About the Klipsch The Three
Spun copper knobs and switches give the Three a deliciously retro look and feel.
The Three wireless multi-room speaker is part of Klipsch's Heritage Wireless series, incorporating the best of the old and new. Spun copper switches and knobs, real wood veneer and classic acoustic design represent the old; built-in Bluetooth, streaming multi-room audio, and support for high-resolution digital music represent the new. And it all comes together in an incredible-sounding package — that's the Three.
Superior sound from true speaker experts
The Three features two 2-1/4” full range drivers that deliver full, detailed stereo sound. The drivers are bi-amped for exceptional accuracy and clarity. A signature Klipsch 5-1/4” long-throw woofer fills out the low end with depth and warmth. Dual opposed passive radiators provide additional power to the bass.
Klipsch Stream and Play-Fi
The Three can be part of a Klipsch Stream multi-room audio network. Klipsch Stream uses your home Wi-Fi network and Play-Fi. You can play music wirelessly from your phone, tablet, or PC and stream tunes from services like TIDAL, Spotify Connect, Pandora, and Rhapsody. And you can also enjoy SiriusXM if you have a subscription.
Build out your multi-room audio system with additional Klipsch Stream or Play-Fi speakers and components. You can have speakers in different rooms playing the same thing, or each speaker playing from a different source. And you can control it all with the free Klipsch Stream app downloaded to your smartphone or tablet.
Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX®
You can stream music wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet to the Three via Bluetooth. The system includes aptX audio coding, an advanced type of Bluetooth wireless streaming that retains virtually all the detail of the audio signal it carries. You'll enjoy excellent sound quality from your Bluetooth audio sources.
Connect it all
A variety of inputs let you connect just about any sound source to the Three. A built-in phono preamp lets you connect a turntable directly. Stereo RCA connectors let you hook up your CD player, receiver, or other audio component. Play high-resolution music from your computer through the Three's USB port, and music from handheld devices through the stereo minijack.
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Bluetooth 4.0 including aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- built-in Wi-Fi® for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- two 2-1/4" full-range drivers
- a 5-1/4" long-throw woofer for solid bass with dual opposed 5-1/4" passive radiators
- 60 watts total system power
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz
Klipsch Stream (DTS Play-Fi):
- allows the Three speaker to communicate with compatible Klipsch and other Play-Fi components and speakers
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi allows connection to your wireless home network and wireless communication with other Play-Fi devices (recommended maximum of 16 devices on a network)
- plays music stored on network hard drive, and computers
- supports Spotify® Connect, Pandora®, Rhapsody, Amazon Prime, TIDAL, SiriusXM, and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- DLNA support for streaming music from compatible networked computers and NAS drives
- multi-zone synchronous playback (same music plays in multiple zones simultaneously) or multi-stream playback (music individually selected for each player)
- easy wireless setup using your smartphone, tablet, or PC
- plays MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV files; sampling rates up to 24-bit/192kHz (downsamples high-resolution PCM files to 16-bit/48kHz)
- not compatible with protected files with digital rights management (DRM)
- can be controlled via Klipsch Stream app (free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play)
- RCA analog audio input (switchable line/phono)
- USB Type B port for connecting a Mac® or PC
- stereo minijack input
- built-in phono pre-amp
- spun copper switches and control knobs
- real wood veneer
- 13-11/16"W x 7"H x 8"D
- weight: 10.32 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1063284
What's in the box:
- Active wireless speaker system
- 57" AC power cord
- 5' Stereo minijack cable
- 6.5' USB-B to USB-A cable
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
- "Welcome To The Klipsch Family" card
- Spotify brochure
Klipsch The Three reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Klipsch The Three
Klipsch Heritage Design: Incorporating luxury materials such as real wood veneer and tactile spun copper switches and knobs, the Klipsch Three blends the acoustics and classic design legacy of Paul W. Klipsch with the latest technologies available today.
Professionally Tuned Stereo Sound: The Klipsch Three is a stereo tabletop system featuring two 2.25" full-range drivers and a 5.25" long-throw woofer, bi-amplified for audio resolution and professionally tuned by Klipsch engineers to deliver a premium audio experience. In addition to the active 5.25" long-throw woofer, the Three also features dual opposed 5.25" passive radiators to deliver enhanced bass performance.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Klipsch Three tabletop stereo system features Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology so you can enjoy streaming online music services, internet radio, or music content stored on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer. Pairing your Bluetooth source device with the Three is extremely easy; just press and hold the source button on the speaker and select "Klipsch The Three" on your Bluetooth device. The speaker will only pair with one device at a time. Once paired, the Three will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- SBC & aptX Codecs: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Klipsch Three supports aptX for CD-quality streaming from Android OS 4.0+ and other aptX compatible devices
- Playback Control: Basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included remote control. Advanced music browsing and song/artist info are still handled from your Bluetooth source device.
USB-B Input: The Klipsch Three speaker system features a rear-panel USB (type-B) input for connecting your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop. Through the Three's USB connection, you are able to play music files (up to 24-bit/96kHz) stored on your Windows PC or Mac computer/laptop through the powered speaker system. Basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) can be done from the included remote control. Advanced music browsing and song/artist info are still handled from your computer. You will need to install a dedicated USB driver from the Klipsch website onto your Windows PC before connecting your computer (Mac computers will not need this dedicated driver).
Note: There is also a USB-A port which is used for service, software, and firmware updates only.
Aux Input: The Klipsch Three also features a 3.5mm analog input, so you can connect practically any audio source via either a 3.5mm-to-3.5mm audio cable or an RCA-to-3.5mm audio cable (sold separately). Connect your portable music player, TV, or any audio source with an analog audio output or headphone jack.
Line or Phono Analog Input: In addition, the Klipsch Three is equipped with a stereo RCA input that can used as a Line or Phono (MM) input. There is a switch on the back-panel that lets you select between line-level or the built-in phono (MM) preamp. Connect your CD player, Blu-ray player, Turntable, and other audio sources with an analog audio output.
Remote Control: The included IR remote offers wireless control over the Klipsch Three speaker system. Control functions included Power, Volume, Mute, and Source; as well as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track for Bluetooth and USB sources only.
Flexible Placement Options: The Klipsch Three wireless speaker system is small enough that it can be placed almost anywhere - on a table-top, counter-top, shelf, end-table, nightstand, dresser, or small credenza.
AC Power: The Klipsch Three wireless speaker system is equipped with a detachable AC power cord that must be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector. This speaker system is not battery powered.
Wireless Network Connection: The Klipsch Three wireless speaker system uses your home's WiFi network for whole-house audio entertainment via DTS Play-Fi. A dual-band "N" or better router is recommended for the most reliable wireless network connection.
DTS Play-Fi Wireless Technology: The Three tabletop stereo system is part of the Klipsch Stream Wireless Multi-Room System which uses DTS Play-Fi technology to wirelessly distribute your music throughout your home. DTS Play-Fi combines DTS audio and WiFi wireless technology to wirelessly stream high-definition "lossless" audio with no impact on sound quality. DTS Play-Fi will stream pure, bit-for-bit, lossless audio, for uncompromised quality sound; up to 16-bit/48kHz. DTS Play-Fi has a range of up to 100' from your wireless router.
Note: All DTS Play-Fi enabled products work seamlessly together, so there's no hassle adding more speakers, or choosing more than one audio brand like Klipsch, Martin Logan, Definitive Technology, Polk Audio, Phorus, Wren, etc..) in your home.
Klipsch Stream App: Download the free Klipsch Stream app onto your Apple iOS (8.0+) device or Android (4.0+) smartphone/tablet for easy and convenient management of your music from your mobile device. From the app you can initially set up the Klipsch Three speaker system, as well as add, link, and control all your DTS Play-Fi speakers. You'll be able stream music directly from the system's built-in music online services, or music on your mobile device or computer to multiple DTS Play-Fi enabled speakers through out your home. The app lets you browse your music by artist, album, genre, or title; and provides album art. You can choose to play the same music in each zone or a different song in each room.
Variety Of Sources: The Klipsch Three wireless speaker system with DTS Play-Fi supports a variety of music sources.
- Mobile Device (Apple iOS + Android): You are able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps on your Apple iOS (8.0+) or Android (4.0+) device to the speaker system through the free Klipsch Stream App.
- Online Music Services: From the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer, you can share and listen to Pandora, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Napster, and Internet Radio. While the DTS Play-Fi app is free, not all the online music services are (subscription & purchasing fees may apply).
- Computer Audio: The Klipsch Three is DLNA compliant for playback of various music files stored on your Windows PC (7/8) or DLNA-certified NAS drives connected to your home network. MAC OSX computers and laptops require third party software to be visible on the network (Twonky, Plex, Servio etc.) as they do not support DLNA. Use the DTS Play-Fi app on your mobile device or computer to access these music files.
Supported Music Files: The Klipsch Three speaker system & DTS Play-Fi support music formats such as MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. The system will recognize music files up to 24-bit/192kHz and wirelessly stream these files at up to 16-bit/48kHz (CD quality sound). Some down-sampling may occur to ensure virtually lossless distribution throughout a home network.
Critical Listening Mode: For those who wish to hear high resolution audio as originally intended, Critical Listening mode will enable native rendering of high resolution files up to 24-bit/96kHz, with no down-sampling or network synchronization adjustment. In this way, audio files retain their original audio integrity. Critical Listening Mode is only available on one DTS Play-Fi speaker and not supported for multiroom audio distribution.
Multiroom Audio: You can play the same source in each zone or a different song in each room. Eight separate wireless source devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.), each with its own source, are supported simultaneously and any wireless source device can stream to eight DTS Play-Fi playback devices. Due to the bandwidth limitations of most wireless networks, no more than 16 wireless DTS Play-Fi products on a single WiFi network at one given time is recommended. Supported multiroom audio sources include -
- Apple iOS & Android devices with the Klipsch Stream app installed.
- Select DTS Play-Fi online music services and internet radio.
- Music library from your Windows PC or Mac computer (via DLNA).
Note: Bluetooth, USB, and analog input sources are not supported for multiroom audio.
Alexa Compatible (future firmware update): The Klipsch Stream series of products will soon be able to support Amazon Alexa voice-commands allowing your to control your Klipsch Stream speakers, soundbars, and multiroom audio systems from any Alexa-enabled device, such as the Amazon Echo or Dot (sold separately). The Klipsch Stream series of products will require a free firmware update (available in 2018 - no exact ETA) through the Klipsch Stream app to enable functionality of Alexa voice control.
9 questions already asked