About the NAD CI 580 V2
High-res music streaming for a multi-zone audio system
High-res music streaming for a multi-zone audio system
NAD's CI 580 V2 four-zone network player can serve as the basis for a whole-home sound system. It streams music from popular online services like Spotify®, TIDAL, iHeart Radio, and more. The proprietary BluOS operating system allows creation of a wireless multi-room system with compatible Bluesound wireless speakers.
Flexible features for custom installations
The CI 580 V2 is rack-mountable, and can be hidden out of sight in a centralized location, like a closet or basement. It features four sets of RCA analog preamp outputs plus four optical and coaxial digital outputs for connecting to a single multi-channel amp or multiple zone amplifiers. Analog and digital inputs let you add additional sources to your multi-zone system. And USB Type A and Type B inputs let you stream high-res files from a connected computer or drive.
A free app with advanced control options
Operate your system via Wi-Fi® using the BluOS Controller app with your Apple® or Android™ device, or your Windows® or Mac® computer. It gives you flexible control over your music system, letting you access, control, and stream music to different BluOS-enabled zones. Synchronize multiple audio zones, or stream different music to different zones at the same time. You can even use your Apple Watch to control your system.
- 4-zone stereo player for digital and analog music sources
- connects to your home network via wired Ethernet for music streaming (1 Ethernet connection for all zones)
- includes support for Spotify, Deezer, TIDAL, Qobuz, Amazon Music, Napster and Calm Radio
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, and Radio Paradise
- BluOS operating system allows creation of a multi-room system with compatible Bluesound wireless speakers
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- compatible file types: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MQA and HRA
- supports high-resolution playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- multiple units can be used to create up to 64 zones
- system interrupt feature allows doorbells and fire alarms to be heard
- compatible with leading third-party control systems like Control4, Crestron, RTI, and URC
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- universal voltage (100V-240V)
- Ethernet port for wired connection to a home network
- analog stereo RCA: 1 in, 4 out
- Toslink optical digital audio (1 in, 4 out)
- coaxial digital audio (4 out)
- USB Type A input for connecting a USB memory stick and other compatible devices
- USB Type B input for connecting a computer
- 12-volt trigger and 3.5mm IR remote input
Dimensions and warranty:
- 19"W x 1-13/16"H x 9-1/4"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 5.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CI580V2
What's in the box:
- Network music player
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Terminal blocks
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warranty Information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD CI 580 V2
BluOS Network Music Player: The NAD CI 580 V2 network music player feature's Bluesound's proprietary BluOS operating system along with Ethernet, (RJ-45), analog (stereo RCA), digital (optical), and USB inputs. It can deliver audio to up to 4 stereo zones through its analog (RCA) & digital (optical/coaxial) pre-outs, all controlled from the free Bluesound Controller App for Apple iOS, Android, Windows, & Mac. You can listen to the same audio source in each zone or have a different audio source playing in each zone.
Bluesound Wireless High-Resolution Audio Eco-System: The NAD CI 580 V2 is part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wireless WiFi network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); USB audio, music libraries (from computers and NAS drives); as well as hardwired analog & digital audio inputs..
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
Ethernet Jack: A wired Ethernet (RJ-45) connection is required to setup the CI 580 V2 and connect it to your network. Using the supplied Ethernet cable, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to CI 580 V2's LAN port and the other end to the corresponding LAN port of your wired Ethernet broadband router.
Note: The NAD CI 580 V2 does not offer built-in WiFi for a wireless network connection.
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 5.0-up, Windows XP-up, and Mac OS X 10.7-up) turns your mobile device or computer into a full-featured wireless remote control for the BluOS wireless multiroom audio system. The BluOS Controller app on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller app.
- Multiroom Audio: Play a different song at the same time in different rooms, or group all your BluOS enabled devices together and listen to your favorite music in perfect sync throughout your home.
- Now Playing Screen: Control your music and adjust the volume in any room, get rich album artwork and detailed artist info, right from the Now Playing screen. Even check what quality you are streaming at to ensure the best possible listening experience.
- Individual Songs & Playlists: Tap a song and have it play instantly, or create and edit playlists on the fly by simply adding songs or entire albums to the play queue. Playlists can then be saved inside the app and listened to at any time.
Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control: The CI 580 V2's BluOS functionality will support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control through an over-the-network firmware update (now available). Using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask Blue Voice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell Blue Voice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 4.4+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+ ).
- The NAD network network music player does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.
Supported Music Formats: The Bluesound wireless audio system supports both low-res and high-res audio files; including MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WMA Lossless, MQA, WAV, and AIFF. Bluesound has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 100,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
Notes: Bluesound cannot index or play AAC files with the extension ".m4p". These files were purchased in iTunes prior to 2009 and are subject to copy protection. Apple Consumers with an iTunes Match subscription can delete and re-download these files free of charge from their iTunes Cloud
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Note: MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) support will require a firmware update.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOs App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to a free or paid Spotify subscription and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Bluesound device from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio is accessible through the BluOS app and lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the NAD network network music player and other compatible BluOS and AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). In addition, you can watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the NAD network network music player. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the NAD network network music player. With AirPlay 2, also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (not front-panel display).
Note: If you have older Bluesound or BluOS product, you can still group Gen 2i Bluesound and newer products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
Computer Audio: The BluOS wireless audio system lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (XP-up) & Mac (OS X 10.7-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
Roon Ready: Roon Ready network devices (such as Bluesound and NAD) have Roon's streaming technology built-in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming. Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD, and MQA) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Bluesound product or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Bluesound product. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
USB Ports: The NAD CI 580 V2 is outfitted with a rear-panel asynchronous USB-B input and rear-panel USB-A 2.0 input for listening to digital music files from your computer, HDD, or USB thumbdrive.
- Asynchronous USB-B: The Asynchronous USB-B input allows High Res digital music streaming from your Windows PC (7-up) or Mac computer (10.7-up) using one of the several High Res programs like Roon, JRiver, and Amarra. Asynchronous operation uses the CI 580 V2's precision clock (instead of the computers clock) to reduce jitter to a minimum and make the USB format work ideally for audio. The USB-B input supports PCM, DSD & MQA audio files (up to 24-bit/192kHz) only. *You will need to download the NAD USB audio driver for Windows PC (Mac computer does not require separate USB driver).
- USB-A 2.0: The CI 580 V2 features a USB (type-A) port to directly connect a USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard-drive. The unit's USB port supports music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32. USB audio can then be distributed to all four zones and other Bluesound components throughout your home for multiroom playback. *The USB-A port is not compatible with the direct connection of an Apple iOS or Android devices.
Analog & Digital Inputs: In addition to network and USB connectivity, analog and digital inputs are also available to add a satellite receiver and other non-network/non-USB sources to make them available and selectable in every zone (1-4), plus the ability to stream them to other Bluesound components throughout your home. There is one stereo RCA input and one optical (toslink) digital input. Both inputs support 2ch PCM audio (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
Analog & Digital Pre-Outs: The NAD CI 580 V2network music player offers 4 audio zones with analog or digital preouts. Each Zone (1-4) features a stereo analog RCA, Optical digital, and Coaxial digital input.
Custom Integration: The NAD CI 580V2 offers a 12V Trigger ouput and IR input, as well as support for 3rd party controllers. It also provides system interrupt connections.
- 12V Triggers & IR In: The 12V trigger output (3.5mm) can be used to control or activate other external device equipped with a corresponding 12V trigger input. The 12V trigger input of the CI 580 V2 connected to the DC output jack of a compatible auxiliary component, allows the CI 580 V2 to be switched remotely from standby mode to operating mode and vice-versa. The CI 580 V2's IR In (3.5mm) can be connected to the output of an IR repeater (sold separately) or the IR output of another component to allow control of the CI 580 V2 from a remote location.
- 3rd Party Controllers: The CI 580 V2's network connectivity and built-in BluOS operating system enables custom integration with several of the top control systems - including Control4, Crestron, and RTI. Unlike many other network audio solutions, BluOS has a published API that allows a more complete and sustainable integration.
- System Interrupt: The CI 580 V2 includes a system interrupt feature to allow for doorbells and fire alarms to be heard. Detachable 5V-30V connector block is located on the rear-panel.
Rack Mountable: The NAD CI 580 V2 network music player is rack-mountable and takes up 1U rack space.
AC Power: The NAD CI 580 V2 operates off of standard household current using its internal power supply and the included 6' detachable AC power cord.