About the NAD DD BluOS™
Make your NAD components wireless
Make your NAD components wireless
NAD ingeniously designed their components to accommodate user-installed circuit boards, so you can keep up with changing technology. This add-on module lets you add intuitive, high-fidelity network and internet music streaming to NAD components with MDC (Modular Design Construction).
Compatible with Bluesound wireless speakers
This module adds compatibility with Bluesound's BluOS wireless music system. That means you can integrate your compatible NAD component into a wireless multi-room music system. Stream songs on your main system as well as Bluesound speakers throughout your home.
A free app with advanced control options
Operate your system via Wi-Fi® using the BluOS Controller app with your Apple® or Android® device, or your Windows® or Mac® computer. It gives you flexible control over your entire music system. Play the same song everywhere or stream different music to different zones at the same time. You can even use your Apple Watch to control your system.
A wealth of high-resolution streaming options
BluOS can send 24-bit high-res music to any room in your home, without any loss of sound quality. Stream music from your personal library or from internet streaming services. The selection of supported services — including TIDAL, Spotify®, and Rhapsody®, among others — is one of the most impressive we've seen.
- add-on module for select NAD components
- Wi-Fi dongle connects to USB port for wireless music playback
- includes support for Slacker Radio, HighResAudio, JUKE, Deezer, Murfie, Spotify, TIDAL, Napster, WiMP, and Rhapsody
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Bluetooth compatibility for wireless music listening from a smartphone, tablet, or computer
- aptX® encoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- compatible file types: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF
- supports high-resolution playback (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- Ethernet port
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DD-BluOS
What's in the box:
- DD BluOS module
- USB dongle
- 41" USB extension cable
- 2 Screws
- Mounting Instructions
NAD DD BluOS™ reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD DD BluOS™
Modular Design Construction: The advantages of a pure digital system are many, but one drawback is the constantly changing delivery formats for digital content. Each of these formats typically requires specialized hardware and software, often with licensed IP and content copy protection. For this reason, NAD places all digital interface circuitry on easily upgradeable modules. NAD calls this 'Modular Design Construction' or 'MDC'.
Compatibility: NAD's DD BluOS module allows you to easily integrate Hi-Res Audio, network streaming, Bluetooth audio, and the music control BluOS App into select NAD C series digital integrated amplifier and Masters series digital preamplifiers.
BluOS: Featuring BluOS, the music management software developed by
NAD's sister brand, Bluesound, the DD BluOS module is a
complete digital music solution. Thanks to the forward-looking innovation of Modular Design Construction (MDC), you can now add BluOS network and internet music streaming with advanced music management to your NAD C series digital integrated amp or Masters series digital preamplifier
Ethernet & WiFi Connectivity: The DD BluOS module provides both wired (Ethernet) and wireless (WiFi) connectivity to your home's network and internet. Both Ethernet and WiFi connectivity operate in asynchronous mode for lowest jitter performance and allow connection to music stored anywhere on the local network or streamed directly from the Internet using a popular music services.
- Computer Audio: Thanks to its network connection, the DD BluOS can access your digital music stored on your network connected Microsoft Windows (XP/2000/Vista/7/8) PC or Apple Macintosh OS X computer. You are able to select and playback the digital audio files that are on your PC or computer via the free downloadable app on your iOS or android device. The BluOS module supports MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, and AIFF music files with bit-rates of 16/24-bit and native sampling rates of 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192kHz.
- Online Music Services: With a network and internet
connection, the BluOS module lets you access select online music services.
- TuneIn: TuneIn is a free online music service that offers over 70,000 Internet radio stations; including music, sports, news, and entertainment. You can listen to local stations or discover new stations from around the world. You are able to search for music by genre (Adult Contemporary, Classical, Country, Reggae, etc.), location (continent and country), and language (English, French, Spanish, etc). You also get access to talk radio and podcasts. In addition, you can save your favorite Internet radio stations as "My Favorites".
- Rdio: Rdio is an online digital music with a catalog of 20 million songs and interruptions or advertisements. Rdio makes it easy to find what you're looking for, whether it's an artist, album, song, or a custom playlist. A $10.00 per-month Rdio subscription is required.
- Spotify Connect: Through Spotify Connect, you can enjoy over 20 million songs, easily streamed to the Bluesound HiFi music Players through your home network, either via WiFi or Ethernet; with simple control on any iOS or Android device. Requires Spotify app and a premium subscription; firmware and app version 1.10.0 or higher
Note: Included with the DD BluOS is a WiFi dongle that plugs into one of the modules USB (type-A) ports. A 41" USB extension cable is also included.
Smartphone Control App: In addition to a wired or wireless network, the BluOS module requires an Apple iOS or Android device running NAD's free BluOS app (from the Apple App or GooglePlay store) to control and manage your music. The free BluOS app allows you to browse music stored on your mobile device and music that's on your local network, as well as integrated music streaming services and internet radio. The BluOS app even provides artist/song/album information and Album Art.
Note: You can also download the free Bluesound Remote App onto your Windows (XP/2000/Vista/7/8) PC or Mac OSX computer.
USB (Type-A) Port: The DD BluOS module also lets you play music files from a USB thumbdrive or hard drive via its USB (type-A) port. This USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphone/tablets.
Note: There is also a mini-USB (type-B) port that is used for service purposes only (not for consumer use). Only authorized service personnel can access this USB port.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The NAD DD BluOS also offers built-in Bluetooth, so you can wireless streaming stored music and music apps on your Apple iOS, Android, or other Bluetooth-enabled device directly to the DD BluOS without a network connection.
Note: The included Bluetooth antenna must be screwed into the DD BluOS module.