About the NAD C 538
No-nonsense musical fidelity
No-nonsense musical fidelity
I've always admired the solid, no-nonsense feel I get from NAD components. For instance, the NAD C 538 CD player offers a clean, easy-to-operate front panel with raised buttons, and a vacuum fluorescent display that provides important title, track, and time information.
Inside the vibration-resistant chassis, there's a custom-designed power supply, and a 24-bit/192kHz Wolfson digital-to-analog converter that ensures precise, accurate playback of your favorite discs.
A versatile performer
The C 538 is compatible with a variety of discs, ranging from regular CDs to home-burned CD-Rs filled with MP3 and WMA files. The included remote gives you command of the basics like "play" and "stop," plus access to repeat, random, and program modes from the comfort of your favorite chair.
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and discs with MP3s and WMA files
- vacuum fluorescent display (VFD) shows settings and disc playback information
- repeat, random, and program play
- forward and reverse skip and search functions
- display dimmer
- wireless remote
- detachable power cord
- regulated active power supply
- Wolfson 24-bit/192KHz digital-to-analog converter
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (±0.5 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 110 dB
- optical and coaxial digital outputs
- stereo RCA outputs
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17-3/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 9-13/16"D
- weight: 6.6 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C538
What's in the box:
- Single-disc CD player
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control (CD 8)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 5' RCA stereo cable
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
NAD C 538 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD C 538
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
Single Disc |
|Direct Track Access||Remote|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Multiple CD Player Control||---|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|CD Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||110 dB|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||---|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
Disc Compatibility: The NAD C 538 single-disc CD player can play both CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/RW discs, as well as decodes MP3/WMA music files copied onto a CD-R or CD-RW disc.
Wolfson 24-Bit DAC: The 24-bit/192kHz high-resolution Wolfson DAC of the C 538 was chosen for its excellent low-level linearity and detail retrieving capabilities
Stereo RCA Output: The CD player also features a stereo RCA output for analog connection, utilizing the high quality Wolfson 24-bit/192kHz DAC.
Coaxial & Optical Digital Outputs: The coaxial output is buffered and isolated by a transformer from the converter itself, and the output impedance has been carefully tailored to produce a precise 75-ohms impedance to ensure perfect matching. This attention to detail reduces the timing errors (jitter) that could otherwise distort the digital data stream. An optical Toslink output is also provided allowing connection to devices that only provide this option.
Remote Control: In addition the unit's front-panel controls, the player includes a dedicated full-feature IR remote control for easy wireless operation.
Playback & Search Functions: The NAD C 538 single-disc CD player offers a variety of convenient playback & search functions - like Random, Repeat, Program, Direct, Skip, and Scan.
- Random: Random playback gives the listener a random selection of all tracks on the disc.
- Repeat: The Repeat feature allows repeat playing of either the entire disc or individual tracks.
- Program: Up to 20 tracks can be programmed with the ability to delete tracks.
- Direct: The remote's keypad can be used for direct track access, so you can immediately go to a music track.
- Skip: Individual tracks can also be quickly accessed using the Skip function (Forward and Back).
- Scan: The Scan function (Forward and Back) gives listeners the opportunity to reach specific sections of the track.
VFL Display w/ CD-Text: The C 538's Vacuum Fluorescent (VFL) display provides clear and comprehensive information to the listener. The track number is displayed, along with current time elapsed or remaining time for complete CDs or individual tracks. The CD player will also display CD-Text for song/artist information.
AC Power: The CD player has a C7 non-polarized connection for the included power cord. The unit has a power rating of 120-240V; 50/60Hz (15W).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked