About the NAD DAC 2
High-res music with wireless convenience
High-res music with wireless convenience
Liberate the music trapped in your computer with NAD's DAC 2. This USB digital-to-analog converter gives you an easy way to send music wirelessly from your computer to your existing home theater or stereo, while providing clear, detailed sound. Anything that you can listen to on your PC or Mac® you can now enjoy on your best speakers. The DAC 2's two-piece design features point-to-point wireless technology that delivers uncompressed, full-bandwidth audio — including high-resolution music files up to 24-bit/96kHz. And because it's a closed wireless system, you don't even need a Wi-Fi® network to use it.
Simple to set up. Easy to use.
Right from the box, the DAC 2 is ready to play in just moments. Simply plug the included transmitter module into a USB port on your computer, and the DAC 2 becomes your PC's sound card. The transmitter bypasses all of the analog circuitry in your PC and transmits a digital signal directly to the receiver module that's connected to your hi-fi system. The digital signal then gets converted and sent as an analog signal to your stereo amplifier. The DAC 2 uses premium components in a proprietary circuit for accurate, musical sound. It also sports a coaxial digital output that allows downstream digital processing by a different DAC or a home theater receiver.
- high-quality Burr-Brown op amps and digital-to-analog converter for detailed sound
- supports audio sample rates up to 96kHz/24-bit for streaming high-res music files
- wireless USB transmitter plugs into your computer
- Wi-Fi network not required uses point-to-point 2.4GHz wireless technology for uncompressed, full-audio-bandwidth transmission
- built-in driver for USB connection
- stereo RCA and coaxial digital outputs for connection to a stereo or home theater system
- transmission range: up to 131 feet
- frequency response: 20Hz to 48kHz (± 0.5 dB)
- THD + Noise: 0.05%
- signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 80 dB
- external power supply with 58" cord included for DAC receiver
- 7" mini-USB (type-B) to USB (type-A) adapter cable for USB transmitter included
- 50" stereo audio RCA cable included
- 5-1/2"W x 2"H x 4-1/16"D (DAC receiver)
- 1-1/2"W x 5/8"H x 3-1/4"D (wireless transmitter)
- warranty: 2 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DAC2
What's in the box:
- Wireless USB DAC receiver
- Wireless USB DAC transmitter
- AC power supply (with attached 58" DC cord)
- 4 AC plug adapters (US/AU/EU/UK)
- 7" mini-USB (type-B) to USB (type-A) adapter cable
- 50" Stereo audio RCA cable
- Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement
More details on the NAD DAC 2
Overview: The NAD DAC 2 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analog Converter lets you wirelessly stream your high-resolution music from your computer (PC/Mac) to your Hi-Fi stereo system with high performance sound. The NAD DAC 2 uses point-to-point 2.4GHz wireless technology which means you can just plug in the two-piece DAC 2 and start enjoying computer audio from your home entertainment system in minutes.
2.4GHz Wireless Connection: You don't need a Wi-Fi network to connect the NAD DAC 2 to your computer and home audio system. The NAD DAC 2 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analog Converter uses point-to-point 2.4GHz wireless technology which features the full audio bandwidth (20-20kHz) and remains uncompressed to maintain HD sound quality.
Simple Installation: The NAD DAC 2 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analog Converter consists of a wireless Receiver and Transmitter. Simply plug the DAC 2's Transmitter into your computer's USB port and it becomes a sound card that transmits your computer's high-resolution audio wirelessly to the DAC 2's Receiver, which connects to your home receiver via a stereo analog or coaxial digital connection.
Note: There are Channel switches (1-3) on the Receiver and Transmitter. Make sure these switches are set to the same number.
Wireless USB DAC Transmitter: The DAC 2's Transmitter consists of a mini-USB (type-B) connector with a mini-USB (type-B) to USB (type-A) adapter cable. Using the included USB cable, the DAC 2's Transmitter plugs into your computer's USB (type-A) port and bypasses all the analog circuitry in your PC and then wirelessly transmits high-resolution audio directly to the DAC 2's Receiver, which is connected to your hi-fi system, using the native digital format for the best possible sound.
Wireless USB DAC Receiver: The DAC 2's Receiver consists of a integrated Digital-to-Analog Converter with analog & digital audio outputs. Once the wireless HD audio is received at the DAC 2's Receiver from the DAC 2's Transmitter, the digital signal is converted and sent as an analog signal to your home receiver through stereo analog audio outputs. There is also a coax digital output that allows downstream digital processing.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: To achieve the best possible sound, the DAC 2's Transmitter digitally transmits the HD audio from your Mac or PC to the DAC 2's Receiver, which then converts the digital signal to analog using premium Burr-Brown OPAmps (TI PCM1781) and 24-bit/192kHz Delta-Signma DACs with selected passive components in a proprietary NAD circuit.
Compatible Sampling Rates: The NAD DAC 2 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analog Converter supports high-resolution audio sampling rates up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Audio Outputs: The NAD DAC 2 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analog Converter is fitted with both analog & digital audio outputs
- Analog Output: The NAD DAC 2 features one stereo audio RCA output to connect to your home stereo receiver.
- Digital Output: The NAD DAC 2 features one coaxial digital output to connect to your home theater receiver.
AC Power Supply: The NAD DAC 2 Wireless USB Digital-to-Analog Converter includes an external AC power adapter.
Sample Rate: 96kHz/24-bit
THD+N: 0.05% (ref 0dBFS)
Signal-to-Noise: > 80dB
Analog Output Level: 2V
Coax SPDIF: 500mV +/- 50mV
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 48,000Hz (+/- 0.5dB)
Time Delay: <18ms
RF Band: 2.4GHz
Transmission Range: 131' (40m)
- W = 5.5"
- H = 2.0"
- D = 3.8125"
- W = 1.5"
- H = 0.625"
- D = 3.25"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
10 questions already asked