About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D
Powerful Klipsch sound in a flat, wall-mountable design
Powerful Klipsch sound in a flat, wall-mountable design
Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers have been putting smiles on our customers' faces for years. Their sound is all Klipsch: powerful, hard-hitting, and dynamic — yet accurate and refined, too. With the RP-640D, Klipsch has managed to fit that same great Reference Premiere performance in a thin, flat design that'll look right at home next to your wall-mounted TV.
Versatile options for your home theater installation
This speaker includes a mounting bracket for on-wall installations, plus a nice-looking glass base for placement on a tabletop. Mount one horizontally under your TV to use it as a center channel speaker, and place two more vertically to the sides of the screen to complete the front soundstage of an all-Klipsch home theater. Those iconic copper woofers can make a bold visual statement, or you can use the wraparound magnetic grille to keep 'em under wraps for a more discreet look.
Wall-mount the versatile Klipsch RP-640D by your TV, or place it on a tabletop using the included glass base.
Classic Klipsch sound
Klipsch famously mounts their tweeters inside of a flared opening, or horn. This feature helps control the way sound waves are projected into your room, for crisp, focused highs. The 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn used in the Reference Premiere series is a refined version that delivers a wider sweet spot with more precise placement of instruments and vocals.
The RP-640D teams its 1" titanium tweeter with a pair of 3-1/2" copper-spun woofers plus four more passive copper cones that help reinforce the bass frequencies. It all adds up to rich, full sound from a flat-panel speaker that fits easily on your wall or TV stand.
Build a complete Klipsch on-wall system
You can use three RP-640Ds for a powerful front home theater soundstage. Or mix and match as space allows with the smaller RP-240D. For surrounds, consider the ultra-compact RP-140D. And remember, for maximum home theater impact, we recommend adding a powered subwoofer of your choice.
- frequency response 55-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- handles 75 watts (RMS) / 300 watts (peak)
- sensitivity 94 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter
- dual 3-1/2" spun copper Cerametallic™ woofers
- four 3-1/2" Cerametallic cone passive radiators
- bass-reflex (passive radiator) enclosure
- spring-post speaker terminals
- wall-mount bracket included
- matte black painted finish
- includes glass base for vertical or horizontal tabletop placement
- 6"W x 28-1/2"H x 2-7/16"D (without base, vertical)
- weight: 8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1064179
What's in the box:
- On-wall loudspeaker
- Wrap-around grille
- Table-top mount
- 2 Screws
- 2 Self-adhesive pads
- Wall-mount template
- Owner's Manual
Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range||up to 75|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D features proprietary Tractrix Horn technology coupled with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) titanium tweeter to produce clean, natural high frequencies.
- 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn: The Tractrix Horn's geometry helps to improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The 90° x 90° Tractrix Horn also focuses the high frequency sounds towards the listening area, for the cleanest, most natural sound possible.
- LTS Tweeter: Behind the Tractrix Horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) for open, natural, sound. The Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance.
Spun-Copper Cerametallic Woofers & Passive Radiators: The RP-640D loudspeaker features two 3.5" woofers and four 3.5" passive radiators made from Klipsch's distinctive, spun-copper Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, the cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range. The woofers and passive radiators also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
ABS Enclosure w/ Wrap-Around Grille: The speaker enclosure is made of ABS and features a matte black painted finish. The speaker also comes with a removable, wrap-around cloth magnetic grille which easily snaps into place over the ABS enclosure.
Spring-Post Terminals: The RP-640D is equipped with spring-post terminals to connect bare speaker wire from 16AWG to 12AWG. Due to the position of the spring-post terminals they will not accept banana plugs or pin-connectors.
Applications: The RP-640D on-wall speaker can be used as a front, center, or surround speaker in a home theater setup.
- Placement for Front Speakers: For the most spacious sound place a pair of speakers 6' to 15' apart with the listening position about 1-.5x the distance separating the speakers. However, excellent sound can still be achieved by placing these speakers close to both sides of your TV if that is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Placement for Center Speaker: Since a center-channel speaker is designed to place dialogue and primary sounds so that they appear to come from the video screen. The speaker should therefore be placed horizontally, as close to the screen as possible, preferably at least 1" directly below the screen.
- Placement for Rear speakers: As rear surrounds, a pair of speakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position (typically this will be about 5'-7'above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position or on the wall behind the listening position.
Mounting Options: The RP-640D on-wall loudspeaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally when wall-mounted or attached to the included table-top base. The included wall-bracket and dual four-way keyhole slots allow for easy, tight-to-the-wall mounting (mounting screws not included). The included glass base provides a table-top solution for placing the speaker on a stand, table, or shelf (the base attaches to the speaker using the two included screws).
- Wall-Mount Dimensions:
- Vertical: 6.0" (w) x 28.5" (h) x 2.5625" (d)
- Horizontal: 28.5" (w) x 6.0" (h) x 2.5625" (d)
- Table-Top Dimensions:
- Vertical: 9.0" (w) x 29.9375" (h) x 6.0625" (d)
- Horizontal: 28.5" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 6.0625" (d)
The Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-640D replaces these items
- ultra-slim, modern design for use with flat-panel TVs
- 1" titanium dome tweeter, dual 3-1/2" woofers, and four 3-1/2" passive radiators
- frequency response 55-24,000 Hz
7 questions already asked