About the Peachtree Audio DAC iTx
Want better sound from your digital music sources?
Want better sound from your digital music sources?
Tunes from the Internet, streaming audio, high-res downloads stored on your PC, even a favorite CD spinning in your disc player — these digital sources all have one thing in common: they depend on a digital-to-analog converter to turn them into music. And, no surprise, the better the converter the more natural, dynamic, and detailed the sound. That's why more and more music lovers are turning to high-quality outboard DACs like Peachtree Audio's DAC·iTx. This little silver box can take the place of the lo-fi sound card built into your computer, and the weak analog output section of a network audio player. Whether your music source is low bitrate Internet radio, or a 24-bit/192kHz high-res audio file, the DAC·iTx will turn all those digital zeros and ones into clear, detailed sound.
A DAC that tames jitter and noise
Peachtree Audio took great care to ensure your music sources aren't plagued by "jitter" — errors in the timing of the data stream that adversely affect sound quality. Jitter can make music sound harsh and edgy, and smear subtle details. To reduce jitter to the vanishing point, DAC·iTx uses a high-performance ESS Sabre ES9023 DAC that's designed to extract the best sound from all your digital audio sources, especially high-jitter sources like your computer. Peachtree also electrically isolated the USB connection and transformer-coupled the coaxial input to prevent performance-robbing noise from entering the signal path.
The DAC-iTx sports multiple inputs to handle your digital sources.
Versatile connections for your gear
The DAC·iT gives you three ways to connect your digital source components to your home audio system:
- coaxial digital input is ideal for connecting a CD or DVD player, network music player, Sonos® Connect, or any other digital audio component with coax out, letting you take advantage of DAC·iTx's high-performance processor for better sound.
- optical digital input is ready to take on a set-top box, Apple TV, game console, or other digital sources with optical digital output, so you can feed a high-quality audio signal into your stereo system.
- Type B USB jack passes digital audio signals from your computer to DAC·iTx's onboard digital-to-analog converter, bypassing your computer's sound card to yield much higher quality sound with stored music files and Internet radio. Plus, it accepts data up to 24-bit/192kHz for playing downloaded high-res music. (Free USB driver download required for Windows® PC playback.)
A pair of gold-plated RCA outputs lets you connect DAC·iTx to your home audio system via your amp or receiver. Or hook it up to a set of powered speakers for a high-end, compact desktop stereo. Peachtree even included a handy remote control for conveniently switching between inputs from the comfort of your easy chair.
- built-in ESS Sabre DAC (ES9023) digital-to-analog converter with jitter reduction
- 3 digital audio inputs optical, coaxial, and asynchronous USB (Type B)
- supported sample rates:
- USB: up to 24-bit/192kHz (24-bit/192kHz playback on a Windows PC requires a free USB driver download available from Peachtree Audio's website)
- optical: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- coaxial: up to 24-bit/192kHz
- 1 pair fixed RCA analog audio outputs
- transformer coupled inputs and galvanic USB isolation
- signal-to-noise ratio: 120 dB
- jitter level at master clock: less than 3 picoseconds
- all-metal chassis and housing
- remote control
- outboard power supply included
- 6-1/2"W x 2-1/2"H x 7-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DAC-iTx
What's in the box:
- Digital-to-analog converter
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 4 AC plug inserts (US/AU/EU/UK)
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Windows USB Driver CD-ROM
- Instruction Booklet
Peachtree Audio DAC iTx reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Peachtree Audio DAC iTx
Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx is an outboard D/A converter optimized for streaming music from your computer and other digital audio devices, so you can listen to your entire music library with audiophile-grade sound. Digital audio players, smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, and other streaming devices tend to present a rather harsh musical environment with a unique set of challenges; the Peachtree DAC-iTx is specifically designed for this type of environment and is optimized to handle these challenges. At the heart of the DAC-iTx is an advanced ESS Sabre 9023 DAC. The secret to the sonic performance of the DAC-iTx is the carefully-engineered implementation of this digital-to-analog converter, utilizing proprietary techniques and innovative circuit design.
Aluminum Construction: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx features an aluminum chassis & housing to prevent against any unwanted vibration that might lead to distortion. An integrated rubber platform further enhances its anti-resonance.
ESS Sabre 9023 DAC (24-bit/192kHz): The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx employs a high-resolution ESS 24-bit/192kHz Sabre 9023 DAC chip with a high-quality analog output section. This eliminates the need for expensive sound cards and effectively replaces the weak analog output section built into your computer or other digital audio streaming devices.
Extremely Low Jitter w/ High Signal-to-Noise Ratio: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx reclocks any digital signal to less than 3 p/s (picoseconds) for a detailed, accurate, and natural sound. Many computers have up to 10x the mistiming (jitter) of a CD player, causing harsh, distorted sound. The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx also provides a 120db signal-to-noise ratio for high-quality, audiophile sound.
Galvanized Isolation: Electrically connected sources like your computer's USB or your digital audio player's coax digital output can carry noise along with the digital signal. This noise masks fine detail in recordings and makes your music unfocused and hazy. The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx employs galvanic isolation to move this noise away from the digital signal, so you end up with clearer more detailed sound.
Asynchronous USB: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx features an asynchronous USB (type-B) input to connect your computer. Asynchronous technology (vs. adaptive/synchronous on the original DAC-iT) allows the digital clock inside DAC-iTx to control the flow of data coming from your computer. This method of communication leads to less jitter (timing errors) for the Sabre DAC to deal with which results in clearer more defined sound. The DAC-iTx's USB (type-B) input accepts data up to 192kHz/24-bit to handle high-resolution audio downloads.
Note: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx supports plug & play connection to your Mac computer with OSX 10.6.4 or newer. A Windows PC (XP/Vista/7/8) will require an additional USB audio driver download, using the included software disc or from the Peachtree Audio website.
Optical/Coaxial Digital Inputs: Streaming digital audio devices can be attached to the DAC-iTx via optical or coax, which are also transformer coupled to prevent superfluous (unwanted) noise from entering the signal path. The DAC-iTx's optical (toslink) and coaxial (RCA) inputs accept data up to 192kHz/24-bit to handle extremely high-resolution audio downloads (dependent upon source).
Analog Output (RCA): The DAC-iTx is equipped with a stereo RCA analog audio output (fixed) to connect to your home stereo system.
Remote Control: For added convenience, an IR remote control with discreet input selection is included.
Outboard Power Supply: The Peachtree Audio DAC-iTx operates off of standard household AC current using its outboard AC power supply. Separating the power supply from the DAC's chassis prevents unnecessary electrical noise from entering the system.
- Input: 100-240V ~ 50-60Hz, 0.4A
- Output: 9V-1A, 9W
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked