- compatible with Definitive Technology DI 5.5BPS in-wall speakers
- includes two brackets
- arms are adjustable to allow for unusual stud or joist locations
- can be attached with nails, dry-wall screws, or construction staples (not included)
- requires 6-7/8"W x 12-3/4"H drywall cutout
- 14-7/16"W x 33-3/16"H
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RBAH
What's in the box:
- 2 Metal in-wall mounting brackets
- 4 Metal mesh arms
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Definitive Technology DI 5.5BPS Rough-in Brackets
Overview: When planning speaker installations in new construction many installers find it useful to install rough-in brackets onto wall studs or ceiling joists so that the sheetrock contractor knows precisely where to cut the appropriate size holes. The DI Series rough-in brackets were custom designed from the ground up to be easy to install. The "arms" are metal mesh and can easily be attached to wood or metal studs using nails, dry-wall screws, or construction staples. The arms easily detach and can be positioned at various points around the bracket to accommodate unusual stud/joist locations. The mounting bracket is heavy gauge steel that will not bend or break with rough handling and sloppy drywall cutting by subcontractors. The convenient wire tie loop is scored to allow easy snap off once the speaker is installed.
Compatibility: The DI 5.5BPS rough in bracket is compatible with Definitive Technology's 5.5" Disappearing In-Wall Loudspeaker (DI 5.5BPS).
Note: DI Rough-in Brackets are packaged two to a carton (2 mounting brackets and 4 mounting arms). Mounting screws not supplied.
Metal Brackets: The mounting brackets are fabricated from heavy duty painted stamped steel. There are no sharp metal edges to cut an installer's hands and they are ultra rigid, so that when drywall is laid over and cut the brackets will not bend or break. The mounting bracket requires a 6.9375" (W) x 12.6875" (H) rectangular cutout.
Mounting Arms: The metal mesh mounting arms snap onto the metal bracket in a variety of positions to cover almost any installation. The wings can be attached with nails, staples or screws; and can be bent and easily trimmed with tin snips. They are also thin enough to make stud notching simple. The wire tie loop easily breaks away when the speaker is installed.
- Mounting Brackets: Width = 8.6875", Height = 14.4375", Depth = 0.8125"
- Mounting Arms: Width = 12.4375", Height = 1.9375", Depth = 0.5625"
- Overall Dimension: Width = 33.1875", Height = 14.4375", Depth = 0.8125"
- Cutout: Width = 6.9375", Height = 12.6875", Depth = 0.4375"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?