About the Slingbox PRO-HD (Model 300)
If you've ever arrived at the airport for a week-long business trip and realized that you forgot to set your DVR to record your favorite show, then the Slingbox PRO-HD was designed for you. It lets you access and control your DVR, cable box, or satellite TV receiver using any computer with an Internet connection. Use it to set up recordings and play back shows right on your PC or laptop.
Watch your high-def programming over the Internet
The Slingbox makes a wired connection to your home network and your DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box. The PRO-HD features one high-def-capable input and two standard-def inputs, so you can connect up to three TV sources. Included IR (infrared) flashers let you remotely control your connected TV sources.
Simple on-screen controls
Controlling playback is extremely easy. Install the software on your laptop and then you're ready to hit the road. The SlingRemote interface works just like your remote at home. For example, if you're using the SlingRemote to control your DVR, you can select channels, queue up your recorded TV shows, and fast-forward through commercials right from your computer screen.
If you'd like even more ways to access your DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box, there are apps available for iPhone® and BlackBerry® that let you stream shows straight to your mobile device.
- watch programs from your DVR, satellite receiver, or cable box from any computer with an Internet connection
- high-definition video playback (supports video signals up to 1080i )
- connects to your DVR, cable box, or satellite receiver
- connects to your wired home network (Ethernet cable included)
- control playback at your computer using the on-screen SlingRemote interface (compatible with PCs and Macs)
- video inputs/outputs function independently so you can connect as many as three video components
- component video, S-video, composite video, coaxial digital audio, and RCA stereo audio pass-through connections
- includes IR flashers to control connected TV source components
- AC adapter
- 13-1/4"W x 2-7/16"H x 5-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
System requirements for SlingServer software:
- broadband Internet connection
- requires software download from SlingMedia site
- requires Windows® XP or Vista for initial setup (playback possible on PCs and Macs)
- web browser (Internet Explorer 6, Firefox 2 or higher)
- 1GB RAM
- MFR # SB 300-100
What's in the box:
- Slingbox Pro-HD
- 6' Coaxial cable (threaded F-connectors on both ends)
- 4' A/V cable (RCA stereo and composite video connectors on both ends)
- 6.5' Component video cable
- 4' Stereo RCA patch cord
- 6' S-Video cable
- AC adapter with attached 5' output cord (5 volts DC/4 amps)
- 6' CAT-5 Ethernet cable
- IR remote flashers with 6' cable (single 2.5mm mini-plug on one end and 4 IR flashers on the other)
- User guide
- FCC notice
Slingbox PRO-HD (Model 300) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Slingbox PRO-HD (Model 300)
Overview: The Slingbox Pro-HD allows you to access and control an A/V signal on your home system from anywhere you have a broadband internet connection (broadband internet also required for your home network). Up to three sources can be routed to the Slingbox; one high definition component video, one standard definition composite or S-video, and one coaxial (ATSC and QAM tuners built-in). The Slingbox connects to your home network via the Ethernet port on the rear panel and you access the system using your PC or Mac after downloading the free SlingPlayer software from slingmedia's web site. SlingPlayer Mobile can be purchased separately to stream audio and video to a PDA, smart phone, or other compatible portable device. The Slingbox can also be accessed using an optional SlingCatcher (item number 744SC100, sold separately), which is connected to a different TV.
Control: When accessing Slingbox with your computer, a virtual on-screen remote gives you control of your cable box, DVR, satellite tuner, DVD player, etc; commands are sent to the external components via the four included IR flashers. If you're using the built-in tuner, the computer acts as a buffer, allowing you to pause (up to 60 minutes), rewind, and fast forward live TV (available for Windows only). If using the optional SlingCatcher, an IR remote is included. You can also access your Slingbox using a different computer that doesn't have SlingPlayer downloaded, via slingmedia's web site.
Tuner: The TV tuner built into the Slingbox receives over the air digital (ATSC), analog cable, and non-encrypted digital cable (QAM) channels. SlingPlayer Guide gives you program listings without having to access your cable box (available for Windows only).
- Windows Vista or XP (Service Pack 2)
- Intel Pentium IV 1 GHz processor (3 GHz for high definition video)
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB for XP or 1 GB for Vista for high definition video)
- 150 MB free hard disc space
- 1024x788 display resolution (1280x768 for high definition video)
- 16-bit sound card
- Network connectivity
- Mac: Streaming HD video to
MAC not available at this time
- PowerPC G4/G5 800 MHz or Intel processor
- OS X v10.5 or later
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 150 MB free hard disc space
- Network connectivity
Internet Connection: A home network router and broadband cable or DSL internet connection with 1.5 Mbps upload speed (minimum) are required to stream HD video.
HD Input: High definition component video (up to 1080i) with coaxial digital audio and stereo RCA audio jacks
SD Input: Standard definition composite video and S-video with stereo RCA audio jacks
Coaxial Input: Threaded F-connection for cable TV or antenna
Outputs: The HD, SD, and Coax inputs have corresponding outputs to pass all signals through to your TV
IR: 2.5mm sub mini-jack for use with the included IR flashers
Ethernet: RJ-45 port used to connect to your network
Power: Input for the included 5 volt/4 amp DC power supply included