grille
- Table-top mount
- 2 Screws
- 2 Self-adhesive pads
- Wall-mount template
- Owner's Manual
Klipsch RP-440D SB reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch RP-440D SB
Features & specs
|Amplification||Separate Receiver Required|
|Number Of Channels||3|
|Optical Digital Inputs||None|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Tweeter||1" Horn-loaded (3)|
|Woofer||3.5" Cone (4)|
|System Frequency Response||65-25k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||0|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||6H x 42W x 2-1/2D|
|Sound Bar Weight||12 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||N/A|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||N/A|
3-Channel Passive LCR Soundbar Speaker: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-440D SB is a 3-channel passive LCR soundbar speaker. It combines the three front channels (Left/Center/Right) into a single speaker cabinet - featuring three horn-loaded 1" titanium dome Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeters and four 3.5" copper-spun Cerametallic woofers.
- The center-channel section features a single horn-loaded 1" titanium dome Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter and two 3.5" copper-spun Cerametallic woofers.
- The left & right channels each feature a single horn-loaded 1" titanium dome Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) tweeter and one 3.5" copper-spun Cerametallic woofer.
Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-440D SB features proprietary Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce clean, natural high frequencies.
- 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn: The Tractrix Horn's geometry helps to improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn also focuses the high frequency sounds towards the listening area, for the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- LTS Tweeter: Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Spun-Copper Cerametallic Woofers: The four 3.5" woofers of the RP-440D SB passive soundbar speaker features Klipsch's distinctive, spun-copper Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range. The woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The horn-loaded tweeters and spun-copper Cerametallic woofers are housed in a bass reflex enclosure with three down-firing ports for greater efficiency and better bass performance. The speaker enclosure is made of ABS and features a matte black painted finish.
Wrap-Around Magnetic Grille: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series RP-440D SB passive soundbar speaker comes with a removable, wrap-around cloth magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over the ABS enclosure.
Spring-Post Terminals: The RP-440D SB is equipped with a set of spring-post terminals for each channel to connect to your AV receiver's Front Left, Front Right, and Center speaker output terminals. These spring-post terminals will accept bare speaker wire from 16AWG to 12AWG. Due to the position of the spring-post terminals they will not accept banana plugs or pin-connectors.
Mounting Options: The RP-440D SB passive soundbar speaker can be mounted horizontally on a wall or table-top. The included wall-bracket and dual four-way keyhole slots allow for easy, tight-to-the-wall mounting (mounting screws not included). The included glass base provides a table-top solution for placing the speaker on a stand, table, or shelf (the base attaches to the speaker using the two included screws).
- Wall-Mount Dimensions:
- Speaker: 42.0" (w) x 6.0" (h) x 2.5" (d)
- Bracket: 38.0625" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 0.5" (d)
- Table-Top Dimensions:
- Speaker: 42.0" (w) x 0" (h) x 5.0625" (d)
- Footprint: 12.0625" (w) x 5.0625" (d)
The Klipsch RP-440D SB replaces these items
- ultra-slim, modern design for flat-panel TVs; non-powered for use with a home theater receiver
- separates the left, right, and center channels using three 1" titanium dome tweeters and four 3-1/2" woofers
- frequency response 65-24,000 Hz
5 questions already asked