About the Klipsch S1 True Wireless
Lightweight, value-packed earbuds from Klipsch
Lightweight, value-packed earbuds from Klipsch
Klipsch dove headfirst into the truly wireless trend last year with their T5 True Wireless earbuds — one of our top-selling headphones. The sweat-proof S1 True Wireless earbuds sport a lighter, streamlined design, but retain many of the performance features of that popular T5 model. For example, Bluetooth 5.0 is on board, which is the latest and greatest version of the popular wireless technology.
That means a stronger, more stable connection for playing music wirelessly from your phone. And there are absolutely no wires to get in your way as you listen.
Hefty bass and slim rechargeable case
These headphones offer about five hours of battery life, and the charging case banks about 16 hours of power for recharging. When you need to recharge the case itself, just place in on the included wireless Qi charging pad (these headphones are also available without it). The S1's case is slimmer than than the T5's case, but doesn't have the cool Zippo® design. Still, this case might be functionally better for fitting into a gym bag.
And Klipsch designed this model for the gym crowd. 5mm drivers deliver a punchy, bass-forward sound that is tuned to keep you in rhythm while you run and workout. In fact, if you crave a lot of low-end in general, you may actually prefer the S1's sound versus the T5. That model has a well-rounded sound designed more for focused listening, while these headphones bring the bass.
Soft oval ear tips for patented comfort
Klipsch includes two sizes of their patented oval ear tips. These soft silicone earbud covers slide in easily to keep the earbuds stable and secure while you move. I find they avoid pressure points and create one of the best seals out there — crucial for getting solid bass response.
On my recent tour of Klipsch HQ, I saw firsthand that they didn't just stumble onto this design. They showed me several tackle-boxes full of rubber-ish molds of actual people's ear canals. In these molds, they noticed an oval cross section in each mold – no matter the size.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- IPX4 splash-resistant
- 5mm dynamic drivers
- powerful, punchy bass
- includes wireless Qi charging pad
Wireless audio and calls:
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- built-in microphones for clear phone calls
- dual-mic system designed to better capture your voice in noisy or windy conditions
Battery and charging info:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer 5 hours of listening
- carrying case banks up to 16 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- charges wirelessly with included Qi charger (also available without Qi charger)
- USB cable included for charging case (USB-A to micro-USB)
General info and specs:
- includes 2 sizes of patented Klipsch oval ear tips for a secure, noise-isolating fit
- streamlined design fits natural shape of ear canal and avoids pressure points
- controls on each earbud let you answer calls and control music
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.35 oz. (both earbuds)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1068445
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless ear buds (black)
- 2 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- Wireless charging pad
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- 8" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Charging case
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch S1 True Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.732" x 0.98"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Klipsch S1 True Wireless earphones are two independent wireless ear buds that deliver the legendary Klipsch sound comfortably and without wires. The ear buds feature Klipsch's contoured oval ear tips to ensure they stay in place for hours, even during rigorous activities. They're also rated at IPX4 to withstand rain, moisture, and sweat. This pair of S1 earphones include a Wireless Charging Pad, along with 2 pairs of ear tips, a charging case for storing and recharging the ear buds, and two Micro-USB charging cables (8" and 20").
Wireless Charging: The included Wireless Charging Pad lets you charge your S1s in the charging case by simply placing them on the pad. The charging pad is Qi-compatible, and has a 5-watt output. The battery case supports Qi charging up to 1.5 watts. Dimensions: 3.9" diameter, 0.386" height.
Drivers: The S1 Wireless earphones feature 10mm dynamic drivers to deliver the high quality Klipsch sound with high output and full bass extension. The ear buds are ergonomically shaped for a deeper fit and better hold, so they'll stay in your ears, whether you're working out or relaxing.
Microphones: Each ear bud features two microphones for better voice clarity and to reduce environmental noise.
Ear Tips: The patented, oval-shaped silicone ear tips fit the natural shape of the ear canal, ensuring a deeper fit and good seal for excellent noise isolation. Two pairs of silicone ear tips are included to help you find the best fit.
Bluetooth 5.0: The earphones feature Bluetooth 5.0, the latest in wireless technology, with a range of up to approximately 33 feet (10 meters). Bluetooth profiles include A2DP 1.3, AVRCP 1.6, HSP 1.2, and HFP 1.7. The headphones include SBC and AAC codecs for high-fidelity audio streaming.
On Board Controls/Indicators: Control of the S1 True Wireless has controls on the outside of each ear bud for music playback and phone calls. Voice prompts confirm your status and actions. The charging case and each ear bud has LED indicators for battery level, charging, pairing, and power status.
Battery: Each S1 True Wireless ear bud is powered by a 45mAh rechargeable battery. The ear buds are charged when placed inside the supplied Charging Case, which has a 400mAh Lithium Ion rechargeable battery. The case's battery can be charged in about 1.5 hours via USB (5.0V, 1A) on the Wireless Charging Pad, or with the supplied Micro-USB charging cable. The earphones charge in approximately 1.2 hours, and when fully charged, provide up to 5 hours of battery life. The case's battery provides enough reserve power for three full charges, or 16 additional hours. When the S1 True Wireless is paired with an iOS or Android device, the battery status is visible on the device's screen.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Ear Bud Dimensions: Width 0.732", Height 0.98", Depth 0.845"
- Charging Case Dimensions: Width 3.221", Height 1.193", Depth 1.484"
- Driver Diameter: 10mm
- Weight: 0.3 ounces (both ear buds); Case: 1.45 ounces (1.75 ounces w/ear buds)