About the Klipsch RP-HUB1 HD Control Center
Cinema-quality home theater sound without the wires
The compact RP-HUB1 HD control center and wireless remote are the heart of a Klipsch wireless home theater or stereo system.
Cinema-quality home theater sound without the wires
People ask us all the time about wireless surround sound. Here's a solution we're psyched to offer, from a speaker brand that has a great track record with our customers. Combine the RP-HUB1 HD Control Center with Klipsch's Reference Premiere HD wireless speakers to build a stereo or home theater system that delivers fantastic, room-filling sound. You won't need to run speaker wire behind walls, under carpeting, or across your room.
Hear every detail
Using state-of-the-art WiSA™ wireless technology, this compact system hub transmits high-quality audio at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. That means that not a single detail is lost on the way to your speakers. The system even creates its own dedicated wireless network to avoid any interference with your home's Wi-Fi® setup.
How it works
The HD Control Center is the hub of Klipsch's wireless system. Rather than using a traditional receiver or amplifier simply plug all of your source components — DVD or Blu-ray players, cable boxes, game consoles, and network music players — into the hub. Audio signals are streamed to the speakers wirelessly. The hub also receives Bluetooth® signals, so you can pair your compatible tablet or smartphone.
(One important heads-up: You will need AC power for the hub and each speaker in your system.)
Simple setup and expandability
To make setup easy, this system uses a step-by-step menu that will have you up and running within minutes. Plug the hub's HDMI output into your TV, then follow the on-screen guide. A single button on the back of each Klipsch Reference Premiere HD wireless speaker seamlessly pairs it to your HD Control Center. You can start your system off with just a single pair of Klipsch wireless bookshelf or tower speakers for impressive stereo sound, then add to it over time to create a full-blown 7.2-channel home theater system. The Control Center's on-board Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoders ensure you'll hear rich, enveloping surround sound.
Build your system with Klipsch Reference Premiere HD wireless speakers
RP-440WF floor-standing speaker - Spacious, detailed sound and powerful bass make this a formidable wireless speaker.
RP-140WM bookshelf speakers - These compact bookshelf speakers make a great pair for stereo music or for use as wireless surround sound speakers..
RP-440WC center channel speaker - The perfect center speaker for crisp dialogue and dynamic movie sound effects.
RP-110WSW powered subwoofer - Add excitement to your music and movies with deep, rumbling bass.
- wireless transmitter hub and remote for Klipsch Reference Premiere HD wireless speakers
- connect up to 4 HDMI A/V sources, 3 audio sources, plus Bluetooth® to the hub for wireless playback through the speakers
- supports 2-channel stereo and surround sound up to 7.2 channels
- play music wirelessly from Bluetooth®-enabled devices
- aptX® audio coding technology for better sound with compatible devices
- WiSA (Wireless Speaker and Audio) technology for high-quality, uncompressed wireless audio transmission
- 8-channel wireless audio output up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution for clear, detailed sound
- low latency for perfectly synced audio and video
- 30-foot wireless range
- easy, one-button pairing with compatible Klipsch wireless speakers
- 4 HDMI inputs
- 1 input includes HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 technology for compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- 1 HDMI 2.0 output with HDCP 2.2 technology
- one pair stereo RCA inputs
- digital audio inputs (S/PDIF): 1 optical and 1 coaxial
- supported audio formats:
- 2-channel PCM up to 192kHz (HDMI and S/PDIF inputs)
- 6-channel PCM up to 192khz (HDMI inputs)
- 8 channel PCM up to 96kHz (HDMI inputs)
- Dolby® Digital Plus and DTS® bitstream (HDMI and S/PDIF inputs)
- FLAC and WAV files
- Dolby Pro-Logic IIx and DTS Neo:6 processing
- proprietary bass management for tailoring the sound to your specific speaker setup
- 9-5/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 7-3/16"D
- weight: 1.2 lbs
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1062372
What's in the box:
- Wireless speaker distribution hub
- AC power adapter (w/ 59" DC cord)
- Remote control 2 "AAA" batteries
- 39" HDMI cable
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration note
Klipsch RP-HUB1 HD Control Center reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch RP-HUB1 HD Control Center
HD Wireless Control Center: The Klipsch HD Control Center (RP-HUB1) is a high resolution wireless distribution hub that replaces complicated AV receivers and transmits audio wirelessly to Klipsch's Reference Premiere HD Wireless Speakers (sold separately). The HD Control Center creates its own dedicated WiSa (Wireless Speaker & Audio) network independent of your home WiFi to eliminate dropouts and interference caused by bandwidth constraints within your home. The RP-HUB1 can wirelessly transmit up to 8-channels of audio for a wireless 7.1ch home theater system.
Note: The HD Control Center (RP-HUB1) is specifically designed to wirelessly pair with Klipsch's Reference Premier HD Wireless Speakers and is not designed to work with any other brand of speaker.
Reference Premiere HD Wireless System: The complete Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System consists of the RP-HUB1 HD Control Center, RP-440WF floorstanding speaker, RP-140WM bookshelf speaker, RP-440WC center-channel speaker, and RP-110WSW powered subwoofer (all sold separately). The floorstanding, bookshelf, and center-channel wireless speakers feature a two-way design and utilizes the same driver and horn technology as Klipsch's Reference Premiere series. The wireless powered subwoofer is modeled directly after the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-110SW subwoofer. The Klipsch HD Control Center acts as the system's hub and directs audio wireless to each speaker. All of the Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System products offer the convenience of WiSa wireless connectivity.
WiSa Wireless Technology: Through the use of state-of-the-art WiSa (Wireless Speaker & Audio) technology, the Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System delivers unmatched wireless audio performance and ease-of-use. WiSa technology transmits 24-bit audio at sample rates up to 96kHz/second, with robust error recovery for uninterrupted listening enjoyment. With extremely low latency (<5mS) and negligible speaker-to-speaker delay, it offers flawless wired-quality performance and reliability. WiSa technology operates in the relatively unused 5.2 to 5.8 GHz UNII radio frequency spectrum, reliably transmitting uncompressed audio from 2ch stereo to 7.1ch surround, along with system configuration and calibration data. It has a range of approximately 30'.
Simple Wireless Speaker Setup: The Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System gives you the ability to place speakers anywhere in your room without running speaker wire through walls or under carpet. Klipsch's proprietary Smart Speaker Selector provides a single-button solution on the rear of each speaker that seamlessly makes the connection to the HD Control Center without the need for speaker wire or a complicated AV receiver.
High Res 2.0-7.1ch Audio: The Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System can deliver 24-bit/96kHz audio in configurations ranging from 2ch stereo to 7.1ch surround sound, supporting both Dolby Digital Plus (7.1ch) & DTS (5.1ch). You can select from a variety of Surround Modes:
- Direct: All content is decoded and played back in its native format and number of channels (up to 7.1ch).
- Stereo: Takes any input material and plays it through only the left and right speakers. If the source is not in stereo, a stereo mix will be derived from the input source.
- All-Channel Stereo: Plays a stereo signal through all speakers in the system. This mode will downmix any surround information to stereo before routing to the speakers (up to 7.1ch).
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Dolby Pro Logic IIx processing is applied to the incoming source with the decoder configured for Movie, Music, or Game. Dolby Pro Logic IIx creates channels for speakers that are not present in the native audio format for up to 7.1ch audio.
- Dolby Digital EX: Dolby Digital EX processing is applied to the incoming source to create virtual rear channel information for up to 7.1ch. Only valid for system with surround & surround back speakers present.
- DTS NEO:6: DTS NEO:6 processing is applied to the incoming source with the decoder configured for Movie or Music. DTS NEO:6 creates channels for speakers that are not present in the native audio format for up to 7.1ch audio.
HDMI 2.0 w/ 4K Pass-Through: The Klipsch HD Control Center (RP-HUB1) is equipped with four HDMI 2.0 inputs and one HDMI 2.0 output. The HDMI inputs and output support up to 4K video pass-through and up to 7.1ch Dolby Digital Plus or 5.1ch DTS audio.
- HDCP 2.2: Only the hub's HDMI 1 input and HDMI output support HDCP 2.2 signal handling, a requirement for 4K Ultra-HD copy-protected content from Ultra HD Blu-ray players, 4K streaming services, and cable/satellite providers.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the hub's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC-enabled TV to the RP-HUB1 through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your TV.
- HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control): HDMI CEC Consumer Electronics Control) allows for shared remote control functionality over HDMI.
- Standby Pass-Through: The HD Control Center has the ability to pass through video and audio from the last active HDMI input while in standby mode.
Note: 3D video is not supported. The HD Control Center does not feature analog video inputs or outputs.
Digital & Analog Audio Inputs: The Klipsch RP-HUB1 is fitted with both digital and analog audio inputs. The HD Control Center is equipped with two digital inputs; an optical (toslink) digital input and a coax (RCA) digital input. Both digital inputs will accept up to 5.1ch audio (up to 24-bit/96kHz), including Dolby Digital & DTS formats. The unit also features a stereo RCA analog audio input for 2ch analog sources.
Bluetooth Music Streaming: The Klipsch HD Control Center features built-in Bluetooth A2DP technology which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, or Mac computer/laptop. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the Klipsch RP-HUB1. Playback control and song/artist information will still be done from your Bluetooth device.
- aptX & SBC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the HD Control Center offers support for the aptX codec for higher quality audio streaming from select Android devices. aptX audio coding technology provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible smartphones, like many Android smartphones with OS 4.0+.
- SSP (Simple Secure Pairing): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled device to the Klipsch RP-HUB1 without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the HD Control Center, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units. Only one device can be connected and played back at a time.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Klipsch RP-HUB1.
Audio Adjustments: The Klipsch HD Control Center offers several audio adjustments to make sure the system sound its best in your room and for your application.
- Speaker Calibration: Right out of the box, the Klipsch RP-HUB1 is acoustically matched to all speakers in the Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System, You can manually customize the output level of each individual speaker and determine the distance of each speaker in the room from your primary listening position, if you desire a more tailored sound.
- Subwoofer EQ: You will need to indicate subwoofer placement (All, Corner, or Other) in order to optimize its performance. You can also activate a Low-Volume Bass Boost to enhance bass dynamics and richness and lower listening volumes.
- Listening Modes: Choose between three Listening Modes - Natural (default/normal), Dialog (increases vocal clarity), or Night (compressed dynamic range).
- Lip Sync Delay: The HD Control Center is able to compensate for synchronization issues between audio and video by allowing you to adjust the audio delay.
On-Screen Menu & Front-Panel Display: The HD Control Center features a front-panel display which indicates source input & volume level. You can adjust the brightness level of the front-panel display. The RP-HUB1 also features an On-Screen Menu for system setup & audio adjustments. You can choose between English, French, or Spanish text.
Remote Control w/ IR Input: In addition to basic top-panel controls (Power, Source, Volume, Mute), the RP-HUB1 comes with an IR remote for full wireless operation of the HD Control Center.
Power Save Mode: The HD Control Center will automatically revert to standby mode after approximately 30 minutes of inactivity in order to conserve energy.
Firmware & Software Updates: Once you register the Klipsch Reference Premiere HD Wireless System, Klipsch will offer free firmware & software upgrades which can be downloaded from their website onto a USB thumbdrive and inserted into the HD Control Center's USB "Service Port". As a result, you can stay current with the latest Klipsch technologies while expanding your system over time.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked