About the Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500
A powerful sub amp with digital processing
A powerful sub amp with digital processing
Nuvo created the NV-SUBAMP500 to be a powerful companion to almost any passive subwoofer, including Nuvo's own NV-SUBIW8 and NV-SUBIWDUAL8. This amplifier can effortlessly drive a 4-or-8-ohm load, providing all the power your sub or subs need to bring big bass to your listening room. But the fun doesn't stop there.
This amplifier also features adjustable EQ settings, DSP (digital signal processing) for clean sound, and a variable crossover for tailoring the bass to match the rest of your system. The front-mounted LCD screen lets you see the available menu options, which you can scroll through and select using the control knob mounted to the right of the screen.
This potent amp can integrate with almost any receiver, as long as the receiver has an LFE or RCA output. If you'd rather house it in your component rack, this compact amp only requires a single standard 1U rack space. There's also a 12-volt trigger in/out set and an IR input for controlling the SUBAMP500 with other devices, or for having the amp turn on other components.
- designed to drive passive subwoofers, like Nuvo's NV-SUBIW8 and NV-SUBIWDUAL8
- can drive one or two 8-ohm subwoofers
- power output: 250 watts at 8 ohms; 500 watts at 4 ohms
- shelf-or-rack mount design
- front-panel LCD screen and control knob
- sound and menu adjustments are made from on-screen menu
- four built-in EQ presets for matching amplifier's sound with connected subwoofer
- three DSP settings to match your listening environment and preferences
- control knob also acts as a volume knob
- "Night Mode" caps amplifier and subwoofer output for quieter listening at night
- variable 40-250 Hz low-pass crossover when LFE is not used
- continuously variable phase control (0-180°)
- stereo RCA/unfiltered LFE line-level input
- two pairs of speaker binding posts
- 12-volt trigger input and output ports to allow amplifier control with other components
- 3.5mm IR input for amplifier control via IR repeater
- mini-USB Type B port for firmware updates
- detachable AC power cord
- stereo RCA line-level outputs for signal pass-through
- audio-sensing auto on/off mode sets amplifier into "standby" mode when no incoming signal is detected
- fits standard 1U rack mounting slots
- signal-to-noise ratio: >86 dB
- THD: <1%
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 16-15/16"W x 1-15/16"H x 10-3/8"D
- weight: 8.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NV-SUBAMP500-NA
What's in the box:
- Subwoofer amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Brackets 6 Machine screws
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||250|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||500|
|Bridged Power per Channel||0 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||1|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||5-Way Post|
Subwoofer Amplifier: The Legrand Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500 is a subwoofer amplifier designed to integrate with and power Nuvo in-ceiling or in-wall passive subwoofers (including the NVSUBIC8, NVSUBIW8, and NVSUBIWDUAL8). It can also be used with other brands and models of in-ceiling and in-wall passive subwoofers. The NV-SUBAMP500 employs a Class D amplifier that delivers 250 watts 1 channel (into 8 ohms) or 500 watts x 1 channel (into 4 ohms).
- You can connect up two 8 ohm rated in-wall or in-ceiling passive subwoofers.
- You can only connect up to one 4 ohm rated in-wall or in-ceiling passive subwoofer.
Controls: The following controls can be operated from the Nuvo subwoofer amplifier's front-panel 3-way rotary knob and display screen.
- 4-Position EQ: A 4-position EQ settings allows the amplifier output to be tailored to a Nuvo in-ceiling or in-wall passive subwoofers (NVSUBIC8, NVSUBIW8, NVSUBIWDUAL8); or set to Flat (Off) for use with other brands and models of in-wall passive subwoofers.
- Volume Level: Use the volume conntrol to match output level of the NV-SUBAMP500 and your passive in-wall subwoofer with the rest of your speaker system.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable low pass filter (40-250Hz) allows you to adjust the upper frequency limit of the subwoofer to control the overlap of the subwoofer's upper frequencies and the main speakers' lower frequencies. This results in bass that complements the sound from the main speakers rather than overpowers.
- Phase Adjustment: The variable phase adjustment operates over a range from 0 degrees to 180 degrees and allows you to match the arrival times of the sound waves from the subwoofer and the main speakers. This fine-tuning results in bass that is less muddy or boomy, but rather smooth and detailed.
- Audio Mode: The Audio Mode has 3 presets to choose from that tailors the sound of the amplifier for certain listening applications (Music or Movie), or select Bypass to dissable the audio processing for general listening.
Connections: The following inputs and outputs are found on the rear-panel of the Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500 subwoofer amplifier.
- RCA/LFE Inputs: The NV-SUBAMP500 features a stereo RCA input that can also serve as an LFE input to connect to the preamp output or LFE output of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier. If your receiver, amplifier, or preamplifier has an LFE output, then use the RCA input jack labeled "(LFE) L" on the Nuvo subwoofer amplifier.
- Stereo RCA Outputs: There is also a stereo RCA output that can be used to pass the line-level input signal of the NV-SUBAMP500 amplifier to another subwoofer amplifier. The line-level inputs and outputs consist of female stereo RCA jacks.
- Binding Post Speaker Outputs: The NV-SUBAMP500 is outfitted with two sets of 5-way binding post terminals that can be used to connect up to two in-ceiling or in-wall passive subwoofers. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Front-Panel Display: The Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500 subwoofer amplifier features a front-panel LCD screen which display menu settings and control options.
IR Input: The NV-SUBAMP500 features a rear-panel IR input (3.5mm) for simply operation with control systems (sold separately).
Power Requirements: The Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500 comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord (3-prong) that will need to be plugged into the back of the subwoofer amplifier and into an AC power wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The amplifier offers 3 power turn on/off options - Auto Turn, 12V Trigger, or Switched.
- Auto Turn On/Off: The NV-SUBAMP500 features signal-sensing power activation to automatically turn on when it detects an audio signal signal from from your AV receiver or integrated amplifier.. It will return to standby automatically after approximately 15 minutes of no audio signal.
- 12V Trigger In/Out: In addition, the NV-SUBAMP500 is outfitted with a 12V DC trigger input (3.5mm) and output (3.5mm). The 12V DC trigger input allows your AV receiver or integrated amplifier's 12V DC trigger output to turn the subwoofer amplifier on/off when the receiver or integrated amp is powered on or off. The 12V DC trigger output allows the subwoofer amplifier to control the power on/off of an external device with a 12V DC trigger input.
- Switched: The NV-SUBAMP500 subwoofer amplifier manually turns on and off with its power button.
Mounting Options: The Nuvo NV-SUBAMP500 subwoofer amplifier can be mounted on a flat tabletop surface, or it can be rack-mounted in a 1U rack space of an equipment rack. Rack mount brackets are included. The feet will need to be removed in order to rack mount the amplifier.
- Tabletop Dimensions: 16.9375" (w) x 1.9375" (h) x 10.0625" (d)
- Rack-Mount Dimeinsons: 19.9" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 10.0625" (d)