About the Kodak Luma 150
Miniature movie machine throws a big image
Miniature movie machine throws a big image
Smartphones do many things well, but that small screen makes it difficult to share photos and videos with a group. Kodak's ultra-compact Luma 150 produces bright, crisp images as large as 150", for work or play, at home, in the office, or on the road. You can even mirror content wirelessly from most phones and tablets.
Plug-and-play hookup and operation
There's an HDMI input for connecting a high-def video source, like a Blu-ray player or laptop computer. Use the standard USB input or microSD card slot for viewing photos — the slideshow mode is a nice touch.
The built-in rechargeable battery means you can project almost anywhere for up to 3 hours, or you can run longer by connecting an AC power supply (sold separately). The projector's built-in speaker delivers modest sound, and there's a minijack audio output to connect to headphones or a pair of powered speakers.
- DLP projection technology (854 x 480 pixels)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- image size: up to 150"
- light output: 150 lumens
- 1500:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- LED RGB lamp (lasts up to 30,000 hours)
- mobile-to-projector wireless mirroring (compatible with iOS, Android, Windows 10, Miracast, and Apple® AirPlay®)
- 1 HDMI
- USB Type-A input for connecting a camera, thumb drive, or storage device
- microSD slot for plugging in a memory card
- built-in mono speaker (2 watts)
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting headphones or a home audio system
- built-in rechargeable battery for portable use (lasts up to 3 hours)
- can also be powered by an AC adapter with USB output (sold separately)
- quiet cooling fan (30 dB)
- threaded socket on bottom of projector for mounting unit to a tripod (1/4"-20 or M6)
- 3-15/16"W x 1"H x 3-15/16"D
- weight: 8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RODPJS150WH
What's in the box:
- Portable projector (white)
- 32" HDMI cable (full size HDMI connectors on each end)
- 24" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
Kodak Luma 150 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kodak Luma 150
Features & specs
|Native Resolution (pixels)||854 x 480|
|Resolution with Pixel Shift||N/A|
|Picture Size Range||10 to 150 inches|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||150|
|Mounting Options and Design|
|Ultra Short Throw||No|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||No|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||No|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||None|
|Smart TV Features|
|Apple TV App||No|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|Audio Return Channel||No|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|USB Media Port||Yes|
|Approximate Lamp Life||30000 hours|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||No|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-in|
Overview: The Kodak Luma 150 Portable Smart Projector is a small projector that lets you project stunning images and videos up to 11-1/2 feet away. You can connect sources via HDMI, USB, and microSD. You can also connect wirelessly to the projector from your smartphone or tablet. The Luma 150 projector can be operated on battery power or via the included USB power adapter. Dimensions: Width 3.934" x Height 0.988" x Depth 3.941"; Weight 8.0 ounces.
DLP Technology: The Kodak Luma 150 Portable Projector utilizes the latest in DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology to provide clear bright images. The projector has a 0.3" EM DLP Digital Micro-mirror Device (DMD) with a native resolution of 854 x 480 pixels. It uses an RGB LED light source with 16.7-million colors, and a brightness rating of 150 lumens. The LED has an estimated life of 30,000 hours.
Supported File Formats: The Luma 150 supports the following file formats:
- Photo: PNG, BMP, JPEG, and JPG
- Video: DAT, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPG, RM, TRP, TS, WMB, and RMVB
- Audio: AAC, FLAC, M4A, OGG, MP3, WAV, and WMA
Projected Image: This portable projector can project 16:9 aspect ratio images as near as 9.84" (0.82 feet) and as far away as 11.5 feet. It can project images from 5" to 150" (measured diagonally). Its throw ratio is 1.2, which means that for each foot of image width, the projector needs to be 1.2 feet away. The projection offset is 100%. The screen sizes at various distances are:
|Distance||Screen Size |
Controls: The Luma 150 Portable Projector features backlit touch controls on the top panel for navigating the on screen menu. Controls include Back, Confirm/Play/Pause, Right/Fast-forward/Volume+, Left/Rewind/Volume-, and Volume. There is also a power indicator on the top panel. The main power switch and a manual focus wheel are located on the right side. On screen controls include:
- Video: When playing videos, you can pause, fast forward (x2, x4, x8, x16), rewind (x2, x4, x8, x16), and control volume.
- Photo: You can display photos on USB flash drives or microSD cards manually one after another, or in an automatic slide show. Slide shows can be paused and resumed as needed.
Speaker: The projector has a built-in 2-watt speaker for audio playback.
Inputs/Outputs: The Kodak Luma 150 Portable Smart Projector has a full-sized HDMI input for connecting a Blu-ray player or other protected content playback device. A 32" HDMI cable is included. If your camera or device has a micro-HDMI or mini-HDMI output, you'll need an adapter to a full-size HDMI. For non-HDMI devices, you must use an appropriate adapter to connect your iOS (Lightning) or Android (USB-C or Micro USB) device. It also has a USB (Type A) input for connecting a USB flash drive or other external device. This USB port also provides an output of up to 5V/2A of voltage and current for charging a connected mobile device. You can also insert a microSD card for playing back video files stored on the card. The projector has a 3.5mm audio output for plugging in a pair of headphones or connecting the projector to a powered speaker or amplifier.
Screen Mirroring: The Luma 150 allows you to share the screen from your compatible iOS, Android, Windows 10 device. It is also compatible with Miracast and Apple Airplay. Using the projector's built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, you can connect your device to the projector and stream videos or photos from your device.
Rechargeable Battery: The projector has a 3800mAh rechargeable battery that will power the unit for approximately 2 hours on a full charge when in Video Mode. The battery charges in approximately 3 hours when connected to a third party USB power adapter (5V/2A recommended) - not included and sold separately. You can directly power the projector through the USB power adapter, if desired.
Tripod Mountable: On the bottom of the projector is a threaded socket for mounting the unit on a tripod. The socket will accept a 1/4"-20 or M6 tripod screw.
- Display Technology: 0.3" DLP DMD
- Light Source: RGB LED
- Light Source Life: 30,000 hours
- Native Resolution: 854 x 480
- Brightness: 150 lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 1500:1
- Color Saturation (NTSC): 100%
- Display Colors: 16.7-million colors
- Pixel Shape: Square
- Throw Ratio: 1.2
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Projection Distance: 0.82 feet to 11.5 feet
- Projection Screen Size: 5 to 150 inches
- Projection Offset: 100%
- Battery Capacity: 3800mAh
- Battery Life: up to 3 hours (Video Mode)
- Dimensions: Width 3.934", Height 0.988", Depth 3.941"
- Weight: 8 ounces
1 question already asked