About the Kodak Luma 400
A smart pocket projector
A smart pocket projector
Want to watch your favorite movies and shows from wherever your travels take you? Kodak's ultra-compact Luma 400 produces sharp images as large as 150". And it has Wi-Fi and a built-in Android™ operating system so you can enjoy content from apps like Netflix®, Hulu, and more on the big screen. An HDMI input lets you connect sources like a Blu-ray player, laptop, or streaming stick.
The Luma 400 makes it easy to share photos and videos with a group, too. You can use the USB input to display pictures saved on a thumb drive or simply mirror content to the big screen wirelessly from your phone.
The built-in rechargeable battery means you can project almost anywhere for up to 3 hours. Or, you can run it longer by connecting an external power pack (sold separately) to the USB-C port. The projector's built-in speaker delivers modest sound, and there's a minijack audio output to connect to headphones or a pair of powered speakers.
- DLP projection technology (1280 x 720 pixels)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- supports HDR10
- maximum image size: 150"
- light output: 200 ANSI lumens
- 3500:1 contrast ratio
- LED RGB lamp (lasts up to 30,000 hours)
- built-in Wi-Fi with access to streaming apps for Netflix, Hulu, and more
- mobile-to-projector wireless mirroring (compatible with iOS, Android, Windows 10, Miracast, and Apple® AirPlay®)
- copyright-protected content cannot be mirrored
- 1 HDMI input
- USB Type-A input for connecting a camera, thumb drive, or storage device
- USB Type-C charging port for connecting external power pack (sold separately)
- built-in mono speaker (2 watts)
- built-in Bluetooth can transmit audio to Bluetooth speakers or headphones
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting headphones or a home audio system
- control with included remote or Kodak Luma mobile app for Apple and Android
- built-in rechargeable battery for portable use (lasts up to 3 hours in ECO mode)
- can also be powered by the included AC adapter
- quiet cooling fan (29 dB)
- threaded socket on bottom of projector for mounting unit to included tabletop tripod
- 5-1/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 5-1/8"D
- weight: 2.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RODPJS400
What's in the box:
- Portable projector
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 3 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU)
- Remote control
- Tabletop tripod
- 28" HDMI cable
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Kodak Luma 400
Features & specs
|Native Resolution (pixels)||1280 x 720|
|Resolution with Pixel Shift||N/A|
|Picture Size Range||up to 150 inches|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||200|
|Mounting Options and Design|
|Ultra Short Throw||No|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||No|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||No|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||None|
|Smart TV Features|
|Apple TV App||No|
|Apple AirPlay 2||AirPlay|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|USB Media Port||2|
|Approximate Lamp Life||30000 hours|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-in|
DLP Technology with LED Light Source: The Kodak Luma 400 is a portable smart projector that uses DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology along with an LED light source to deliver 1280x720 (720p) video resolution, 200 lumens of brightness, and a 3500:1 contrast ratio. The Kodak Luma 400 can project up to a 150" image on a screen or wall from a distance of as little as 12' away.
- Electronic Zoom: The projected image can be viewed at 100% zoom or reduced to 50% zoom in 10% increments.
- Focus Wheel: There is a focus wheel on the side of the projector that can be manually adjusted to sharpen the projected image.
- Keystone Correction: The Luma 400 offers 4-sided keystone correction to correct image distortion and straighten the image when the projector is tilted or at an angle.
- Brightness: Depending on the ambient light in your room, the projector's brightness can be set to High, Normal, or Eco.
HDMI Input: The Kodak Luma 400 is equipped with a single HDMI input that supports up to 4K/60Hz video signal and Dolby Digital/DTS multichannel audio formats.
- 4K, 1080p, and 1080i video signal will be down-scaled to the projector's 1280x720 (720p) native resolution.
- 480p and 480i video signal will be up-scaled to the projector's 720p native resolution.
HDR Compatible: The Luma 400 supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) video for a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- The Kodak Luma 400 support HDR 10. HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your projector that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- The Kodak Luma 400 projector does not support HDR 10+, HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma), or Dolby Vision.
WiFi Certified: The Kodak Luma 400 is WiFi Certified with built-in 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11n) for a wireless network connection to your router and ISP (internet service provider). The wireless WiFi network connection provides access to select online entertainment apps, as well a screen mirroring.
- Online Entertainment Apps: The Kodak Luma 400 portable smart projector employs an Android OS and utilizes Aptoide TV for access to select online entertainment apps such as Amazon Video, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Tubi, and more. You can download more apps from Aptoide TV. There is even a pre-installed web browser. Online entertainment services may require subscription, rental, or purchase fees.
- Screen Mirroring: The Luma 400 allows you to mirror content from your Android smartphone or tablet (OS 4.1.2+) or Windows PC (Windows 10) to the projector screen using Miracast. It also supports Apple AirPlay, so you can mirror content from Apple iOS device (iOS 4.2+) or Mac computer (2011+) to a projection screen.
Note: The Kodak Luma 400 does not feature a Ethernet jack for a wired network connection.
Dual USB Ports: The Kodak Luma 400 features two USB ports (one USB-A and one USB-C). The USB-A port supports playback of a variety of video, photo, and audio files from a USB MSC (mass storage class) device; such as a USB thumbdrive or HDD (some HDDs will require and external power supply). The USB-C port is strictly for charging the projector's built-in battery from an external USB power pack (sold separately).
Note: The USB-A port does not support media playback from Apple or Android devices, laptop or desktop computers, or USB hubs and card-readers.
Audio Section: The Kodak Luma 400 offers a variety of audio playback options - including built-in speakers, an analog output, and built-in Bluetooth.
- Built-In Speaker: The Luma 400 features a built-in 2 watt speaker for audio playback using only the projector.
- 3.5mm Analog Output: The Luma 400 is also equipped with a stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog output for connection to powered speakers, soundbar, or entertainment system.
- Bluetooth Transmitter: Its built-in Bluetooth transmitter allows you to transmit audio to a Bluetooth-enable set of headphones, pair of speakers, soundbar, or entertainment system.
Note: Only one type of audio output option can be used at a time.
Remote Control: The Luma 400 comes with a remote control for wireless operation of the projector. The remote connects wirelessly to the projector via Bluetooth. With the remote, you can control power and volume, plus maneuver through the menu with the 4-way direction keys and confirmation button. The remote is powered by two AAA batteries (not included).
Note: The remote must be initially paired with the Luma 400 projector. See Quick Start Guide for directions.
Kodak Luma App: The Kodak Luma App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.1+) turns your compatible mobile device into a wireless remote control for the Luma 400. You' be able to navigate between menus, open apps, adjust settings, and connect wirelessly to share and project your compatible smartphone or tablet screen. You can even reverse-mirror the Kodak Luma 400's content on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Power Requirements: The Kodak Luma 400 projector can powered via AC or battery. It comes with an external AC power adapter with attached 59" cord. The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 3 hours of playback time (in Eco mode). The included AC power adapter also charges the built-in battery. In addition, the projector's USB-C port and an optional USB power pack (sold separately) can be used to charge the built-in battery.
Mounting Options: The Kodak Luma 400 can be used as a front projector or rear projector. The Luma 400 features four integrated rubber feet that allow you to sit the projector on a flat tabletop surface or shelf. It also comes with tabletop tripod that sits the projector 5.75" from mounting surface. The 1/4"-20 threaded insert on the bottom of the projector will also work with other tripod mounts and ceiling mounts (sold separately). The Luma 400 can be used as a front projector or rear projector.