About the Energy Connoisseur CB-10
Energy's CB-10s deliver surprising impact for mid-sized bookshelf speakers. Whether you use them for a stereo music setup or as front or surround speakers in a home theater system, you'll be impressed by their power and accuracy. Each speaker contains a rigid woofer with a ribbed elliptical surround. This design reduces audible distortion by allowing greater movement of the woofer cone. An aluminum dome tweeter dishes out clear high frequencies that help you pinpoint sounds in the space around you. Energy mounts the woofer and tweeter as close together as possible, which helps the speakers produce even, consistent sound over a wide area. That means everyone on your couch can enjoy the detail and clarity not just the person in the middle.
The CB-10s can fit virtually anywhere on the wall, on a shelf, or on optional stands. The black ash finish and "floating" grilles add a cool touch that makes them an even bigger value. And since they're voice matched with the entire Connoisseur speaker family, you can create an all-Energy surround speaker system that meets your needs.
- Convergent Source Module (CSM) mounts the drivers close together for wider sound dispersion
- magnetically shielded for safe placement next to tube TVs
- bass-reflex (ported) design
- frequency response 66-20,000 Hz(±3dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- sensitivity 90 dB
- handles up to 125 watts
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- 5-1/2" woofer with ribbed elliptical surround
- 5-way binding posts
- black ash finish
- includes rubber bumpers for shelf placement
- threaded insert for wall-mounting with optional bracket
- 7-1/8"W x 11-3/4"H x 9"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1009473
What's in the box:
- 2 Black bookshelf speakers
- 2 Black cloth grilles
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
Energy Connoisseur CB-10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Energy Connoisseur CB-10
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.5|
|Woofer Surround||Ribbed elliptical rubber|
|Frequency Response||66-20k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||27|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Two-Way Speaker: The Energy Connoisseur-series CB-10 is a pair of bookshelf speakers with a 5.5" poly cone woofer with a Ribbed Elliptical Surround, and a 1" hyperbolic aluminum dome tweeter.
Energy Sound Principles: All Energy brand loudspeakers are developed with three sound principles in mind:
- Flat On-Axis Frequency Response With Wide Bandwidth: Speakers should reproduce the entire audio range in a uniform manner. By ensuring that no one frequency dominates any other, the Energy ensures that every note is the way it was intended to be, and the sound is as natural as possible.
- Wide and Constant Dispersion: The speaker should provide an even pattern sound at all its frequencies in all directions throughout the room.
- Low Distortion Resonance: No speaker system is distortion- or resonance-free, but Energy speakers have achieved a significantly lower distortion level, a clearly audible improvement.
Convergent Source Module: The Convergent Source Module (CSM) technology is the heart of the CB-10 speaker. The tweeter and woofer are placed in close proximity and act as a single source to provide wide dispersion, low distortion, and amazing performance.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Energy Connoisseur-series CB-10 has a rear-vented bass reflex enclosure, with a high gloss black baffle and a vinyl black ash cabinet.
Speaker Terminals: The CB-10 is equipped with gold-plated 5-way binding post terminals for connecting the speaker wire. The terminals will accept bare wire, spade lugs, pin connectors, and single or dual banana plugs.
Amplifier Requirements: The Energy Connoisseur-series CB-10 is designed to operate on a wide range of A/V receivers or amplifiers with a power rating of 20 to 125 watts continuous per channel. The recommended bass management setting for the speaker is "small."
Speaker Placement: A set of 4 self-adhesive rubber feet are included for each speaker, allowing you to place the speaker on a shelf or tabletop. A single 1/4"-20 threaded insert is provided for third party wall mount brackets or stands.