About the NAD C 328
Clean amplification for analog and digital sources
Clean amplification for analog and digital sources
The NAD C 328 integrated amplifier lets you connect digital and analog music sources. You can also stream music from any Bluetooth enabled device, like a smartphone, tablet, or computer.Use the C 328's optical and coaxial digital inputs to take advantage of its built-in high-quality DAC. You'll hear crystal-clear stereo sound from sources like a CD player or TV.
The C 328 uses an advanced Class D amplifier design for consistent performance. Its highly efficient power supply provides a noise-free foundation, generating clean power with negligible distortion, to faithfully reproduce the energy and excitement of all your favorite music. A built-in high-performance headphone amplifier can drive even the most demanding studio monitor headphones.
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- 40 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.03% THD
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- Class D Asymmetrical PowerDrive amplifier design
- 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources such as a CD player
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from a compatible device
- independent built-in high-output headphone amplifier
- 4 digital audio inputs (2 optical/2 coaxial)
- 3 stereo RCA audio inputs, including a phono input (for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- subwoofer output
- full-size headphone jack
- pair of binding post speaker connectors
- detachable power cord
- RS-232 port
- remote control
- signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB line; 75 dB phono
- 17-3/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 11-1/4"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C328
What's in the box:
- Stereo integrated amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (AMP 3)
- CR2025 3V battery (installed in remote)
- Bluetooth antenna
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
NAD C 328 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD C 328
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||40|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||40|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100|
|DAC Bit Depth||24-bit|
|DAC Sample Rate||192 kHz|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 2-prong|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Hybrid Digital Amplification: NAD has moved away from the old-fashioned power-hungry linear power supplies and Class AB output stages that waste nearly half of the energy consumed and produce heat rather than sound. Instead, NAD has developed even better performing circuits based on switch mode power supplies and Class D output stages. Once thought to be inferior to traditional topologies, this new Hybrid Digital Amplifier design is very linear over a wide bandwidth and provides consistent performance into all speaker loads, providing a dramatic advancement over previous Class AB and Class D amplifier designs.
- Customized Hypex UcD Output Stage: The NAD C 328 uses a customized version of the proven Hypex UcD output stage. This allows for massive power with nearly immeasurable distortion and noise in the audible range. Every detail of this design has been carefully crafted and perfectly executed to deliver best performance possible.
- Efficient Power Supply: The power supply of the C 328 is able to provide over 100 watts of audio output when needed. The C 328 can operate with any AC mains voltage from 100V to 240V and provides pure DC power to all of its various stages. This extremely efficient power supply also provides near perfect regulation of voltage across a wide range of conditions and provides a solid noise-free foundation for the amplifying stages.
Full Disclosure Power (FDP): NAD uses Full Disclosure Power (FDP), the most demanding criterion for performance measurement. FDP specifies distortion under the most extreme conditions of low impedance loads and frequency extremes, rather than the simple and easy 1kHz @ 8 ohms test quoted by many of other manufactures. NAD uses this stricter performance criterion because it more closely matches the demands of real music and real loudspeakers. Maintaining specified distortion at 4/8Ω and at 20-20kHz is a much more difficult achievement. The benefit of NAD's Full Disclosure Power is the total elimination of audible distortion at any listening level. This provides pinpoint imaging and realism with music and movies alike.
- Continuous Power: 40 watts x 2-channel (@ 20-20kHz, into 4Ω or 8Ω, at 0.03% THD, with both channels driven)
- IHF Dynamic Power: 90 watts 2-channel into 8Ω or 166 watts x 2-channel into 4Ω
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ function boosts overall bass response by at least 6dB.
Digital Inputs: The NAD C 328 is equipped with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs. These digital inputs will support 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
Analog Inputs: The NAD C 328's stereo RCA inputs (2 Line/1 Phono) can accommodate all kinds of analog source components by offering ideal input impedance characteristics with linear ultra-low-noise buffer amplifiers to prevent any sonic degradation caused by inappropriate loading of the source device.
MM Phono Stage w/ RIAA Equalization: The NAD C 328 hybrid digital integrated amplifier includes an MM Phono stage with precisely accurate RIAA equalization, high overload margins, extremely low noise, and an innovative circuit to suppress infrasonic noise that is present on all LPs - all without affecting bass response.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in Bluetooth allows you to wirelessly stream your music library, music apps, podcasts, audiobooks, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or laptop) to the NAD C 328. You can control basic playback functions (such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Volume Up/Down) from the included IR remote. You can only pair and connect one device at a time.
Note: The included antenna must be connected to the rear-panel of the integrated amp in order for Bluetooth to work.
Discrete Headphone Amplifier: The NAD C 328 incorporates a discrete headphone amplifier with low output impedance and very high output voltage capability, enough to drive even high impedance studio monitor headphones. Connecting a set of headphone to unit's front-panel 1/4" jack will mute the speaker outputs. Volume, tone, and balance controls are all operable during headphone listening.
Binding Post Speaker Outputs: The speaker output terminals consist of four binding posts to connect a single pair of loudspeakers. The amplifier supports 4Ω to 8Ω speakers. These binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only). You'll need to remove the plastic inserts within the binding-post terminals to connect banana plugs.
Sub Out: The NAD C C328 is equipped with a mono-RCA subwoofer output for connection of a powered sub. The subwoofer out features a fixed low-pass crossover set a 100Hz.
IR Remote: The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the C 328 hybrid digital integrated amplifier and basic playback control of your connected Bluetooth source device.
RS-232 Port: The RS-232 port allows connection to a compatible PC or external whole-house control system. NAD is a certified partner of Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC, AMX, Savant, & Elan.
Auto Sense & Auto Standby: The Auto Sense feature enables the C 328 to wake up from standby mode when triggered by an active analog or digital source input with an audio signal. The C 328 can also be setup to automatically go into standby mode if there is no user interface interaction and no active source input for 20 minutes.
The NAD C 328 replaces these items
11 questions already asked