About the Peachtree Audio deepblue2
Peachtree Audio reworked their award-winning deepblue Bluetooth speaker system, creating the extraordinary deepblue2. This system features a powerful 440-watt 5-channel amplifier, and an on-board digital processor, that work together to create a deep, spacious, finely-detailed soundstage. The acoustically sealed chambers ensure each speaker delivers its best without interference.
The deepblue2 features two high-performance 3” midrange drivers to cover the all-important vocal range. Two 1” soft-dome tweeters deliver highs without harshness, and a 6-1/2” down-firing subwoofer pumps out a startling amount of bass.
Bluetooth with aptX
Wirelessly stream from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, or other portable. The deepblue2 features aptX audio coding. This advanced type of Bluetooth wireless streaming retains virtually all the detail of the audio signal it carries. And the speaker is backwards-compatible with earlier forms of Bluetooth. So you can play your music wirelessly from almost any portable device and still enjoy outstanding sound.
You can pair up to five devices at a time to the deepblue2. And that five can be any combination of Android smartphone or tablets, Apple portables, Windows PCs or Macs. Once they're paired, you can quickly switch from one to the other just by toggling the deepblue2's BT button.
From our Peachtree Audio deepblue2 review:
For an apartment, large office, or vacation home, the deepblue2 may be the only sound system you'll need. For rich, detailed wireless sound in any setting, the deepblue2 may be the only sound system you'll want.
— Ralph Graves, Crutchfield A/V Writer and Editor
Beautiful sound from any source
A stereo minijack input lets you connect other audio sources to the deepblue2. If your turntable has a built-in phono preamp, you can play it through the deepblue2. Ditto with your home theater receiver, CD player, or game console.
There's also an optical digital input, with an included cable. So you can get great sound with your Apple TV®. Or connect your HDTV directly to the deepblue2 for incredible audio from TV shows, movies, and games.
Easy to move
Even though the deepblue2 isn't a portable system, its built-in handle makes it simple to move from room to room. So if you need big sound on the deck for your next party, deepblue2 can be there.
- high-fidelity Bluetooth aptX audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- range: 30 feet
- can pair with up to 5 devices
- one 6.5" subwoofer, two 3" midrange drivers, and two 1" soft dome tweeters
- built-in digital signal processor (DSP) creates a spacious, full soundfield
- 440-watt, 5-channel amplifier
- Toslink optical digital audio input (cable included)
- stereo minijack auxiliary input
- minijack-to-minijack cable included
- minijack-to-RCA cable included
- built-in carry handle
- AC power adapter
- 14-3/16"W x 9-1/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- weight: 16 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Deepblue II
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth powered speaker
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- CR2025 3V lithium battery
- 42" Stereo minijack audio cable
- 6.5' Stereo minijack-to-RCA cable
- 6.5' Optical cable
- Owner's Manual
Peachtree Audio deepblue2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Peachtree Audio deepblue2
Features & specs
|USB Port||Service only|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||1.0|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||3|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||6.5|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||Not given|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||440|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||96 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2:The Deepblue 2 from Peachtree Audio is a true, high-performance wireless speaker system designed to sound great in any size room, work with any Bluetooth equipped device, and be very easy to operate. The Deepblue 2 connects wirelessly via Bluetooth or by an optical or 3.5mm stereo cable from your smartphone, tablet, computer or traditional audio component. So regardless of where your music is stored, or what apps/programs you use to stream it from, you can easily enjoy it through Deepblue 2.
Bluetooth Technology: The Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 is a high performance Bluetooth (v2.1+EDR) music system which allows you to connect wirelessly to your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, computer/laptop, or other device. Bluetooth has a range of approximately 33' open air (distance will vary with walls and your device's capability).
- Simple Pairing: Bluetooth is a point A to point B connection. That means no router or proprietary network with complex setup is needed. You can pair your Bluetooth-enabled device in less than five minutes with the Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2. After the initial pairing, your device will auto-pair to the Deepblue 2 when you select its Bluetooth input. Up to 5 devices can be paired with the system, but only one device can be used at a time.
- Music Streaming + aptX: The Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 supports Bluetooth A2DP which means you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled device to the Deepblue 2 music system. aptX audio coding technology provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible smartphones; like many Android smartphones with OS 4.0+.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 music system.
3-Way Speaker Design: Getting rich and clear sound from such a compact speaker required five custom designed drivers dedicated to bass, midrange, and highs to form a true three-way speaker system. Two 3" midranges and two 1" silk dome tweeters are placed in their own housing, isolated from the 6.5" bass driver, so you can hear every note and every word of your favorite track. Massive magnets and large voice coils are used to provide control and to handle large amounts of power. Materials optimal to the task were specified at each step of the design process.
- Dual 1" Tweeters: The two 1" tweeters are a silk-dome material with a smooth extended frequency response that sounds more natural than metal-dome tweeters. Large 3/4" voice coils allow them to handle the amount of power needed for them to keep up with the output of the other drivers so the highs don't get lost.
- Dual Midrange Drivers: The two 3" midrange drivers don't need to move as much air as the system's 6.5" bass driver, but they still must act as a perfect piston, plus have wide sound dispersion. The midrange drivers use paper cones for maximum efficiency and natural sound reproduction.
- 6.5" Bass Driver: The 6.5" bass driver is a long excursion design with a large-roll surround. Due to its high output, a paper cone was selected for its high stiffness-to-mass ratio which prevents the cone from flexing and outperforms metal and other exotic materials in this respect. You hear not only full bass, but bass that is tight and accurate.
440W/5Ch Amplifier: The Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 music system has a powerful, built-in 440-watt x 5-channel amplifier which delivers clean power with sound quality, deep bass, and volume output of a much larger traditional HiFi system.
Acoustically Sealed Cabinet: The Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 utilizes an acoustically sealed cabinet for tight, accurate, and natural sound; the midrange & tweeters are sealed in there own separate chambers away from the bass woofer for greater sound reproduction. The Deepblue 2's front-panel is even angled for better sound dispersion. There is a handle smartly integrated into the back panel, making it easy to move the Deepblue 2 Bluetooth speaker from room to room.
Digital Signal Processing w/ Smart Volume: A sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) allowed Peachtree Audio to squeeze out every last ounce of performance, giving the Deepblue 2 fullness and clarity. The Deepblue 2 music system tracks the incoming music signal for its continuous and peak signals to provide clear distortion-free sound at any volume. The Digital Signal Processor adjusts frequency response for full sound at low volume settings and will activate compressors to lower dangerous peak signals when the music is being played at loud volumes to prevent clipping. This ensures great sound and reliable performance.
Bass Control: Out of the box, the Deepblue 2's bass is set at a level that achieves the best balance of bass output for most situations. You will find that bass output is greatly affected by walls and surfaces within close proximity to the Deepblue 2 music system, especially if you place it in a corner which will boost bass. On the included remote, you'll find Bass +/- buttons which allow you to adjust Deepblue 2's bass for your room. Once set, Deepblue 2 remembers your last setting so all you have to do is turn it on and press play.
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to Bluetooth wireless connectivity, the Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 offers both analog (3.5mm) and digital (toslink) wired inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: The Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2's optical (toslink) digital input provides up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution for high-resolution digital audio sound from your TV, Blu-ray player, or network player.
- Analog Aux Input: The Audio Deepblue 2 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input and comes with a stereo minijack cable to connect your non-Bluetooth audio devices with a headphone jack output. Even a traditional audio component, like a CD player can be connected with a simple RCA-to-mini adaptor (sold separately).
IR Remote: The included IR remote control allows you to operate Power, Source, Volume, and Bass functions of the Deepblue 2 music system. The Deepblue 2 has auto-dimming LEDs which display volume and bass levels, and provide visual feedback when using the remote control.
AC Power: The Peachtree Audio Deepblue 2 operates off of standard household current (100-240V~50/60Hz) using the supplied 6' AC power cord. To save power, the unit will automatically go into standby mode when the speaker system is idle for approximately 12 hours.
5 questions already asked