About the ZVOX SoundBase 570
Put dialogue front and center
Put dialogue front and center
Looking for a system that can provide thrilling impact when the on-screen action heats up? The ZVOX SoundBase 570 delivers on that score, thanks to its built-in array of five full-range drivers and subwoofer. But our customers and employees alike have also said great things about how ZVOX SoundBase systems make dialogue easier to understand — a crucial part of any TV show or movie. Hit the dedicated button on the included remote to engage AccuVoice® dialogue emphasis mode and keep up with the story.
The ZVOX SoundBase 570 supports TVs up to 60".
A simple concept that works
The ZVOX SoundBase sits right on top of whatever surface holds your TV, and your TV sits right on top of the SoundBase — simple, effective, and easy. The 570 works with most TVs that have 60" or smaller screens, weighing up to 110 pounds. Just like many other sound bar systems, the this one connects to your TV using a single cable (optical digital and analog RCA audio cables are included). The system's built-in 65-watt Class D amplifier puts out plenty of power to drive the built-in speakers to impressive volume levels. Bluetooth wireless streaming is new on this year's SoundBase models: pair your tablet or smartphone and enjoy rich, full sound with your favorite tunes.
- sound system doubles as a platform for flat-panel TVs up to 60"
- recommended for TVs with pedestals measuring 30"W x 14"D or smaller
- supports up to 110 lbs.
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- PhaseCue II virtual surround sound creates spacious effects
- AccuVoice® dialogue emphasis mode uses circuitry similar to a hearing aid to enhance vocal clarity
- Output Leveling mode helps tame loud commercials
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music wirelessly from your tablet or smartphone
- aptX® audio coding for better Bluetooth sound quality with compatible devices
- built-in 65-watt Class D amplifier
- five 2" full-range drivers
- 5-1/4" woofer
- frequency response 45-20,000 Hz
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 1 coaxial
- 2 stereo RCA analog audio inputs
- 1 front-panel minijack input for portable music players
- mono RCA output for adding an optional powered subwoofer
- learns commands from your TV remote
- remote control also included
- rigid MDF (medium density fiberboard) cabinet improves audio performance and is built sturdy
- 30-1/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 16"D
- weight: 19 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4005701
What's in the box:
- Soundbar speaker base
- 59" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6.5' Stereo RCA cable
- 58" Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- 6' Optical digital cable
- Setup/Operation Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Using Bluetooth" instructions
- "Adjustment Options" guide
- Remote Control Instructions
- "Alternative Adjustment Guide For Remote Control" booklet
- Warranty Sheet
ZVOX SoundBase 570 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the ZVOX SoundBase 570
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||PhaseCue II|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||1|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||2|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Midrange||2" Full-range (5)|
|System Frequency Response||45-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||65|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-1/2H x 30-1/16W x 16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||19 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
SoundBase 570: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 speaker system is designed to sit beneath your flat-panel TV so you can have surround sound without adding a lot of clutter to your room. It requires no additional speakers, subwoofer, or speaker wires. The SoundBase 570 reproduces TV shows, music, and movie soundtracks with lifelike accuracy, including crystal-clear vocals and big bass. The ZVOX SoundBase 570 is the perfect solution for people who want great sound from their flat-panel TV without the clutter and complexity of a conventional home theater system.
Note: You can place the ZVOX SoundBase 570 directly beneath most 37"-55" flat-panel TVs weighing up to 110 lbs with a pedestal base which does not exceed 26.625" in width or 13" in depth. The SoundBase 570 has a height of only 3.5". You can also place the SoundBase 570 on a shelf under most table-top or wall-mount flat-panel televisions.
Advanced Speaker Design: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 speaker system incorporates high-quality speakers, built-in sub, a highly efficient amplifier, and digital signal processing for high-fidelity sound. And its all packed inside one slim, compact enclosure.
- 5 Speaker Array w/ Built-in Subwoofer: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 speaker system includes five front-firing 2" full-range drivers and one down-firing 5.25" subwoofer. The 2" full-range drivers use a long-throw design to create a remarkably wide range, accurate sound. The 5.25" subwoofer uses a high-mass long-throw design and is coupled with a rear-firing port for deep, accurate bass.
- Class D Amplifier w/ DSP: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 employs a highly efficient 65W Class D amplifier that includes digital signal processing (DSP) for superb frequency response. The result is a very warm, natural, smooth, and accurate sound.
- MDF Cabinet: The 570 features a hand-built cabinet of heavy MDF. The speaker cabinet is robustly constructed using fully-braced MDF (medium density fiberboard), not molded plastic that is found any many lesser expensive soundbar speaker systems. MDF is the preferred construction material for high-performance speaker systems.
PhaseCue II Virtual Surround Sound: The SoundBase 570 uses ZVOX's proprietary PhaseCue II virtual surround processing to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. PhaseCue II, as its name implies, manipulates the phase of the separate channels to "fool the ear" into believing that sound is coming from a variety of sources throughout the room. The benefits of PhaseCue II vary greatly based on program material. Live music and well-recorded modern movie soundtracks will deliver rich, three-dimensional sound - pulling the sound out from the speakers and into the room, virtually surrounding the listener.
- Music: With music, PhaseCue II creates a very wide soundstage - it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other.
- Movies: When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelop you - putting you in the middle of the action.
- Levels: You can adjust the level of PhaseCue II virtual surround processing effect. You can select from Surround One (low effect), Surround Two (moderate effect), Surround Three (strong effect).
Note: AccuVoice cannot be used in conjunction with a PhaseCure Virtual Surround Sound mode.
Audio Enhancement: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 offers a variety of audio adjustment to enhance your listening experience.
- AccuVoice: The SoundBase 570 includes the ZVOX AccuVoice feature, which uses hearing aid technology to create super-clear voice reproduction. When you push the "ACCU" button on the remote control you engage a circuit that mimics the functions of a hearing aid. The frequencies used by human voices are dynamically emphasized, while other frequencies are minimized.
- Output Leveling: The SoundBase 570's Output Leveling feature automatically turns down loud commercials, while boosting audio levels from DVD and Blu-ray movies that are not loud enough. Simply press the "OL" button on the included remote and a sophisticated processor takes over, making soft sounds louder and loud sounds softer, so there are fewer jarring moments when switching channels or when commercials come on.
- Tone Control: The SoundBase 570 has independent bass and treble controls. Each has a range from -4 to 4, and can be adjusted using the remote control only.
Note: AccuVoice and Output Leveling can be activated simultaneously.
Wired & Wireless Connectivity: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 offers wired and wireless connectivity; including digital and analog inputs, Bluetooth audio streaming, and a subwoofer output.
- Digital & Analog Inputs: The SoundBase 570 has two optical (toslink) digital inputs and one coaxial digital input, plus two analog stereo RCA audio inputs on the rear-panel. Plus, there is a front panel analog stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for convenient connection of a portable audio device. The three digital inputs will support both 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1ch audio. The analog inputs only support 2ch PCM.
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio + aptX: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 supports Bluetooth A2DP which allows you to wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, laptop/computer, etc.. You'll be able to stream stored music or music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the SoundBase speaker system. The SoundBase 570 even employs AptX audio coding technology for lossless, CD-quality streaming with compatible AptX-compatible phones (like some Androids OS 4.0+). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Subwoofer Output: An optional powered subwoofer can be connected using the full-range mono-RCA Sub Output on the back panel for even bigger bass. There is no low-pass crossover built-in to the sub out, so you will need to set the low-pass crossover of your powered subwoofer accordingly.
Hidden Display: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 features a four-digit display located behind the speaker grille that shows the current setting for volume, bass, treble, and PhaseCue II (virtual surround); plus shows when you have engaged the Mute, Output Leveling (OL) or Dialog Emphasis (DE) features. A few seconds after you stop using your remote (or front panel) controls, the display disappears completely.
Remote Control: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 comes with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. The included wireless remote has controls for power, input select, mute, volume, PhaseCue II effect level, bass & treble level, and DE/OL functions. The SoundBase 570 can also be programmed to respond to your TV or satellite/cable remote control. Once programmed, you can control volume, mute, input, and power with your TV or satellite/cable remote.
Note: Many newer TVs are coming with RF remotes and don't offer IR functionality. In this case, you would not be able to program the soundbar and TV remote to work together.
Auto On/Off: The ZVOX SoundBase 570 will automatically turn on if it senses a volume adjustment or power command from your programmed remote control or the included remote control. The SoundBase 570 will also automatically turn off if the selected input is silent for longer than approximately 30 minutes.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked