About the Nuvo NV-SUBTXRX
Wireless flexibility for subwoofers
Wireless flexibility for subwoofers
As an audio enthusiast, I've built many home audio systems over the years. Each time I build one, it never fails that I struggle to find the most discreet cable route from my receiver to my powered subwoofer (I often have it distanced from the rest of my system). One thing's for certain: if cables weren't part of the equation, things would be much simpler. Nuvo's answer to this problem is their NV-SUBTXRX. This kit includes both a receiver and a transmitter and can turn any regular powered subwoofer into a "wireless" one. (Remember, it'll still need AC power.)
The signal path starts at the transmitter, which gets plugged into your receiver's LFE or RCA subwoofer output. You'll connect the wireless receiver to your subwoofer's corresponding input. Once all that's done, and both the transmitter and receiver are hooked up to power, you'll hit the pairing button on each to get them to "talk" to each other. After the short pairing process is complete, you're ready to rock.
The transmitter and receiver can talk to each other from up to 50 feet away, which gives you maximum placement flexibility. If any signal interference is detected, both modules will change their operating frequencies to negate the effects. Probably the coolest part about this system is that one transmitter can work with up to four SUBRX receivers! That's right — it allows you to run the audio signal wirelessly to four subwoofers in your room.
- includes wireless transmitter and receiver for use with powered subwoofers
- compatible with any brand of subwoofer and receiver with mono or stereo RCA connections
- one transmitter works with up to four NV-SUBRX receivers
- automatically changes wireless frequency if interference is detected to prevent signal degradation and delays
- wireless range: up to 50 feet
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NV-SUBTXRX-NA
What's in the box:
- Wireless transmitter
- Wireless receiver
- 2 AC power adapters (attached 5' cord)
- 8" miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nuvo NV-SUBTXRX
Wireless Subwoofer Kit: The Nuvo NV-SUBTXRX wireless subwoofer kit gives you the ability add wireless connectivity between your powered subwoofer and your AV receiver. The Nuvo NV-SUBTXRX wireless subwoofer kit consists of a wireless transmitter that plugs into your AV receiver, and a wireless receiver that connects to your powered subwoofer. The NV-SUBTXRX is only designed for wireless subwoofer transmission with an audio frequency reange of 10Hz to 500Hz (it is not designed for full-range speakers).
- Transmitter: The wireless transmitter plugs into your AV receiver's subwoofer or LFE output. The transmitter features stereo RCA input jacks. The Left stereo RCA input jack can also be used as an LFE input. The transmitter measures 3.5625" (w) x 1.3125" (h) x 4.5625" (d).
- Receiver: The wireless receiver plugs into your powered subwoofer's RCA or LFE input. The receiver features a mono-RCA output jack. The receiver measures 2.3125" (w) x 1.3125" (h) x 4.5625" (d).
Note: Stereo RCA and subwoofer cables are not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab). A RCA Y-adapter (sold separately) may also be required for connection.
5GHz Wireless Transmission: The Nuvo NV-SUBTXRX wireless subwoofer kit utilizes 5GHz with auto frequency hopping and a latency of less than 20 milliseconds. It has a wireless range of approximately 50' between the transmitter and receiver. With a wireless range of up to 50', the NV-SUBTXRX offers simple setup, placement flexibility, and reliable connectivity.
- Operating Frequency: 5.2GHz and 5.8GHz
- Channel Width: < 22MHz
- Latency: < 20 milliseconds
- Wireless Range: 50'
Note: There is a "Pairing" button on back of both the transmitter and receiver that will need to be pressed to make wireless connection.
Receiver Expansion: The Nuvo NV-SUBTXRX wireless subwoofer kit supports up to 4 wireless receivers (including the one that comes with the kit), so you can add up to three more receivers (NV-SUBRX; sold separately) and wirelessly connect up to 4 powered subwoofers.
Mounting Options: The wireless transmitter and wireless receiver can simply be tabletop mounted, or wall-mounted using the integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not included).
Power Requirements: The wireless transmitter and wireless receiver each come with an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet. The transmitter and receiver can also be powered via USB, if your AV receiver and/or powered subwoofer has a USB port (5V/500ma).