About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA
3-dimensional Klipsch surround sound
Building a Dolby Atmos® home theater system with Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers? Then I recommend these voice-matched "toppers" to experience overhead sound effects without having to install in-ceiling speakers.
Each RP-500SA sits on top of a compatible Reference Premiere floor-standing or bookshelf speaker. An upward-firing 5-1/4" spun-copper woofer and 1" horn-loaded tweeter in each cabinet reflect sound off the ceiling for immersive overhead effects.
Do you have an Atmos-capable receiver?
Since these speakers connect to your receiver's "height" channels for power and signal, a home theater receiver with Dolby Atmos is required for operation.
- pair of Dolby Atmos add-on speakers for home theater
- designed to sit on top of Klipsch Reference Premiere floor-standing speakers
- drivers are angled upward to reflect sound off of the ceiling for immersive overhead sound effects
- connect to a Dolby Atmos-compatible home theater receiver's height channels for power and signal
- can also be used as standard left- or right-channel surround speakers when mounted to the wall
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter
- 5-1/4" Cerametallic cone woofer with rigid voice coil
- frequency response and sensitivity specs conform to Dolby Atmos specifications
- recommended amplification: up to 75 watts RMS (300 watts peak)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design
- keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting
- walnut vinyl finish with scratch-resistant design
- 6-7/8"W x 7-7/16"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1066508
What's in the box:
- 2 Dolby Atmos-enabled surround loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-500SA
Dolby Atmos Elevation Speaker: Enhance your home theater system with the overhead sound effects of the Klipsch RP-500SA Dolby Atmos speaker. By leveraging Klipsch proprietary horn-loaded controlled directivity technology, the RP-500SA bounces sound off the ceiling to create an astonishing, immersive listening experience.
Note: Dolby Atmos delivers captivating, object-based sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room to bring entertainment alive all around the audience. With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill a home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail and depth. Learn more out Dolby Atmos here.
Application & Mounting Options: In addition to delivering overhead sound effects as a Dolby Atmos speaker topper for Klipsch and other brands of floorstanding and bookshelf loudspeakers; the RP-500SA is designed to be wall-mounted as a front, rear or side elevation speaker; or as a versatile side or rear surround sound speaker. There is a threaded keyhole slot on the back, as well as four integrated rubber feet on the bottom of the speaker.
- Dolby Atmos "Topper" Dimensions: Keep in mind the RP-500SA's dimensions when using it as a Dolby Atmos topper, as it must be able to rest on top of your floorstanding or bookshelf loudspeaker. It measures 6.8125" (w) x 7.4375" (h) x 11.1875".
- Wall-Mount Dimensions: When wall mounted, the RP-500SA measures 6.8125" (w) x 11.1875" (h) x 7.4375" (d).
Note: The RP-500SA features a rear-panel crossover swtich that changes between Atmos and Surround speaker modes, for optimized performance as a Dolby Atmos Elevation speaker, or a wall-mounted side or rear surround.
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-500SA loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn technology exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-500SA speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound. A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
5.25" Cerametallic Woofer: The RP-500SA loudspeaker utilizes a 5.25" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofer. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity. The 5.25" woofer is housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-500SA speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-500SA loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Reference Premiere Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away. The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately). Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
20 questions already asked