About the On-Q AU0100-WHLA-F1
Easily change your system's volume
Easily change your system's volume
Looking for a simple way to raise or lower the volume of your custom-installed audio system? This in-wall control from On-Q can help. Install one in rooms with in-wall or in-ceiling stereo speakers for quick and intuitive volume adjustments.
Wiring this On-Q volume control is pretty straightforward: Connect your amplifier's left and right speaker outputs to the inputs on the back of the unit using in-wall rated speaker wire. Then run separate lengths of in-wall wire from the volume control out to your speakers.
Wire multiple controls to the same amp channels
This volume control offers adjustable impedance magnification — a handy feature that enables a single amplifier to drive multiple pairs of speakers without dropping impedance to levels that could potentially damage your amp.
Wiring several volume controls to the same amplifier channels? Consider using Russound's EZB-8 connecting block to make plugging in multiple sets of wires more manageable.
- in-wall volume control with a smooth-turning rotary knob
- connect multiple pairs of speakers to your receiver or amplifier (requires 1 volume control per speaker pair)
- power handling: 100 watts per channel RMS
- selectable impedance matching (1/2X, 4X, and 8X) allows support for up to eight pairs of speakers
- can be used as non-impedance matching volume control if jumper is left on 1X
- designed for indoor use
- installs in a single-gang electrical box
- includes white and almond Decora®-style wall plates
- accepts up to 14-gauge wire
Warranty and dimensions:
- 2-3/4"W x 4-1/2"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AU0100WHLAF1
What's in the box:
- In-wall volume control
- White cover-plate (pre-installed)
- White insert (pre-installed)
- White knob (pre-installed)
- Almond cover-plate
- Almond insert
- Almond knob
- 2 Detachable connectors (pre-installed)
- 2 White screws (pre-installed)
- 2 Almond screws
- 2 Silver screws
- Installation Sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the On-Q AU0100-WHLA-F1
In-Wall Volume Control: The On-Q/Legrand In-Wall Volume Control (AU0100-WHLA-F1), is meant to be used in a multiple speaker distributed sound system. This in-wall volume control enables more pairs of speakers to be connected to an amplifier than the amplifier could normally accommodate (due to impedance matching ability). The volume control also has a non-impedance matching (1x) option to accommodate a single pair of speakers. When used in this fashion optimum fidelity will be achieved with a single pair of speakers.
- Audio Power Handling: 100 watts (RMS) per channel
- Impedance: compatible with 4-, 6-, and 8-ohm speaker systems
Selectable Impedance Magnifying Circuit: A universal impedance magnifying circuit enables the AU0100-WHLA-F1 to act as both stereo and an impedance magnifying volume control. You can magnify the speakers' impedance by a factor of two, four, or eight, allowing you to connect up to eight pair of speakers to a single amplifier or receiver. A jumper plug on the circuit board of the volume control lets you set the impedance factor to 1x, 2x, 4x, or 8x (this will need to be done prior to final installation).
Detachable Speaker Wire Connectors: The On-Q/Legrand In-Wall Volume Control (AU0100-WHLA-F1) has two detachable phoenix-style connector blocks that disconnect for easy wiring. The connector blocks can accommodate 18 AWG to 14 AWG speaker wire. Use 18 AWG speaker wire for less than 10' runs, 16 AWG speaker wire for 10'-50' runs, and 14 AWG speaker wire for runs over 50'.
Mounting Options: The On-Q/Legrand In-Wall Volume Control installs in a single gang electrical box (not included and sold separately). It comes with white and almond colored volume knobs, inserts, and cover plates.
- Overall Dimensions: 2.75" (w) x 4.5" (h) x 3.75" (d)
- Volume Control Dimensions: 1.6875" (w) x 4.0625" (h) x 1.9375" (d)
- Cover Plate/Knob Dimensions: 2.75" (w) x 4.5" (h) x 0.9375" (d)
Note: Designed for indoor use only (do not use outdoors).