About the Peachtree Audio deepblue3
Bluetooth convenience with a hi-fi pedigree
Bluetooth convenience with a hi-fi pedigree
Peachtree Audio is best known and loved for their high-performance home audio components, like their impressive integrated amp lineup. But when this hi-fi audio company turns its attention to the Bluetooth speaker category, our customers always seem to respond with rave reviews. The deepblue3 is Peachtree's newest powered Bluetooth speaker, and its five built-in drivers and 440 watts of custom amplification yet again look like a recipe for audio happiness.
Go wireless, or plug in
Built-in Bluetooth lets you pair compatible phones, tablets, and computers for listening to music from streaming services, downloaded songs, and audio-related apps. You can pair up to five devices and toggle through them at the push of a button on the speaker's top panel. Optical digital audio and 3.5mm analog stereo inputs let you make wired connections, if that's more your speed.
The built-in carry handle is a nice touch, too. It means you can easily take the deepblue3 from room to room to enjoy it anywhere around the house. (Just remember, there's no built-in battery, so you do need to keep it plugged in to AC power while you listen.)
- one 6-1/2" woofer, two 3" midrange drivers, and two 1" soft dome tweeters
- 440-watt, 5-channel amplifier
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- built-in Bluetooth wireless streaming
- pair with up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- toggle through connected devices by pressing the "Bluetooth" button
- Toslink optical digital audio input (cable included)
- stereo 3.5mm minijack analog audio input (cables included)
- remote control
- built-in carry handle
- AC power required
- 14-1/4"W x 9-1/2"H x 8-3/4"D
- weight: 16 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DeepBlueIII
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth powered speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 6' Optical cable
- 42" Stereo minijack cable
- 6.5' Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Peachtree Audio deepblue3
3-Way Speaker Design: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue 3 features five custom designed drivers dedicated to bass, mids, and highs to form a true three-way speaker system. Two 1" soft-dome tweeters and two 3" inverted-dome aluminum midrange drivers are placed in their own housing, isolated from the incredible pressure generated by the 6.5" bass driver, so you can hear every note and every word of your favorite track. Massive magnets and large voice coils are used to provide control and to handle large amounts of power. Materials optimal to the task were specified at each step of the design process.
- Two 1" Tweeters: The two 1" tweeters are a soft-dome material with a smooth extended frequency response that sounds more natural than metal-dome tweeters. Large 0.75" voice-coils allow them to handle the amount of power needed for them to keep up with the output of the other drivers, so the highs don't get lost in the mix.
- Dual 3" Midrange Drivers: The two 3" midrange drivers use inverted aluminum cones which dissipate voice coil heat build-up allowing them to operate at their ideal temperature for detailed, accurate midrange and vocal performance.
- 6.5" Bass Driver: The 6.5" bass driver is a long excursion design. Due to its high output, a paper cone was selected for its high stiffness-to-mass ratio which prevents the cone from flexing and outperforms metal and other exotic materials in this respect. You hear not only full bass, but bass that is tight and accurate.
DSP Controlled Amplifier: The built-in 440W/5Ch amplifier delivers clean, rich, clear, and dynamic audio from a small speaker enclosure. The amplifier employs a proprietary Volume EQ & sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to squeeze out every last ounce of performance, giving the DeepBlue 3 fullness and clarity not found in a lot of other Bluetooth speakers of its size.
- Proprietary Volume EQ: The DeepBlue 3 utilizes proprietary Volume Equalization to track the incoming music signal for its continuous and peak signals to provide clear distortion-free sound at any volume. It automatically adjusts frequency response on the fly, so the DeepBlue 3 produces full rich sound even at its lowest volume.
- Sophisticated DSP: The sophisticated DSP (Digital Signal Processor) adjusts frequency response for full sound at low volume settings and will activate compressors to lower dangerous peak signals when the music is being played at loud volumes. This ensures great sound and reliable performance.
Bass Control: Out of the box, the DeepBlue 3's bass is set at a level that achieves the best balance of bass output for most situations. On the included remote, you'll find Bass (+) / Bass (-) buttons which allow you to adjust the DeepBlue 3's bass for your room. Once set, the DeepBlue 3 remembers your last setting so all you have to do is turn it on and press play.
Note: You will notice that bass output is greatly affected by walls and surfaces within close proximity to the DeepBlue 3, especially if you place it in a corner which can boost bass performance, but can also "muddy" it too.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in Bluetooth allows you to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, podcasts, and other audio content on your Bluetooth enabled source device (such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) the Peachtree Audio DeepBlue 3. The unit has a wireless range of approximately 33'. You can pair with up to 5 Bluetooth devices, but only one device can be connected at a time for playback. The DeepBlue 3 will attempt to re-connect with the last connected device when both units are powered on and within range of one another.
Note: The DeepBlue 3 does not offer playback control and does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for answering or making phone calls.
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the Peachtree Audio DeepBlue 3 offers both analog (3.5mm) and digital (toslink) wired inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue 3's optical (toslink) digital input supports 2ch PCM audio (up to 24-bit/96kHz) for high-resolution digital audio sound from your TV, Blu-ray player, or network player. Not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS.
- Analog Aux Input: The Audio DeepBlue 3 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input and comes with a stereo minijack cable to connect your non-Bluetooth audio devices with a headphone jack output. Even a traditional audio component, like a CD player can be connected with a simple RCA-to-mini adaptor (sold separately).
Simple Controls: Top-panel controls include Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, Source Selection, and Bluetooth Pairing. The included IR wireless remote control provides the same functionality, as well as Bass (+/-) and Mute.
Mounting Options: The Peachtree Audio DeepBlue 3 can simply be placed on a desk, stand, table, shelf, counter-top, or other flat-surface. It cannot be wall-mounted.
Integrated Carry Handle: An easy-to-grab recessed handle on the back-panel makes it easy to move the DeepBlue 3 throughout your home. However, it is not battery powered. It will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet. It is designed for indoor use only (not rated for outdoor use).
Detachable AC Power Cord: The 6.5' detachable AC power cord plugs into the back of the DeepBlue 3 speaker and into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked