About the Peachtree Audio Decco
New-school digital clarity meets old-school tube warmth
Enjoy rich, satisfying sound with Peachtree Audio's unique, elegantly styled Decco. This hybrid integrated amplifier teams up a vacuum tube preamp stage with a high-current, solid-state power amplifier. The tube preamp lends smoothness and warmth to your music's high and mid-range frequencies, while solid-state amplification delivers tight, punchy bass you'll get the best of both sonic worlds.
Better sound with a wide variety of sources
The Decco serves up audiophile sound for your analog sources and digital music files alike. It features a high-quality digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with USB, optical, and coaxial digital inputs. The USB input lets you take digital audio directly off your computer's hard drive and play it back with fidelity that's far superior to what you get from the sound cards found on most PCs. The optical and coaxial inputs make it easy to connect your other digital sources such as a CD player, music server, or a music streamer like the Logitech® Squeezebox Duet. The Decco also makes an ideal companion to the Wadia 170iTransport for getting better sound from your iPod.
A built-in storage bay, headphone amp, and more
The Decco's internal storage bay lets you neatly stow a wireless digital audio device like the Sonos® ZonePlayer 90. Other features include an onboard headphone amp for enjoying private listening at work, or just kicking back to enjoy some late-night tunes at home. Stereo preamp outputs let you add an extra amp or a powered subwoofer.
- 50 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms at 0.01% THD
- 68 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms
- hybrid vacuum tube/solid-state design
- vacuum tube preamp stage (uses a single dual-triode input tube)
- high-current class A/B solid state power amp
- built-in 16-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with no oversampling or digital filter
- decodes MP3, AAC, WMA, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, PCM, and Apple lossless
- high-capacity toroidal power transformer
- digital audio inputs: 1 USB (Type B), 1 optical (Toslink), and 1 coaxial (S/PDIF)
- 2 pair RCA analog audio inputs
- 1 pair RCA audio preamp outputs for connecting a powered subwoofer or outboard power amplifier
- headphone output (full-size 1/4" jack)
- bass EQ switch with +6dB boost at 50Hz
- heavy-duty binding-post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- spare 6H23N vacuum tube included
- remote control
- weight: 22 lbs.
- 14-13/16"W x 4-13/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year on amp, 6 months on tube
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Decco (Black Gloss)
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel hybrid tube integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- IR wireless remote control with installed CR2025 Lithium 3V battery
- Replacement tube
- Owner's Manual
- Useful Tips
Peachtree Audio Decco reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Peachtree Audio Decco
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||Not given|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||---|
|Total Analog Inputs||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||1 Yr (6 month on tube)|
|Labor Warranty||1 Yr (6 month on tube)|
Overview: The Peachtree Audio Decco is an audiophile-grade 50 watt x two-channel hybrid tube integrated amplifier. This means your music travels through a tube pre-amp section which smoothes the sound significantly before it is then sent to a high-current amplifier section. The Decco has an onboard digital to analog converter that sonically improves digital sources. Your computer, Squeezebox, Apple TV, Wadia digital iTransport, Airport, Sonos, XM or Sirius tuners can sound better through the Decco's D/A converter. The Decco has a USB input for your computer, and coaxial and optical digital inputs for your digital audio devices. It also has two pairs of analog inputs for docking stations, CD players, tape decks, or phono preamps.
Two-Channel Amplifier With Tube Preamp Section: The Decco is equipped with a tube pre-amp section and a 50 watt x 2-channel, 8-ohm high current A/B amplifier. The amplifier is rated at 68 watts x 2-channel in 4-ohm.
High-Quality D/A Converter: The Decco includes a high-quality Scott Nixon D/A converter to accept the digital signal directly from your CD player, digital portable audio device, or computer. The signal is routed through a tube preamp, smoothing out harsh digital artifacts, then passed to the high current amplifier allowing you to enjoy your music as a true high-end audio source.
USB Connection: Using the Decco, you can take a pure digital audio signal from iTunes, Windows Media, Front Row, or any other music management system on your computer before it goes through a sound card. Just hook up a 2.0 USB cable between your computer and the Decco's USB type-B port; no sound card is required. The Decco can decode MP3, MP44, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, and Apple lossless codecs.
Controls: The Peachtree Audio Decco features the following controls. All controls, except the Bass EQ and Voltage Switch, are found on the front-panel of the Decco.
- On/Off/Standby: Once you turn on the Decco manually by pressing this button, it will go into standby mode when you turn it off with the remote. The Decco has a 15-20 second turn-on delay for protection. It operates both from the Off or the Standby positions.
- USB Selector: The USB Selector button selects the USB input of the Decco.
- Digital Coaxial and Optical Selectors: The Decco features an Optical Digital Button and a Coaxial Digital button to select between your external digital sources.
- Aux 1 and Aux 2 Selectors: The unit features and Aux 1 and Aux 2 button to select between your connected analog sources.
- Volume Control: The Decco features a rotary volume control. The volume control is motorized from your remote control and has a LED to allow the user to see levels from a distance. When the volume is muted, the LED will blink as an indicator.
- Bass EQ: The two-channel amplifier features a Bass EQ which boosts your systems bass +6dB at 50Hz. This feature helps small speakers sound much larger. This function should not be activated if the volume is already at a loud volume level. Turn the volume down, before turning on the Bass EQ.
- Voltage Switching: The Decco features a multi-voltage, switchable, toroidal power transformer. For international use, the Decco allows you to switch its voltage.
Remote Control: The Decco comes supplied with an IR remote control which is easy to use. The remote control offers the same functions as the Decco's front-panel controls, plus adds a mute button. The remote is powered by a single CR2025 Lithium 3V battery (already installed). The remote control IR sensor is located in the center of the Decco's front-panel.
Connections: The Peachtree Audio Decco features the following connections. All connections, except for the headphone output are found on the rear-panel of the Decco:
- Aux 1 and Aux 2: The Auxiliary 1 and Auxiliary 2 inputs each contain a pair of analog line-level RCA stereo inputs for connection to your CD player, Tape player, MD player, or portable digital music player.
- Digital Audio Inputs: The Decco is equipped with optical and coaxial digital inputs for connecting external digital audio sources such as a CD or DVD player.
- USB Input: The unit's USB type-B connection will take digital audio content from your computer and send it to the internal DAC of the Decco via I2S configuration. The LED next to the USB connection will remain lit when the signal from your computer is locked.
- Pre-Out: The stereo RCA preamp-outputs allow you to use an external amplifier with the Decco; they also provide connections for a powered subwoofer.
- Speaker Terminals: The unit's binding-post speaker terminals are clearly marked red-positive and black-negative for proper polarity connections. The amplifier's speaker terminals will accommodate dual banana plugs.
- AC Input: A three-prong detachable power cord is included with the Decco.
- Headphone Output: The Peachtree Audio Decco has a front-panel, 1/4" headphone input which mutes the speakers when headphones are plugged in.
Storage Bay With Terminal Window: The Decco features an internal storage bay so you can store a digital audio wireless device, such as the Sonos ZP80, inside the unit. The internal bay is accessed from the rear of the unit by removing four Phillips-head screws. The storage bay also features a terminal window which allows you to seal off your digital audio wireless device but still have access to its terminals. The terminal window can be detached from the storage bay door by removing two Phillips-head screws.
Tube Window: The Decco features a tube window which allows you to view the glow of the unit's tube.
Additional Tube: The Decco comes with an additional user-replaceable tube.