About the ZVOX SoundBar SB400
Big sound from a slim bar
The ZVOX SB400 looks great wall-mounted, or it can rest on a stand with your TV.
Big sound from a slim bar
Looking for an easy way to upgrade your TV's sound quality? The ZVOX SB400 houses three high-performance speakers and one woofer in a slim, acoustically stable aluminum cabinet for room-filling sound without a room full of speakers. Flexible connections include both digital and analog audio inputs, for newer or older TVs. The cables are included, so you have everything you need for a quick setup. You can use your existing TV, cable, or satellite remote to control volume, mute, and power on the sound bar. Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream any music you listen to on your compatible mobile device to the SB400.
Dial in the sound you want
The SB400 adds volume and clarity to your TV setup, but it doesn't stop there. It offers a custom listening experience for different situations. PhaseCue® virtual surround creates three-dimensional home theater sound for more dynamic sound from movies and TV shows. The AccuVoice® feature uses hearing aid technology so dialogue is extra clear. ZVOX's Output Leveling feature eliminates the sudden, jarring shifts in volume that occur when commercials come on or when you switch channels.
- Dolby Digital® decoding
- PhaseCue virtual surround sound creates spacious effects
- AccuVoice dialogue emphasis mode uses circuitry similar to a hearing aid to enhance vocal clarity
- Output Leveling mode helps tame loud commercials
- MegaBass system uses advanced digital contouring for deep, accurate bass
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music wirelessly from a compatible device
- aptX® audio coding for better Bluetooth sound quality with compatible devices
- built-in 118-watt Class D amplifier
- three 2" full-range drivers
- one 4" woofer
- frequency response 58-20,000 Hz
- 2 optical digital audio inputs (1 optical cable included)
- 1 stereo RCA analog audio input (cable included)
- mono RCA line-level output for adding a powered subwoofer
- learns commands from your TV remote
- remote control also included
- aluminum cabinet provides strength, rigidity, and lower resonance for better sound
- 35-1/2"W x 5-3/4"H x 3-5/16"D
- weight: 9.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4004001
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 47" DC cord)
- 40" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6' Optical digital cable
- 6.5' Stereo RCA cable
- 58" Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- 2 Rubber feet
- Setup & Operation Guide
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Adjustment Options" booklet
- "Using Bluetooth" instructions
- Programming Remote instructions
ZVOX SoundBar SB400 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ZVOX SoundBar SB400
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||58-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||118|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||5-11/16H x 35-1/2W x 3-1/2D|
|Sound Bar Weight||9.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The ZVOX SB400 active soundbar speaker system adds great sound to your high-definition or ultra-HD flat-panel television. The SB400 uses three high-performance speakers, built-in powered subwoofer, an acoustically stable aluminum cabinet, and a 118-watt Class-D digital amplifier to create warm, natural sound, and surprisingly powerful bass. The ZVOX SB400 uses PhaseCue virtual surround to create three-dimensional home theater sound from one speaker, incorporates AccuVoice hearing aid technology to deliver incredibly clear voices, and offers Output Leveling to tame loud commercials. The ZVOX SB400 active soundbar speaker system provides optical digital and analog (RCA) inputs, built-in Bluetooth music streaming, and remote control.
Advanced Speaker Design: The ZVOX Soundbar SB400 speaker system incorporates high-quality full-range drivers, built-in subwoofer, a highly efficient Class-D amplifier, and digital signal processing for high-fidelity sound. And its all packed inside a slim, aluminum cabinet.
- 3 Full-Range Drivers (including dedicated center): The Soundbar SB400 features three high-performances full-range 2" drivers for crisp, detailed sound. One of the full-range drivers is a dedicated center speaker for excellent dialog and vocal reproduction.
- Subwoofer w/ MegaBass: The soundbar speaker is also equipped with one long-excursion 4" woofer for accurate bass & midbass response. The new ZVOX MegaBass feature uses digital processing to tailor sound and control the subwoofer to a degree never before achieved. The result is robust, accurate bass (down to 42 Hz) without an external subwoofer.
- Class-D Amplifier: The ZVOX SB400 employs a highly efficient 118W Class-D amplifier that includes digital signal processing (DSP) for superb frequency response. The result is a very warm, natural, smooth, and accurate sound.
- Aluminum Bass Reflex Cabinet: The SB400 features a stylish, slim cabinet constructed of anodized aluminum (not plastic). The metal design provides low-resonance audio characteristics, and allows the SB400 to produce room-filling sound. The cabinet is ported on one end for added efficiency and bigger bass response.
Note: If the built-in subwoofer is not enough bass for you, the SB400 also has a mono-subwoofer output so you can add a powered subwoofer for even bigger bass.
PhaseCue Virtual Surround Sound: The Soundbar SB400 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. PhaseCue, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, virtually surrounding the listener. You choose from 3 PhaseCue Virtual Surround Sound modes.
- Surround 1: Low virtual surround effect and strong vocals for enhanced vocal clarity.
- Surround 2: Moderate virtual surround effect and moderate vocals for most program material.
- Surround 3: Strong virtual surround effect and moderate vocals for movies.
Note: AccuVoice cannot be used in conjunction with a PhaseCure Virtual Surround Sound mode.
Audio Enhancements: The ZVOX Soundbar SB400 offers a variety of audio adjustments to enhance your listening experience.
- AccuVoice: The Soundbar SB400 includes the ZVOX AccuVoice feature, which uses hearing aid technology to create super-clear voice reproduction. When you push the "ACCU" button on the remote control you engage a circuit that mimics the functions of a hearing aid. The frequencies used by human voices are dynamically emphasized, while other frequencies are minimized.
- Output Leveling: The Soundbar SB400's Output Leveling feature automatically turns down loud commercials, while boosting audio levels from DVD and Blu-ray movies that are not loud enough. Simply press the "OL" button on the included remote and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
- Bass & Treble: The Soundbar SB400 has independent bass and treble controls. Each has a range from -4 to 4, and can be adjusted using the remote control only.
Note: AccuVoice and Output Leveling can be activated simultaneously.
Digital & Analog Inputs: The Soundbar SB400 has two optical digital inputs (toslink) and one analog stereo RCA audio input on the rear-panel. The digital inputs will support both 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1ch audio. The analog inputs only support 2ch PCM.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of many newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Bluetooth Wireless Audio + aptX: The ZVOX Soundbar SB400 supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the soundbar speaker system. The Soundbar SB400 even employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like Android OS 4.0+). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enable mobile device for music navigation and to view song/artist information.
Remote Control: The ZVOX Soundbar SB400 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the speaker system. The included wireless remote has controls for power, input select, mute, volume, PhaseCue II effect level, bass & treble level, and DE/OL functions. The Soundbar SB400 can also be programmed to respond to your TV or satellite/cable remote control. Once programmed, you can control volume, mute, input, and power with your TV or satellite/cable remote. There are also Power, Volume, and Input control buttons on one end of the soundbar speaker.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Hidden Display: The ZVOX Soundbar SB400 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble, and PhaseCue (virtual surround); plus shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or AccuVoice (ACCU) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or side-panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker can either be table-top or wall-mounted, and works well with TVs from 37" to 70". You can place the SB400 on any flat, stable surface near your TV. There are three general placement options to choose from (Face Front, Face Up, & Wall-Mount). The SB400 has a "Tonal Profile" adjustment to allow it to sound better based on its room placement.
- Face Front: You can place the SB400 on a flat surface so it faces forward. This placement is ideal for a shelf below, above, or near the television.
- Face Up: You can place the SB400 facing up; often in front of the television. Check to ensure the SB400 does not block the television infrared remote sensor. There should be no shelf or flat surface immediately above the SB400 in this configuration.
- Wall-Mount: The SB400 has two sturdy keyhole-shaped hanger mounts on the back-panel. You can hang the SB400 on two screw-heads (not included) that are securely installed in a wall or other vertical surface.
Auto On/Off: The ZVOX Soundbar SB400 will automatically turn on if it senses a volume adjustment or power command from your programmed remote control or the included remote control. The Soundbar SB400 will also automatically turn off if the selected input is silent for longer than approximately 30 minutes.
3 questions already asked