About the Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10
Get thrilling bass, save space
Get thrilling bass, save space
If you want a solid home theater system, you definitely need a powerful subwoofer. These can end up getting pretty big. The Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 is a space-saving solution delivers deep, impactful bass. This in-wall sub has a 10" long-throw woofer paired with a 10" passive radiator, giving it a ton of surface area for its size, but with greater control and accuracy than a single-woofer sub.
The IWSub 10/10's enclosure is non-resonant to prevent unwanted vibrations so you can feel the onscreen action without knocking all of the family photos off your wall.
Match with the SubAmp 600
The IWSub 10/10 is a passive model, which means it needs external amplification. Definitive Technology designed the SubAmp 600 subwoofer amplifier (sold separately) to perfectly match this sub. Using them together guarantees you're getting just the right amount of power for optimal performance.
This amp goes on a shelf or equipment rack, along with your receiver and other A/V gear. If you have a large room, or want more evenly distributed bass, install two IWSub 10/10s and drive them both from a single SubAmp 600. The amp delivers 230 watts to each sub.
Important note: To take advantage of the IWSub 10/10's 5-year warranty, it should only be paired with the SubAmp 600.
- passive in-wall subwoofer for an in-wall music or home theater system
- designed for use with Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 Subwoofer Amplifier (sold separately, required for operation)
- 10" active, long-throw woofer
- 10" passive bass radiator
- non-resonant, sealed Medite® MDF enclosure
- frequency response: 16-200 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- mounting hardware and anti-rattle gasket material included
- paintable bezel and grille
- cutout: 14-3/8"W x 19-7/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-13/16"
- weight: 23 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UCYA
What's in the box:
Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 owner's manual
- In-wall subwoofer
- Grille (attached)
- 7 Self-adhesive foam gaskets
- 6 Screws
- Paint mask
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Not given|
|Woofer Surround||Not given|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 275|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Compatibility: The Definitive Technology IWSub 10/10 must be used with the companion outboard Definitive Technology SubAmp 600 amplifier (sold separately) that provides 600 Watts of digital power along with sophisticated crossover functions
In-Wall Sub: The IWSub 10/10 is a completely self enclosed in-wall subwoofer for use in whole house distributed music or stealth home theater installations. It has a non-resonant sealed medite (a dense wood product) enclosure and a paintable bezel and grille. It includes a special shallow-depth, long excursion 10" driver pressure-coupled to a 10" ultra-low bass radiator for deep, tight, high impact bass. Combined, these features result in tight musical excellence.
Spring-Post Terminals: The IWSub 10/10 in-wall subwoofer is fitted with a pair of spring-post speaker terminals which will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (dual or single).
Installation: The IWSub 10/10 installation is straightforward and easy in both newly constructed and existing walls. It requires a rectangular cut-out of 14.375" (w) x 19.875" (h) x 3.8125" (d) Tools required.
- Pencil for marking and leveling the location of installation.
- Keyhole saw or utility knife for cutting drywall.
- Level for leveling in-wall subwoofer.
- Screwdriver, preferably powered, with Phillips head bit.
- Power drill with appropriate bit (optional, for starting wall cut).
- Included template & foam gaskets.