About the NAD BluOS™ Kit
Make your NAD components wireless
Compatible with Bluesound wireless speakers
This module adds compatibility with Bluesound's BluOS wireless music system. That means you can integrate your compatible NAD component into a wireless multi-room music system. Stream songs on your main system as well as Bluesound speakers throughout your home.
A free app with advanced control options
Operate your system via Wi-Fi® using the BluOS Controller app with your Apple® or Android® device, or your Windows® or Mac® computer. It gives you flexible control over your entire music system. Play the same song everywhere or stream different music to different zones at the same time. You can even use your Apple Watch to control your system.
A wealth of high-resolution streaming options
BluOS can send 24-bit high-res music to any room in your home, without any loss of sound quality. Play music from your personal library or from internet streaming services. The selection of supported services — including TIDAL, Spotify®, and Rhapsody®, among others — is one of the most impressive we've seen.
- upgrade module for wireless multi-room music and streaming
- compatible only with VM130 or VM300 MDC modules from NAD Electronics
- includes support for Spotify, Deezer, TIDAL, Slacker, Radio Paradise, Napster, Murfie, and Calm Radio
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Wi-Fi® dongle and extension cable for wireless connection to your home network
- Bluetooth® USB micro adapter for wireless music listening from a mobile device or computer
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- compatible file types: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF
- supports high-resolution playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BluOS UPGRD Kit
What's in the box:
- BluOS module
- WiFi dongle
- Bluetooth dongle
- 23" USB extension cable
- Quick Start Guide
NAD BluOS™ Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD BluOS™ Kit
- VM130 MDC Module: The VM130 MDC module works with the T757 and T758 AV receivers from NAD.
- VM300 MDC Module: The VM300 MDC module works with the T187, T777, & T787 AV receiver; as well as the NAD M15 & M17 AV preamplifiers
BluOS: You can now add BluOS network and internet music streaming with advanced music management to select NAD receivers and preamplifiers using the NAD BluOS Kit. Featuring BluOS, the music management software developed by NAD's sister brand, Bluesound, the BluOS Kit turns your compatible NAD receiver or preamplifier into a complete digital music solution.
Note: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. Bluesound can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The NAD BluOS Kit supports a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) connection when using the VM300 MDC module, but only a wireless connection when using the VM130 MDC module. The BluOS Kit comes with a pre-installed WiFi (802.11 b/g/n dongle). The Ethernet (RJ-45) port for the wired connection is actually found on the VM300 MDC module and not on the BluOS Kit. Either network connection allows you to stream music from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services.
Note: The included WiFi dongle is pre-installed in the BluOS Kit. If you experience poor WiFi reception, unplug the WiFi dongle and plug in the included 23" USB extension along with the WiFi dongle to extend the BluOS Kit's WiFi range.
Bluesound Controller App: The free Bluesound Controller App turns your Apple iOS (7.0+) iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android (OS 4.0+) smartphone/tablet, Windows (Vista higher) PC or Mac (OS X 10.7+) computer into a full-featured remote control for the Bluesound wireless music system. The Bluesound Controller App on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use Bluesound Controller App.
Supported Music Formats: The NAD BluOS Kit and Bluesound eco-system supports both low-res and high-res audio files; including MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WMA Lossless, MQA, WAV, and AIFF. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 100,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Note: Bluesound cannot index or play AAC files with the extension ".m4p". These files were purchased in iTunes prior to 2009 and are subject to copy protection. Apple Consumers with an iTunes Match subscription can delete and re-download these files free of charge from their iTunes Cloud
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Note: MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) support will require a firmware update.
Online Music Services: With a network and internet connection, the NAD BluOS Kit lets you access select online music services & internet radio. The Bluesound Controller app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art.
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL: TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality
- TuneIn: The Bluesound eco-system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeartRadio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker RadioÂ® music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
Computer Audio: The NAD BluOS Kit will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC or Mac computer using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the Bluesound Controller App for Windows & Mac.
- Windows: Music files stored on a Windows desktop or laptop can be accessed by Bluesound using Windows File Sharing. You will need to download the Bluesound Share Utility for Windows - Bluesound Share Utility Windows v1.6.zip. This utility will work on Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- Mac: Music files stored on an Apple iMac or MacBook can be accessed by Bluesound using SMB File Sharing. You will need to download the Bluesound Share Utility for OS X - Bluesound Share Utility OSX v1.2.zip.This utility will work on any version of Apple OS X 10.8.x and higher.
Bluetooth w/ aptX: The NAD BluOS Kit features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless music streaming from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC/Phone, Mac computer/laptop, and more. You'll be able to stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth-enabled device to your compatible NAD receiver or preamplifier. In addition, the NAD BluOS Kit offers aptX for CD-quality sound from Android (OS 4.0+) devices. You can even distribute Bluetooth audio to the rest of your Bluesound wireless audio system throughout your home or office over WiFi.
Note: The included Bluetooth dongle is pre-installed in the BluOS Kit.
Dual USB-A Ports: The NAD BluOS Kit features two USB (type-A) ports to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard-drive. The unit's USB ports support music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32. Not only can USB audio be played back on your compatible NAD receiver or preamplifier, but can also be wirelessly distributed to the rest of your Bluesound components throughout your home for multiroom playback. The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android devices.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked