About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-6000F
Room-filling sound from Klipsch
Room-filling sound from Klipsch
I've long been a fan of the dynamic sound that Klipsch Reference Premiere floor-standing speakers produce. They can fill even large rooms with seeming effortlessness, thanks in part to their ultra-high-efficient design. The RP-6000F is one of the middle-sized towers in the company's new lineup, and is an excellent choice as part of a Klipsch stereo or home theater system. It features two 6-1/2" spun-copper woofers for punchy bass and powerful midrange, and Klipsch's signature 1" horn-loaded tweeter for smooth, detailed highs.
Use a pair of the RP-6000F floor-standing speakers as part of a high-impact Klipsch home theater system.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's Tractrix® horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90º x 90º mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space. The result is a wide listening "sweet spot" with precise placement of instruments and vocals.
A horn that enhances bass, too
Take a look at the back of the RP-6000F and you'll find that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Because this speaker is rear-ported, I recommend pulling it away from your wall to give it room to "breathe."
Bi-amp or bi-wire for even better sound
On the back of the RP-6000F you'll find two sets of speaker input terminals. These let you bi-amp or bi-wire your speaker to get the best sound out of it.
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- dual 6-1/2" Cerametallic cone woofers with rigid and lightweight voice coils
- frequency response: 34-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- power handling: up to 125 watts RMS (500 watts peak)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look
- walnut vinyl finish with scratch-resistant design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 9-3/8"W x 39-5/8"H x 17-1/16"D
- weight: 49 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065799
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- Stabilizer feet (installed)
- Grille (installed)
- 2 Terminal jumpers (installed)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-6000F reviews
Performance is more than I expected for speakers in this price range.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Amazing sound! I'm a class of its own.
1 of 2 found this helpful
I got a set of Reference Premiere speakers to replace my 17 year old Polk RT setup. I love the RP-6000F's which I am using as the front speakers in my 5.1 setup. They seem to effortlessly fill the room with sound. It seems like even at lower volumes, I can hear more detail in music and they just seem to fill the room better than my old speakers. I guess it is because they are considerably more efficient and the horn tweeter delivers more detail.
Pros: Efficient Detailed
2 of 2 found this helpful
If you are looking for a great pair of high end floor standing speakers add these to your list. I actually ended up purchasing these to replace my RP-5000F towers. I originally wanted them but the price was more than I wanted to pay. However, they recently went on sale and I jumped at the opportunity. They are very well built towers with some really nice cosmetic touches and look amazing with the grills off. In addition they also have some really great binding posts and are ready to go for a bi-amp or bi-wire setup. I did bi-amp them and could tell a difference. To me this really opened them up and the sound was produced more cleanly and loudly than with a one amp connection. These towers have extremely good sound reproduction and you really can hear parts of the music that will be missed on lower end speakers, even at low volume. The low end response due to the newer rear port style is surprisingly great. I have a 12 inch Klipsch sub and find myself not using it a lot of the time. They are surprisingly capable! The newer tweeters are very clean, powerful, and not nearly as taxing on your ears as the Tractrix horns from the reference series are. The Reference Premiere models are a noted improvement over the Reference line so spend a little more if you can. As far as volume goes these will get very very loud... effortlessly! Connected to an Onkyo TX-RZ820 receiver with 12 gauge cable and banana plugs.
Pros: Great looks and amazing sound reproduction. You will not be disappointed.
7 of 7 found this helpful
The Clarity is incredible. Coming from the def tech pro 800 series these were a huge upgrade. The quality of the build is prefect. Very nice looking tower. Very happy with my purchase.
5 of 7 found this helpful
There is not much really to say other than these are outstanding speakers for the price. I was fortunate to get my order in before the end of the sale. I paired these with the RP-404c and I am really happy with my purchase. The speakers came in perfect condition and the boxes look to have been handled with care. Klipsch speakers are thought of as bright or fatiguing but I can truly say there is none of that with these. I spent 3 hours listening to great live performances on AXIS TV and was just blown away. I cranked my Yamaha up to levels I normally never touch, and these speakers kept getting better. Bass is very good and for me there is no need for a sub for my mostly 2 channel listening. Eventually these will go to the back when I fill out my Home theater but for now, I am just enjoying live music like it is meant to be presented. Auditioned other great brands like Paradigm but Klipsch really brings you in to the music like you are there.
Pros: Beautiful to look at Not to bulky or take that much floor space. Can easily move to rear when filling our your Home theater with bigger L&R Bass is better than I expected You can really crank these up and not lose anything
Cons: None. I did my research and knew pretty much what I was getting before hand.
4 of 4 found this helpful
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-6000F
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||34-25k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-6000F floorstanding loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-6000F floorstanding speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound. A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
Dual 6.5" Cerametallic Woofers: The RP-6000F floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes two 6.5" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity. The 6.5" woofers are housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear Tractrix port of the RP-6000F floorstanding loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-6000F floorstanding speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-6000F floorstanding loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Dual Binding Posts: The Klipsch RP-6000F is fitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Cast Aluminum Stabilizer Feet: The Klipsch floorstanding loudspeaker includes pre-installed, cast-aluminum stabilizer feet with rubber pads for safe placement on hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. The cast aluminum feet are mechanically designed to minimize surface area in contact with the floor, decoupling the speaker for faster, tighter low frequencies and more detail. No carpet spikes are included, and the speaker will not support optional carpet spikes or other type of feet.
Note: Do not remove the stabilizer feet. The Klipsch floorstanding loudspeaker should not be used without the stabilizer feet due to stability and sound performance reasons.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch RP-6000F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the speakers should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Premiere Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away. The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately). Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked