- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 1" aluminum dome tweeter
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- 8" mineral-filled polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 27-30,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 15-100 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic grille provide seamless integration into your décor
- speaker cutout diameter: 8-3/4"
- overall diameter: 9-3/4"
- mounting depth: 3-13/16"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UGDD
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Mounting template
- Carboard paint shield
- Owner's Guide
- Online Product Registration Information
- Important Installation Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Definitive Technology DT8R
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-100|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
DT Custom Install Series: The DT Custom Install Series by Definitive Technology is purpose-built for multiroom and home theater applications where great performance, minimized visibility and ease of installation elevates the experience. The DT Custom Install Series offers exceptional sonic performance from speakers that seemingly disappear into a wall or ceiling. Definitive Technology speakers are designed to immerse you in sound. Every element is optimized for superior quality, and each part is developed from scratch for audio that delivers and products that endure.
1" Annealed Aluminum Dome Tweeter: The 1" ceramic-coated annealed aluminum dome tweeter is lightweight, yet rigid and has been acoustically optimized to reveal even the most delicate detail in recordings. The tweeter has a low-diffraction swivel mount that helps improve dispersion, as well as overall midrange and off-axis response. The aimable tweeter allows you to focus the sound toward or away from your listening area, depending on the application.
- When using DT Series speakers as fronts in a home theater setup or as stereo speakers in a distributed audio system, aim the tweeter toward the main listening position.
- As rear or surround speakers, aim the tweeter toward the nearest reflecting surface (an adjacent wall or ceiling) for a more diffuse soundfield; for more direct sound, aim the tweeters at your listening position.
8" Composite Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Woofer: The exclusive 8" composite mineral-filled polypropylene driver cone with rubber surround produces a clear and natural sound, as well a provides durability and longevity.
High Definition Crossover Network: The high definition crossover network utilizes mylar capacitors that deliver a smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer for purest high and midrange frequencies.
Low-Profile Magnetic Grille: The DT Custom Install Series in-ceiling loudspeaker includes a low-profile grille with a slim bezel that uses neodymium magnetics for fast and tight attachment. The grille can be custom painted to match your decor. The grille measures 9.75" in diameter and only protrudes 0.1875" from the mounting surface.
Spring-Post Terminals: The DT Custom Install Series in-ceiling speaker is outfitted with spring-post terminals to connect bare wire (18AWG-12AWG), pin-connectors, or banana plugs (single only).
In-Ceiling Installation: The DT8R mounts in a ceiling (1/2" drywall is recommended) and requires a round 8.75" cutout and a mounting depth of 3.875". The speaker is secured to the ceiling using the four integrated mounting clamps (make sure to not over-tighten the mounting clamp screws). The cutout should be at least 2" from adjoining walls or ceiling, internal studs or plumbing to prevent interference with the mounting clamps. It is recommended to place the speaker at least 2" from side walls for optimal sound dispersion.
1 question already asked