- in-wall metal enclosure for conduit and A/V wiring
- provides easy access to cables and low-voltage wires
- compatible with On-Q structured wiring modules
- top and side panel knockouts allow for customized configuration
- bottom panel has knockouts for installing two AC receptacles
- multiple units can be "stacked" on top of each other for storage expansion
- 14-3/8"W x 28-1/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- note: this enclosure does not come with a cover
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EN2885
What's in the box:
- Structured wiring enclosure
- Cable Guard
- Installation Instructions
More details on the On-Q 28" Enclosure
Overview: The On-Q EN2885 is a 28" enclosure for structured wiring applications, including FTTH (Fiber to the Home). It is made of 20-gauge steel with a white powder coat finish. Its stackable design lets you connect two enclosures together with cable pass-through. The EN2885 does NOT include a cover, however, a screw-on cover (EN2820) and a hinged door (EN2860) are available separately.
Note: The enclosure has square slots and round holes for On-Q type modules and brackets equipped with tabs and push-pins. Other brands of modules and brackets may not be compatible.
Knockouts: The EN2885 features multiple round knockouts for cable access. The cable access knockouts are provided in the following locations:
- Top: Total 5 (Two 2" diameter and three 1-3/8" diameter)
- Bottom: Total 2 (2" diameter and 1-3/8" diameter)
- Sides: Total 2 (2" diameter each)
- Back: Total 6 (1-3/4" diameter each)
Mounting: The EN2885 can be mounted in the following ways:
- Surface Mounting: The enclosure can be mounted to a flat surface with a plywood backboard. Typically, the enclosure is first hung in the desired location by the provided keyhole slot. This allows you to mark and drill rear-access holes if your cable access is from the rear. Four recessed mounting holes are provided on the back panel for permanent mounting.
- Recessed: You can flush-mount the enclosure between two 16" on-center studs. Two tabs are provided on each side to secure the enclosure to the front of the studs. Additional screw holes are provided on the side walls. Depth marks are provided on the sides to account for drywall thickness.
Enclosure Power: You can easily provide AC power to any module that requires AC or DC power to operate. Rectangular knockouts are provided on the bottom for adding up to two duplex AC receptacles. A ground screw is located inside the bottom of the enclosure.