About the NAD CI 16-60 DSP
A flexible multi-zone amp for custom installations
A flexible multi-zone amp for custom installations
The NAD CI 16-60 DSP is a flexible power amplifier designed for high-performance multi-zone audio systems in large homes. It offers stable and efficient power with high-current capability, rated at a respectable 60 watts per channel with all channels driven. And it's 4-ohm stable, so it can drive even your most demanding custom-install speakers. Brackets are included for neat, simple rack mounting.
Web-based setup and control
This amp offers a convenient web-based user interface for configuration and management, which you can access from Windows® and Mac® PCs, smartphones, and tablets. The app offers individual input gain for each connected source, and separate output level controls for each channel. Sophisticated DSP lets you control Master Gain, Slope, Q, Frequency and Gain settings, and save presets for later use.
The CI 16-60 DSP gives you multiple options for distributing power in a large custom installation. The back panel features global RCA bus inputs/outputs so you can distribute a single audio source among multiple amp channels and pass input signal on to another amplifier. There are eight pairs of assignable RCA inputs for each channel, with corresponding "loop-through" RCA outputs and Phoenix-style speaker outputs. An Ethernet LAN port lets you connect to your network for accessing the amp's extensive setup and control options.
- 60 watts per channel into 8 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.05% THD with all channels driven
- 65 watts per channel into 4 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.05% THD with all channels driven
- 140 x 8 into 8 ohms in bridged mode (1 kHz) at 0.05% THD with all channels driven
- each pair of channels is separately bridgeable
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- signal-to-noise ratio: 80 dB
- Hypex UcD output stage delivers high power with extremely low distortion and noise
- browser-based configuration and calibration with multi-channel digital signal processing (DSP)
- dual built-in multi-speed cooling fans
- rack-mountable (brackets included)
- Ethernet LAN port for setup, control, and firmware updates
- global RCA stereo input and output
- eight pairs of stereo RCA inputs
- stereo RCA "loop through" outputs allow you to daisy chain sources to multiple amplifiers
- Phoenix-style Euroblock outputs for eight pairs of speakers
- 12-volt trigger input (Phoenix-style)
- IR input and output (Phoenix-style)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19-1/16"W x 3-15/16"H x 19-3/16"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 22.7 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CI16-60
What's in the box:
- 16-Channel power amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- 8 Phoenix-style speaker connector blocks
- Phoenix-style 12V trigger block
- Phoneix-style IR In/Out block
- 4 Feet
- 4 Screws
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD CI 16-60 DSP
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||16|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||60|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||65|
|Bridged Power per Channel||140 watts|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||9|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 2-prong|
Hybrid Digital Amplification: The NAD CI 16-60 uses a customized version of the proven Hypex UcD output stage to deliver great load invariant power with extremely low distortion and low noise in the audible range. This hybrid digital amplifier platform delivers stable and efficient power with high current capability, while effortlessly handling long cable runs and difficult speaker loadds down to 4-ohms.
- 8-Ohm Power Rating: 60 watts x 16 channels @ 1kHz with all channels driven
- 4-Ohm Power Rating: 65 watts x 16 channels @ 1kHz with all channels driven.
Bridgeable: The NAD CI 16-60 is also bridgeable to 140 watts x 8 channels @ 1kHz into 8 ohms (with all channels driven). The amplifier cannot handle 4-ohm impedances when in Bridged mode.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP): The NAD CI 6-60 offers access to multichannel digital signal processing (DSP) providing detailed equalization control. In addition, the CI 16-60's UI offers insight into temperature and power status, as well as basic troubleshooting functions like power cycling, factory resetting and updating.
Global Inputs & Outputs: The NAD CI 16-60 is equipped with one set of Global stereo RCA inputs and outputs. The Global input can be selected to output an audio signal through all 16-channels of the amplifier. The Global output will "loop through" the same audio signal from the corresponding Global input to another amplifier.
Line Inputs: The CI 16-60 is also outfitted sixteen stereo RCA line inputs that can be assigned to a specific or multiple speaker output channels. Each line input also has a corresponding stereo RCA line output to pass the audio signal to another amplifier.
Phoenix Speaker Terminals: The CI 16-60 power amp is equipped with Phoenix-style speaker connection blocks that make installation a snap, and wiring further simplified.
IP Control: The CI 16-60 features an Ethernet (RJ45) jack and can be accessed, configured, plus managed via a web-based user interface (UI) on your Windows PC, Mac computer, smartphone or tablet. The user interface consists of 4 main menu options - Identification, Input/Output, DSP, and Settings.
- Gain Adjustment & Offset: Gain Adjustment allows all input sources to play back at the same level so you don’t need to adjust the level every time a new input source is selected. The ability to level out the input sources will also eliminate any jolting transitions when switching between input sources. It is generally preferable to reduce the level of the loudest input source rather than making louder the softer input sources. Gain Offset allows output channel levels to be adjusted independently
- Input/Output Assignment + Sum (Mono): Each Output channel can be assigned any of the Input channels. Assign a particular Output channel with a source Input by selecting preferred line input number from the UI's drop down tab. Two adjacent line input sources are summed up to provide a mono signal output. Set SUM (Mono) to "On" to combine two adjacent line input sources or "Off" to maintain stereo input sources.
- DSP: The DSP allows you to adjust, set and save Master Gain, Slope, Frequency and Q settings as desired. Adjusting the Master Gain level will be effective simultaneously to all output channels. Slope refers to how abruptly frequencies are attenuated by the filter once the cutoff frequency is passed. Available selectable filter (roll off ) slope values are -6dB, -12dB, -18dB and -24dB per octave. You can also adjust the dB level (+-/12dB) of specific frequencies between 20Hz to 20kHz. The "Q" setting refers to the depth the bandwidth can be adjust from 0.1 to 24.
IR In/Out: Use the supplied IR In/Out terminal block to connect an external IR (infrared) repeater system (such as Xantech, sold separately) for wireless control functionality. .
12V Trigger In: With the 12V trigger input of the CI 16-60 connected to the DC output jack of a compatible auxiliary component, the NAD CI 16-60 can be switched remotely from standby mode to operating mode and vice-versa.
Protection Circuitry: The NAD CI 16-60 has multi-levels of protection circuitry to prevent damage to your unit, external devices and speakers.
- Amplifier Protection: The unit will go into protect mode if short circuit of external load occurs. "Over Current" will be displayed beside "Amplifier Protection" and a corresponding Line Input LED indicator of protected channel(s) will illuminate red.
- DC Protection: The nit will go to into protect mode if failure in amplifier module-related components occurs. "DC Error”"will be displayed beside "DC Protection" and corresponding Line Input LED indicator of protected channel(s) will illuminate red.
- Temperature Protection: There are two fans installed in the CI 16-60; one in the left side and the other on the right side. Each fan starts to circulate or rotate depending upon the temperature on each channel/side (Left and right channel temperature readings are not displayed). The unit will go into "Temperature Protect" if internal temperature exceeds 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mounting Options: The NAD CI 16-60 can simply be placed on a shelf, tabletop, or other flat surface with adequate ventilation. The 16-channel power amplifier can also be rack-mounted in a 2U space using the included brackets and hardware.