About the Energy V-SW10
Powerful, nuanced bass you can really feel
The V-SW10 creates muscular, musical bass you can hear and feel no matter which seat you choose. It pumps out 300 watts of deep bass, adding immediacy to your favorite music and movies. Plus, this sub complements Energy's entire Veritas family of speakers and adds impact to any high-end home theater system.
Precise driver design
The V-SW10 delivers deep, clean bass thanks to its 10" woven composite fiberglass woofer. The woofer cone's ribbed elliptical surround increases efficiency and fights distortion for exceptionally accurate response. Dual rear-firing ports reinforce lower bass output, and help this sub build excitement that will have you on the edge of your seat. Easily accessible controls on the back of the cabinet make it a cinch to add as little or as much bass as you like, and to seamlessly blend the sub in with the rest of your system.
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- 300-watt RMS amplifier (1200 watts peak)
- 10" front-firing woven composite fiberglass woofer with ribbed elliptical surround
- frequency response 23-120 Hz (±3dB)
- continuously variable 40-120 Hz crossover
- auto on/off mode
- line-level/LFE and speaker-level inputs
- piano black finish
- 14-9/16"W x 16-5/8"H x 19"D
- weight: 40 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1012120
What's in the box:
- Piano Black powered subwoofer with black cloth grille installed
- 8' AC power cord (with IEC 2-prong connector)
- Owner's Manual
Energy V-SW10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Energy V-SW10
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||300|
|Frequency Response||23-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Energy Veritas-series V-SW10 is a powered subwoofer, featuring a front-firing 10" woven composite Fiberglas cone woofer with a Ribbed Elliptical Surround. The woofer is driven by a 300-watt RMS (1200 watts dynamic) amplifier. The V-SW10 has dual rear-firing ports, and an attractive, high gloss piano black finish and a removable black cloth grille.
Cabinet Finish: The Energy Veritas speakers feature high quality, real wood veneer cabinets, coated with multiple layers of high quality piano paint. Each layer is sanded before the next one is added. Each cabinet is hand-polished, and fully inspected for imperfections.
Energy Sound Principles: All Energy brand loudspeakers are developed with three sound principles in mind:
- Flat On-Axis Frequency Response With Wide Bandwidth: Speakers should reproduce the entire audio range in a uniform manner. By ensuring that no one frequency dominates any other, the Energy ensures that every note is the way it was intended to be, and the sound is as natural as possible.
- Wide and Constant Dispersion: The speaker should provide an even pattern sound at all its frequencies in all directions throughout the room.
- Low Distortion Resonance: No speaker system is distortion- or resonance-free, but Energy speakers have achieved a significantly lower distortion level, a clearly audible improvement.
Volume Control: The rotary knob can be adjusted to control the level of output from the subwoofer. The level chosen should allow the subwoofer to blend with the other speakers in the system.
Variable Low-Pass Filter: The Energy Veritas-series V-SW10 is equipped with a continuously-variable 40Hz-120Hz low-pass filter to allow optimum blending with your other speakers. This will determine the highest frequency the subwoofer can reproduce.
Phase Control: The phase switch allows for the adjustment of the phase of the subwoofer in relation to the speakers used in the system, either 0 or 180 degrees.
Auto Power Mode: The subwoofer features a 3-way power mode switch: Off, On, and Auto. When switched to On, the subwoofer's power is on continually. When switched to Auto, the subwoofer turns on automatically when a signal is detected on the audio input. When no signal is detected, the sub's amp will automatically turn off after a few minutes. In the Off position, the subwoofer will not power up. A blue LED on the front panel will glow when the subwoofer is active.
Inputs: The V-SW10 can be connected by the following methods:
- Line In/Sub In: A single RCA jack is provided for an LFE or mono line-level input.
- Speaker Level In: Two pairs of nickel-plated 5-way binding post terminals (for left and right channel) are provided for connecting the sub with speaker wire. The terminals will accept bare wire, spade lugs, pin connectors, and single or dual banana plugs. The plastic inserts must first be removed from the terminals before using banana plugs.
Power Cord: The subwoofer has a removable power cord with an IEC 2-pronged connector. This allows you to use a third-party IEC-type power cord, if desired.