About the Sensaphone Outdoor Air Temperature Sensor
The Sensaphone 10K type Outdoor Air Temperature sensor monitors air temperature on a scale from -30–140°. The unit's sensor is mounted inside a ventilated, treated weather–resistant PVC shield on a weatherproof outlet box. The sensor can be remotely monitored with the addition of an optional Sensaphone WSG30-420 transducer interface.
- hardwired sensor detects and monitors air temperature levels between -32-140°
- mounted inside a ventilated, treated weather-resistant PVC shield to minimize radiant energy effects
- weatherproof outlet box for outdoor mounting
- can be monitored remotely when used with a Sensaphone wireless transducer interface (not included)
- requires a 24VDC power supply
- 3"W x 9"H x 2"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FGD-0104
What's in the box:
- Metal outdoor outlet box with attached ventilated PVC shield and 8' length of 24AWG wire
- Two 1" diameter threaded outlet box plugs
- Metal blank outlet box cover
- Foam insert for outlet box cover
- 2 Outlet box cover screws
- Outlet box cover instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sensaphone Outdoor Air Temperature Sensor
Overview: The Sensaphone FGD-0104 is an Outdoor Air Temperature sensor that works with any Sensaphone monitoring system that accepts a 4-20mA input signal, including the FGD-1800 and the WSG30 Wireless Monitoring System (with the WSG Wireless 4-20mA Interface). The sensor is designed to be hardwired to the monitoring system (or interface), and requires the FGD-0053 24-volt DC power supply (sold separately).
Construction: The sensor consists of a sensitive temperature element with a 2.5" long stainless steel tube sheath, and mounted inside of a ventilated, treated weather-resistant tapered PVC shield to minimize radiant energy effects. The assembly is attached to a weatherproof metal outlet box. The sensor has an 8' length of 24AWG wire for connecting to the monitoring system or wireless interface. Wire ports with threaded plugs are provided on the rear and side of the box. A metal blank outlet box cover is also included.
Measurement Range: The Outdoor Temperature sensor operates within a range of -30° to 140°F with an accuracy of ±0.36°F.
Installation: The sensor is designed to be mounted outdoors. It should not be placed near exhaust fans or other forced air outlets. Although the PVC shield minimizes the effects of radiant energy, you should attempt to locate the sensor away from asphalt, concrete, or other reflective surfaces that can skew ambient temperature readings. It should also not be placed where it will be exposed to vibrations.
Wiring: The FGD-0104 includes an 8' length of 24AWG wire. Additional lengths of 22AWG shielded wire can be spliced onto the attached wire if the sensor is more than 8' away from system monitor.