About the Definitive Technology SubAmp 600
Power and control for your in-wall subs
Power and control for your in-wall subs
Definitive Technology's SubAmp 600 was custom-built with their IWSub 10/10 and IW Sub Reference in mind. It provides the optimal amount of power needed to effortlessly drive these passive in-wall subwoofers. It can drive one sub or a pair. If you're rocking a pair, they can be in the same room or in two different zones. A solo sub is powered with 275 watts, while a pair will get 230 watts per channel.
This amplifier's slim chassis slides into a rack or onto a shelf with ease. You can fine-tune your system with convenient front-panel knobs for output level, low-pass filter, and phase control.
- designed to complement the Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 and IW Sub Reference in-wall passive subwoofers
- 275 watts mono, 230 watts per channel when driving two subwoofers
- shelf or rack mount design
- front-panel volume control
- front-panel variable 40-150 Hz low-pass crossover
- continuously variable, front-panel phase control (0-180°)
- binding post speaker-level inputs and outputs
- stereo RCA line-level inputs
- unfiltered LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- signal-sensing auto on/off mode
- rack ears included
- black anodized aluminum face plate
- detachable AC power cord
- 17-1/16"W x 3-11/16"H x 9-5/8"D (without bracket, with feet); 19-1/16"W x 3-7/16"H x 9-5/8"D (with bracket, without feet)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UCYC
What's in the box:
- In-wall subwoofer amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Screws
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Definitive Technology SubAmp 600
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||1|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||275|
|Bridged Power per Channel||0 watts|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||3|
|Input Type||RCA, Speaker-Level|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 2-prong|
|Speaker Connectors||5-Way Post|
Compatibility: The Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 is a high-powered amplifier and electronic crossover specifically engineered for use with the Definitive's IWSub 10/10 and IWSub References in-wall subwoofers (sold separately).
Subwoofer Amplifier: The Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 features two discrete high power amplifiers which provides optimal power for effortlessly driving one (275W) or two IWSubs (230W per channel), in the same room or in different zones.
Front-Panel Controls: The SubAmp 600 provides Volume, Low-Pass Crossover (40-150Hz/12db per octave), and Phase (0-180°) adjustments through convenient front-panel controls.
Low-Level & High-Level Connectivity: The Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 has a complete range of inputs and outputs to allow easy and effective hookup to your home receiver and Definitive's in-wall subwoofer (sold separately).
- LFE/RCA Input: The Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 has a low-level direct LFE input which connects to your home receiver's LFE output; this type of connection bypasses the subwoofer amp's crossover network. If you are connecting the subwoofer to an AV receiver without a dedicated subwoofer/LFE preamp output, but does features a stereo RCA output, you can use the amplifier's stereo RCA inputs; this type of connection uses the amp's crossover network.
- High-Level Inputs/Outputs: The speaker-level inputs (binding posts) are designed to be used on a home AV receiver that does not incorporate any RCA type subwoofer outputs. The SubAmp 600 also features speaker-level outputs (binding posts) to connect your front/main speakers. This type of connection uses the subwoofer amplifier's internal crossover network.
- Subwoofer Output: The SubAmp 600 is fitted with two pair of subwoofer output binding post terminals to connect to one or two Definitive Technology in-wall subwoofers (sold separately).
Note: 5-way binding post terminals are used for the high-level inputs/outputs and subwoofer outputs. These speaker terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), spade-connectors, pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
12V Trigger Input: Connect your AV receiver's 12-volt trigger output to the SubAmp 600's 12-volt trigger input to enable the SubAmp 600 to switch ON when you power up your home receiver.
Mounting Options: The SubAmp 600 fits easily on a shelf or in an audio equipment rack. It features side mounting brackets for use in professional audio racks. When installing the SubAmp 600 in either professional audio racks or in AV rack furniture, be sure to leave adequate ventilation space around the SubAmp 600 amplifier.