About the Energy Connoisseur CF-50
Whether you're looking to rock out to your favorite music or become immersed in a movie or video game, the CF-50 floor-standing speaker can deliver the kind of sonic energy that'll make your experience memorable. Use a pair for a stereo music setup or as front speakers in a home theater system. Either way, you'll be impressed by the power and clarity this speaker adds to your listening.
Energy audio engineering delivers room-filling sound
The three 5-1/2" woofers feature ribbed elliptical surrounds, a design which reduces audible distortion by allowing greater movement of the woofer cones. An aluminum dome tweeter dishes out clear high frequencies that help you pinpoint sounds in the space around you. Energy mounts the top woofer and tweeter as close together as possible, for more even, consistent sound over a wide area. A front-firing port reinforces lower bass output for performance you can hear and feel. It all adds up to big, accurate sound that everyone in the whole room will enjoy.
Looks as good as it sounds
The CF-50's black ash finish and "floating" grille are cool touches that reflect Energy's attention to detail. Take the grille off to enjoy the stylish piano black baffle or leave the grille on for a more discreet look it'll sound great either way. And since this speaker is voice matched with the entire Connoisseur family, you can create an all-Energy speaker system tailored to your room and listening preferences.
- Convergent Source Module (CSM) mounts the drivers close together for wider sound dispersion
- magnetically shielded for safe placement next to tube TVs
- bass-reflex (ported) design
- frequency response 39-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- 8-ohm impedance
- sensitivity 96 dB
- handles up to 250 watts
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- three 5-1/2" woofers with ribbed elliptical surrounds
- dual 5-way binding posts
- black ash finish
- 7-1/8"W x 38-13/16"H x 15"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1009476
What's in the box:
- 1 Black floor-standing speaker
- Black cloth grille
- Owner's manual
Energy Connoisseur CF-50 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Energy Connoisseur CF-50
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.5|
|Woofer Surround||Ribbed elliptical rubber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers|
|Connector Type||5-way posts|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||39-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Two-way Speaker: The Energy Connoisseur-series CF-50 is a single floor-standing speaker with three 5.5" poly cone woofers, each with a Ribbed Elliptical Surround, and a 1" hyperbolic aluminum dome tweeter.
Energy Sound Principles: All Energy brand loudspeakers are developed with three sound principles in mind:
- Flat On-Axis Frequency Response With Wide Bandwidth: Speakers should reproduce the entire audio range in a uniform manner. By ensuring that no one frequency dominates any other, the Energy ensures that every note is the way it was intended to be, and the sound is as natural as possible.
- Wide and Constant Dispersion: The speaker should provide an even pattern sound at all its frequencies in all directions throughout the room.
- Low Distortion Resonance: No speaker system is distortion- or resonance-free, but Energy speakers have achieved a significantly lower distortion level, a clearly audible improvement.
Convergent Source Module: The Convergent Source Module (CSM) technology is the heart of the CF-50 speaker. The tweeter and one woofer are placed in close proximity and act as a single source to provide wide dispersion, low distortion, and amazing performance.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Energy Connoisseur-series CF-50 has a front-vented bass reflex enclosure, with a high gloss black baffle and a vinyl black ash cabinet.
Speaker Terminals: The CF-50 is equipped with dual gold-plated 5-way binding post terminals for connecting the speaker wire. The terminals will accept bare wire, spade lugs, pin connectors, and single or dual banana plugs. The terminals are coupled together with a gold-plated metal strip. If you choose to "bi-wire" or "bi-amp" the speakers, the strips can be removed and you can separately wire the low and high drivers.
Amplifier Requirements: The Energy Connoisseur-series CF-50 is designed to operate on a wide range of A/V receivers or amplifiers with a power rating of 20 to 250 watts continuous per channel. The recommended bass management setting for the speaker is "large."