About the NAD HP 70
A cure for the common crowd noise
The NAD HP 70 noise-canceling headphones play music wirelessly via Bluetooth.
A cure for the common crowd noise
Of all the great-sounding headphones at this year's CanJam NYC, the NAD HP 70s were some of the best-equipped for the busy showroom floor. The reason? Their practical — and effective — active noise cancellation helped hush the large crowd, so I could listen to tunes at a reasonable volume.
I liked what I heard in my brief audition. Very natural sound with healthy (but not overbearing) bass. They felt light and comfortable, too.
No wires, no compromise
These headphones play music wirelessly via Bluetooth. And like with most NAD gear, you're in good hands, sonically. Legendary speaker designer Paul Barton engineered and voiced these headphones — and he's very particular about sound quality.
Paul actually held up production to wait on the new state-of-the-art Bluetooth with aptX HD. This new chipset promises a reliable wireless connection that better preserves your music.
Designed for lifelike, detailed sound
When you listen to loudspeakers, the room plays a big part in how they sound. For instance, here at Crutchfield, if we audition the same pair of speakers in both our sprawling training room and our cozy home listening lab, the results are strikingly different.
These headphones don't have the lifeless sonic characteristics of an isolated chamber. Barton has fine-tuned the sound to emulate a pair of speakers in an acoustically ideal home setting — with just the right amount of reflection and absorption. His patented RoomFeel™ technology re-creates the energy and character you get from the real-world listening space.
Top-notch noise canceling — when you need it
There's a switch on the right earcup that lets you turn noise-canceling on when you're on a plane or train, or in a busy office. Two AAA batteries give you about 15 hours of wireless listening with noise cancellation. You can save some battery life by listening wirelessly without it.
But if your batteries go dead, you can still listen to music. Just connect the included headphone cable to your device and switch over to "passive" mode.
A convenient way to hear others
NAD's noise cancellation uses a dual-beam mic system to neutralize external sounds. But those same mics can help pick up external sounds, too. An on-ear button lets you temporarily turn off the noise-canceling technology so you can hear people talk without removing the headphones.
There are also on-ear controls for music, volume, and phone calls.
- over-ear headphones with closed back design to help block out noise
- 40mm drivers offer natural sound with punchy bass
- designed to emulate stereo loudspeakers placed in a room setting
- Bluetooth connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls
- aptX® HD decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- advanced Bluetooth chipset provides strong, reliable wireless connection
- final voicing and tuning by Paul Barton
- RoomFeel™ tuning helps recreate the sound of PSB speakers in a listening room
Active Noise Cancellation:
- noise-canceling circuitry minimizes external sounds
- dual beam-forming noise-canceling mics
- "listen through" feature lets you hear external sounds at the push of a button
- uses two AAA batteries (rechargeable AAA batteries included)
- 15 hours wireless use with noise cancellation
- "passive mode" requires no battery for wired listening without noise cancellation
General Info and Specs:
- earcup controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, and skip songs
- built-in microphone for receiving calls
- flexible spring-steel headband creates a firm, secure seal
- leatherette headband and ear pads provide soft cushioning
- detachable 59" miniplug cable for optional wired listening
- 1/4" adapter included
- airline adapter included
- USB charging cable can also be used for wired listening on a computer
- soft leatherette carrying case included
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohms (wired)
- weight: 11.3 ounces
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HP70
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless headphones (black)
- 48" Audio cable (right-angle 3.5mm plug)
- 48" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- 1/4"-to-3.5mm Adapter
- Airline adapter (single female 3.5mm jack -to- dual male 3.5mm plugs)
- Travel clip
- Zippered storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide (Red)
- Quick Start Guide (White)
- Limited Warranty
NAD HP 70 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD HP 70
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.762" x 4.017"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The NAD VISO HP70 high resolution wireless over-ear headphones are designed to make your music sound like an open air live performance. With Bluetooth and aptX HD, you can enjoy CD-quality audio without being tethered to your audio source. The HP70s come with a 4' flat, tangle-free audio cable, and a 4' Micro-USB audio/charging cable. A padded, zippered pouch is included for storage of the headphones and accessories.
Construction: The VISO HP70s not only sound great, but are stylish as well. The headphones are made of lightweight materials, such as smooth brushed metals, beautiful polished finishes, and lush leatherette fabrics. The ultra-soft ear cups pivot so they fit your head comfortably. The headphones feature 40mm drivers, especially developed for these headphones, to deliver clear, accurate highs and natural-sounding lows. The drivers are housed in an ABS + Polycarbonate enclosure.
Dual Microphones: The HP70 headphones have two microphones on the right ear cup for improved voice reception during phone calls. The dual beam-forming microphone configuration helps to enhance voice pickup while rejecting external sound so your conversations are clear, even in noisy environments.
Controls: The headphone has on board music playback and phone controls. The controls only work in Active and ANC modes. In Passive Mode, you will need to use the controls on the connected device. The following controls are located on the right ear cup:
- Mode Switch: The 3-position Mode Switch lets you choose from ANC (Active Noise Cancellation with Bluetooth and the internal headphone amplifier), Active (Bluetooth and the headphone amplifier, but without ANC), and Passive Modes (ANC, Bluetooth, and headphone amplifier are off; wired listening only).
- Volume: The volume control is a spring-loaded slider that lets you raise and lower the volume slowly and gradually. Pressing the volume control activates the Active Monitor feature which instantly reduces the audio track by 30dB. This allows you to hear your surroundings without having to remove the headphones.
- Music/Phone Control: The Music/Phone control is a 2-way spring loaded switch that controls your music playback. Sliding and releasing the button skips to the next track or the beginning of the current track (or to the previous track if the current track has just started), depending upon the direction you slide it. Sliding and holding the control will engage the fast forward or fast reverse. Pressing the control straight in pauses the music and resumes playback. If a phone call comes in while you're listening, you can answer the call (and pause the track) by pressing the control. Once the call is complete, pressing the button disconnects the call and resumes playback.
RoomFeel: NAD's audio engineers designed RoomFeel technology to translate the warm, open sound of a live performance into a private headphone experience. The entire soundstage is expanded, and your digital files are transformed in clean crisp audiophile-grade sound. RoomFeel is activated in Active and ANC Modes.
Bluetooth: The headphones have Bluetooth wireless technology with a range of approximately 33 feet (10 meters). They support Near Field Communication, which allows you to easily pair an NFC-compatible device by touching it to the bottom of the right ear cup. The headphones must be in Active Mode or ANC Mode to work wirelessly.
Active Noise Cancelling: The VISO HP70 headphones are equipped with Active Noise Cancelling to help you tune out external distractions so you only hear your music. ANC microphones on the top of each ear cup direct outside noise into the headphone amplifier, where a phase-reversed signal is added to cancel out the noise. Active Noise Cancelling can be turned off, and you can listen to your music wirelessly or in passive mode with the supplied cable.
Tangle-free Ribbon Cables: The HP70s come with two 48" flat ribbon cables that are designed to resist tangling. One is an audio cable for use in Passive Mode. It has a straight 3.5mm plug for connecting to the right ear cup, and a right-angled 3.5mm plug for connecting to your source device. With the included 1/4" adapter, you can listen to your home audio components, or use the airline adapter to enjoy the in-flight entertainment on most flights. Also included is a Micro USB cable that is used for charging the internal battery, and for plugging into your computer to listen to audio content.
Rechargeable Battery: The headphones are powered by a 3.7V 600mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 4 hours via USB power. A fully charged battery has approximately 15 hours of battery life in Active Mode with ANC.
- Frequency Response:
- Within ±1.5dB: 20Hz - 20kHz
- LF Cutoff -3dB: 15Hz - 20kHz
- LF Cutoff -10dB: 10Hz - 20kHz
- Power Handling: 30 mW
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
- ANC On: 0.5%
- ANC Off: 0.25%
- Earcup Dimensions: Width 2.762" , Height 4.017", Depth 2.013"
- Weight: 11.3 ounces