About the Klipsch Reference RS-400
Immersive sound that puts you in the middle of the action
Immersive sound that puts you in the middle of the action
Here's your ticket to thrilling movie effects. Each Klipsch Special Limited Edition Reference RS-400 surround speaker features two sets of drivers angled 90 degrees apart from each other. This clever design delivers ambient effects in a full 180-degree arc, for a diffuse soundfield that completely envelops the listener. It also allows this speaker to deliver great sound even if you place it in less-than-ideal locations. You'll enjoy dynamic surround sound that enhances your movie-watching experience, from soft sounds like crickets chirping to the roar of a jet plane flying overhead.
The Special Limited Edition Reference RS-400's angled drivers deliver enveloping surround effects that fill the room.
Horn technology for dynamic performance
The RS-400 uses horn-loaded tweeters. Flared openings in the enclosure project high frequencies toward your listening area and prevent sound waves from simply spilling out in all directions. This horn design brings out details in everything you listen to, while reducing reflections that can color the sound.
- frequency response: 62-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- power handling: up to 75 watts RMS (300 watts peak)
- Tractrix® horns with two 1" titanium tweeters
- two 4" Cerametallic cone woofers
- WDST (Wide Dispersion Surround Technology) provides maximum surround coverage and placement flexibility
- keyhole slot for easy wall-mounting
- dual threaded inserts for optional wall-mount brackets
- matte black vinyl finish
- dual side-firing ports
- 10-15/16"W x 10"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight: 11.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1015113
What's in the box:
- Surround loudspeaker
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Information
Klipsch Reference RS-400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference RS-400
Features & specs
|Bipole or Dipole||WDST|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Connector Type||Binding Post|
|Frequency Response||62-23k Hz|
|Width (inches)||10 15/16|
|Depth (inches)||7 15/16|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST): The Klipsch RS-400 delivers precise sonic detail through the careful positioning of two Tractrix Horn loaded titanium-diaphragm tweeters and two 4-inch woofers. By aligning the two horns at 90° with respect to each other, along with the two woofers, the RS-400 smoothly covers a 180° horizontal arc, allowing maximum placement flexibility. This unique Wide Dispersion Surround Technology delivers a new dimension of reality and convenience, and produces a smooth, seamless broad distribution of sound, which is the perfect vehicle for every surround format.
- Tractrix Horn Tweeters: The RS-400 utilizes dual Tractrix Horns for a more genuine, lifelike sound. The square Tractrix Horns deliver a 90° wide by 60° high dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. In addition, behind each horn lies a 1" titanium tweeter with a powerful neodymium magnet motor structure to provide a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless dynamics.
- Cerametallic Woofers: The dual 4" woofers of the RS-400 surround loudspeaker feature Klipsch's distinctive, copper-colored Cerametallic material. Made with an anodized aluminum, this cone is strong and dent resistant. The anodizing process converts its inner and outer surfaces to ceramic. The outcome is a rigid cone with superb damping characteristics that will not flex or resonate at frequencies within the woofer's operating range The 4" woofers also employ a rubber surround for added durability.
Klipsch Horn Technology: Klipsch employs Horn Technology to deliver these four principles of great sound.
- High Efficiency: Klipsch speaker employs horn technology because the horn shape is perfect for accurate and dynamic sound transmission. Greater efficiency means lower distortion, which means maximum realism.
- Dynamic Range: Klipsch horn technology reproduces the softest sounds with remarkable clarity and detail and the loudest sounds with no harshness or distortion.
- Controlled Directivity: Unique Klipsch horn technology means speakers that more accurately direct sound and offer a more lifelike soundstage.
- Flat Frequency Response: Klipsch horn technology delivers exactly the sound the artist intended, with no unnatural highs, mids, or lows.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The dual 4" Cerametallic cone woofers and dual 1" titanium diaphragm compression drivers are mounted in a bass reflex enclosure which features two side-firing ports (one one each side). The twin side-firing ports eliminate turbulence noise, while increased baffle ribbing around the horn mouth dramatically improves acoustics across the sonic range. The bass reflex enclosure features a MDF cabinet finished with a Matte Black vinyl and an aluminum front baffle. The RS-400's rigid cabinet offers improved internal cross-bracing to minimize panel vibrations that can color sound.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch RS-400 is equipped with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-connectors, and bare wire (up to 10AWG).
Mounting: The Klipsch RS-400 features a back-panel keyhole slot for on-wall mounting and dual 1/4"-20 threaded inserts for attachment to popular adjustable wall/ceiling brackets and 3rd-party stands (sold separately). The speaker also come supplied with four self-adhesive rubber feet so you can sit the speaker on a stand or shelf securely. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the height of the speaker.
Placement: The Klipsch Wide Dispersion Surround Technology surround speakers in a typical 5.1-channel system can be mounted to side or rear walls. It is recommended that the RS-400 be mounted above the ear height of seated listeners (between 5' to 7' above the floor).
2 questions already asked