About the Definitive Technology Studio 3D Mini
Compact design, big sound
Compact design, big sound
The innovators at Definitive Technology believe that you can have your cake and eat it too: a sound bar can be packed with lots of great features and small enough to blend into your room and keep a low profile.
The Studio 3D Mini fits comfortably under almost any modern flat-panel TV, and its sleek, minimalist design means it practically fades into the background. At the same time, it delivers a deep, wide and dynamic sound that pulls you into the on-screen action.
The Studio 3D Mini brings surprisingly powerful sound for its size and is backed up by an 8" sub.
Virtual surround sound
This 4.1 sound bar system is compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks, and it simulates 3D surround sound using psychoacoustics. That's a fancy way of saying that the bar's advanced processing tricks your brain into thinking sound is coming from positions in your room where there aren't any speakers. This virtual approach creates the experience of height and rear sound effects. It's surround sound without installing speakers and running wire around your room. Seems crazy, but it's legit.
Connected with HEOS
The Studio 3D Mini has HEOS Built-in, allowing it to tie into a wireless multi-room audio ecosystem. If you have other HEOS-compatible speakers and components, you can connect them together via Wi-Fi and control music all around your house with an app on your phone. Play the same song everywhere at once, or different music in each room. The kids can listen to "Seagulls (Stop it Now)" in the living room while you jam to "Battle of Evermore" in the kitchen cooking dinner at the same time.
HEOS supports a ton of streaming services, all available through the app. It can even access songs you've collected on computers or networked hard drives. If that includes a stash of sweet hi-res music files, you're in luck. HEOS supports playback of files up to 24-bit/192kHz (5.6 MHz for DSD files).
More music options
You can stream audio from your phone straight to the sound bar via Bluetooth. Apple fans are in good hands with AirPlay 2 supported, which lets you stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and connect the sound bar to the AirPlay ecosystem. If you've got a thumb drive with music stashed on it, including high-res files, you plug it into the USB input on the back of the bar.
Stay in control
The Studio 3D Mini is compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri (separate voice control assistant required). This lets you control the volume, skip tracks, and pause or unpause what's playing, with just the sound of your voice.
If you prefer a good old-fashioned remote, this system has you covered. If the remote and your phone surreptitiously find themselves lost in the cushions of your couch, never fear — there are controls on top of the sound bar itself too.
- powered 4.1-channel sound bar system delivers dynamic sound with a deep soundstage
- supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for virtual surround sound and compelling 3D audio
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music directly from your phone
- support for Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iOS® device
- compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri
- voice control requires connection to an external assistant
- compatible with Control4, Creston, Elan, URC, and other home automation systems
- built-in HEOS provides multi-room wireless audio compatibility with other HEOS components
- play the same (or different) music in multiple zones throughout your home
- easy set up using the HEOS mobile app
- supports music streaming from Spotify®, Amazon Music HD, Pandora®, SiriusXM, Napster, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Deezer, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn (subscription required for some services)
- supports playback of networked files up to 24-bit/192kHz and DSD files up to 5.6 MHz
- Roon-ready: which lets you browse, explore, and play music from a unified library of your content (subscription required)
- slim, compact design
- 6 built-in drivers:
- two 1"x3" racetrack-shaped front-firing midrange drivers
- two 1"x3" racetrack-shaped side-firing midrange drivers
- two 1" aluminum dome tweeters
- 26-1/2"W x 2"H x 4-1/2"D
- includes 8" long-throw wireless powered subwoofer
- 12-1/2"W x 14-15/16"H x 12-1/2"D
- weight: 20.06 lbs.
Connections, accessories, and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output (cable included)
- supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- pass-through for 4K, Dolby Vision, and HDR10
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 3.5mm minijack input
- USB input for hi-res music playback from a thumb drive
- Ethernet port for a wired internet connection
- includes remote control with batteries
- recognizes the IR codes used by several major TV manufacturers (e.g. Sony, LG, Samsung), allowing you to control the sound bar with your TV remote
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STUDIO3DMINI
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Definitive Technology Studio 3D Mini
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||---|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||---|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||---|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||---|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||---|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|