About the Klipsch Reference RSB-6
Front-row sound...for every seat in the house
Klipsch has always been known for their exciting, immediate sound signature. That's what you get from the Klipsch Reference RSB-6 sound bar. I've seen this energetic bar/sub combo turn our sprawling, sound-swallowing vendor training room into a lively, intimate space. Four built-in drivers — including the company's famous horn tweeters — deliver clear dialogue and in-your-face special effects. And the wireless sub ensures everyone in the room feels the bass.
- two-channel sound bar with four built-in speakers
- two 3/4" textile dome tweeters mated to Tractrix Horns for wide dispersion
- two 2-1/2" fiber-composite midrange drivers
- 4K-compatible HDMI connections
- ideal for wall-mounting beneath a flat-panel TV or resting on a TV stand
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- virtual surround sound mode for a more immersive listening experience
- dialogue enhance mode for clear speach
- 40"W x 3-3/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 6.5 lbs.
- 6.5" fiber-composite cone woofer
- ported enclosure for enhanced low-frequency response
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- 7-3/8"W x 10-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D
- weight: 9.6 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- HDMI switching: 1 in, 1 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology for 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDMI cable included
- Toslink optical digital audio input
- 1 minijack analog audio input
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting (wall template included)
- remote control
- warranty: 3 years for drivers and cabinets, 1 year for electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1063242
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- Wireless powered sub
- 2 AC power adapters (attached 6' DC cords)
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 59" HDMI cable
- Wall-Mount Template
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- "Welcome To The Klipsch Family" card
Klipsch Reference RSB-6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch Reference RSB-6
Features & specs
|Pieces in System||2|
|Tweeter||0.75" Horn-Loaded (2)|
|Midrange||2.5" Cone (2)|
|Surround Sound Decoding||5.1-channel|
|Auto Volume||Night mode|
|4K Video Compatible||Yes|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||Yes|
|Control by App||N|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||30-15k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||60W total|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||60W total|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||3-11/16H x 40W x 3-7/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||6.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||10-9/16H x 7-5/16W x 14-1/4D|
|Subwoofer Weight||9.6 lbs|
Soundbar w/ Tractrix Horn Technology: The Klipsch RSB-6's soundbar speaker is equipped with two 0.75" horn-loaded textile dome tweeters with 90° x 90° Tractrix horns that deliver crisp highs, plus dual 2.5" fiber composite woofers for dynamic midrange and enhanced vocals. By incorporating highly efficient horn-loaded technology into the soundbar, all sounds are more detailed, dialog clarity is significantly improved, and overall output is maximized to cover even the largest listening areas. The tweeters and woofers are bi-amplified and utilize a DSP-controlled crossover network.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Klipsch RSB-6 includes a wireless powered subwoofer with a 6.5" down-firing fiber composite woofer in a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing slot-port. The powered sub delivers deep, punchy bass to your movie and music soundtracks. The sophisticated 2.4 GHz technology automatically connects the soundbar and subwoofer together wirelessly; up to 50'. The wireless powered sub's cabinet features a black wood-grain vinyl finish and rubber feet. The wireless powered subwoofer has independent volume control from the included IR remote control.
Dolby Audio Decoder: The Klipsch RSB-6 incorporates Dolby Audio for rich, clear, powerful sound. Its built-in Dolby Audio decoder allows the Klipsch soundbar system to automatically reproduce detailed, high-output sound in almost any size room no matter what format of sound (including Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2ch PCM) is coming from the TV's output.
Sound Modes: The Klipsch RSB-6 soundbar & subwoofer system offers 3 sound modes to choose from - Virtual Surround, Voice Enhance, and Night. The Virtual Surround mode is designed to simulate the effect of a surround sound system. The Voice Enhance mode increases dialogue volume for enhanced vocal clarity without increasing ambient sounds. Night mode adjusts the system's dynamic range for quieter listening environments.
HDMI 2.0: The Klipsch RSB-6's soundbar is outfitted with a HDMI 2.0 input and HDMI 2.0 ARC output. The system's HDMI connectivity supports 4K pass-through and is HDCP 2.2 compliant.
- 4K Video Pass-Through: The RSB-6 lets you maintain 4K quality from source to screen by allowing 4K video to "pass-through" and be displayed on a 4K TV or projector, without compromising image quality. Giving you the pure 4K experience makes this system the perfect partner for 4K-capable TVs and Ultra-HD Blu-ray players. 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signal are also supported (there is no upscaling).
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by the system's HDMI input and output. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players, 4K Satellite/Cable providers, and 4k online video services.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the system's HDMI output allows audio to be sent from your ARC compatible TV to the soundbar system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
Note: The soundbar's HDMI input does not support HDR (High Dynamic Range) video
Digital & Analog Inputs: In addition to HDMI connectivity, the Klipsch RSB-6 offers an optical (toslink) digital input and a stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog input. Using the digital optical connection, the soundbar accepts sound from both the TV and any device (such as a DVD/Blu-ray player or Cable/Satellite receiver) hooked up to the TV. The system supports Dolby Digital & 2ch PCM audio through its optical digital input.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of many newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, HDMI inputs, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via stereo RCA or minijack.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Klipsch RSB-6 features built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming of stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop, and more to the Klipsch soundbar & subwoofer system. From the system's remote control you can operate basic playback functions like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track. You'll continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to control advanced music playback functions and to view song/artist information. A simple single button press will pair your device with the RSB-6 system. Once paired, the RSB-6 speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Klipsch RSB-6.
Remote Control: The RSB-6 comes with a credit-card size IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar & subwoofer system. The remote also operates basic playback functions like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track for Bluetooth-connected devices. You can also program the Klipsch RSB-6's Volume Up/Down and Mute functions into your existing TV remote for further ease-of-operation.
HDMI-CEC: HDMI-CEC allows you to easily manage and operate the RSB-6 system along with an HDMI-CEC compatible TV, Blu-ray player, satellite receiver, and/or cable box with a single remote; when all components are connected via HDMI.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker can simply be positioned on a shelf or stand, below or above your TV. It can also be wall-mounted using its dual keyhole slots and included template (mounting screws not included). Because the powered sub is wireless it can be positioned almost anywhere up to 50' from the soundbar speaker. It is recommended that the sub be positioned on the same wall as the soundbar.
Power Requirements: Both, the active soundbar & wireless powered sub will require AC power.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked