About the NAD Masters Series M33
A versatile and powerful streaming amplifier
A versatile and powerful streaming amplifier
The NAD Masters Series M33 has an incredible list of features that make it an ideal centerpiece for a two-channel audiophile sound system. It produces a stable 200 watts per channel into an 8-ohm load or 380 per channel into 4 ohms. That gives you lots of clean power to work with, as well as compatibility with a wide range of speakers. This amp offers plenty of analog and digital inputs for making wired connections, along with multiple wireless music streaming options. And it offers built-in room correction and optional voice control.
The very versatile NAD Masters Series M33 offers 200 watts of power per channel, plus multiple options for playing music via wired components and wireless streaming.
A wealth of streaming features
If you like the convenience of wireless streaming, this amp has you covered: Bluesound's proprietary BluOS operating system gives you easy app-based access to popular online streaming services like Spotify®, Qobuz, and more, as well as your personal library of downloaded music, including high-res audio files. You can also enjoy lag-free multi-room wireless music when you add on Bluesound speakers and components for other rooms. Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music.
Two-way Bluetooth means you can play the audio from apps on your mobile device through the M33, or send music from the amp to compatible wireless speakers or headphones.
For analog music fans, the M33 offers unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs. A built-in phono stage lets vinyl lovers connect a turntable with moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
And there are a plethora of handy digital connections on the rear panel, including:
- dual optical and dual coaxial inputs for connecting a CD player, Blu-ray player, or output from a compatible TV
- USB Type-A for connecting a thumb drive loaded with music
- AES/EBU XLR input
- HDMI ARC for enhancing dialogue, music, and sound effects from a compatible TV
- Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
The back panel features two sets of binding posts for connecting pairs of speakers. If you want extra bass, the M33 includes two mono RCA outputs for connecting powered subwoofers. There's also a headphone jack and analog preamp outputs.
Advanced room correction
The M33 includes Dirac Live — one of the industry's best room-correction platforms. This software-based system uses the included calibration microphone to take precise acoustic measurements of your room, and creates a customized correction curve that fine-tunes the output of your speakers and subwoofers. You get smooth, clear sound that's uniquely tailored to your space.
Innovative Class D amplifier technology
This amp pushes Class D amplification performance to new limits thanks to HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ technology. It helps the amp maintain even frequency response into lower impedance loads and minimizes the occurrence of digital clipping. This advanced design offers robust power output and accurate sound with minimal distortion, without the excess weight and cost associated with more traditional linear power supplies and Class AB output stages.
- 200 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.002% THD
- 380 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- frequency response: 20-60,000 Hz
- 32-bit/384kHz ES9028Pro SABRE DAC built in
- supports high-res MQA, FLAC, WAV, and AIFF files
- color touchscreen display
- supports voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices
- BluOS compatibility for further expansion with Bluesound wireless speakers
- built-in two-way Bluetooth® with aptX HD
- receiver mode for playing sources wirelessly
- headphone mode for listening on Bluetooth headphones
- connects to your home network via built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® or wired Ethernet for music streaming
- includes support for Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify®, TIDAL, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz and more (subscription required for some services)
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android™, Windows, and Mac OS X
- built-in Dirac Live room correction with included calibration microphone improves clarity and stereo imaging
- analog stereo RCA audio input
- phono stage input for turntables with moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- balanced stereo XLR input
- digital inputs (all 24-bit/192 kHz):
- 2 Toslink optical, 2 coaxial
- HDMI ARC input (2-channel PCM only; does not support Dolby Digital or DTS)
- USB (Type A) port for connecting a thumb drive or mass storage device
- AES/EBU XLR input
- stereo RCA preamp output for connecting a separate amplifier
- 2 mono RCA outputs for connecting powered subwoofers
- two sets of binding post speaker connectors
- mini Type-B USB port for service updates
- IR input and 12-volt trigger in/out
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 5-1/4"H x 17-5/8"D
- weight: 21.4 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # M33
What's in the box:
- Integrated streaming amplifier
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (HTRM 2)
- 4 "AA" batteries
- 2 WiFi/Bluetooth antennas
- Auto calibration microphone
- USB microphone adapter
- 4 Magnetic feet
- Cleaning cloth
- Quick Setup Guide
- Internet Update Guidlines
- Important Safety Instructions
- Dirac Live Quickstart Guide
- Warranty Card
NAD Masters Series M33 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the NAD Masters Series M33
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||200|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||380|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||120|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||2|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Preamp Outputs||Stereo RCA, Sub|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 3-prong|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Hybrid Digital Purifi Eigentakt Amplifier Technology: The Master Series M33 uses Eigentakt amplifier technology, manufactured by NAD in license from Purifi. This new technology adds another level of precision by taking into account previously unknown effects of the output filter in the feedback loop and further refinement of the self-oscillating Class D technology as used by previous NAD Hybrid Digital designs. The result is a performance level that approaches the theoretical limit in measured performance, be it at whispering levels or at full power.
- Low-Impedance: In common with the previous generations of NAD Hybrid Digital technology, but unlike most class D amplifier designs, the M33 is impervious to the loudspeaker load it is presented with, maintaining the same wide and even bandwidth response regardless of the speaker's impedance and at the same time providing high current capability. The continuous 200W into 8 ohms or 380W into 4 ohms on tap for both channels driven at the same time and 700W dynamic power into 8 ohms is testament to this.
- Stable Design: Inherent to the Eigentakt technology is its very analog-like behaviour in the unlikely event the amplifier is driven into clipping. Whereas many class D designs can become unstable, Eigentakt behaves in a way similar to the benign way of clipping with instant recovery of well executed traditional class A/B amplifiers.
Amplifier Modes: The NAD Master Series M33 offers 3 amplifiers modes - Stereo Mode, A/B Stereo Mode, and Bridge Mode. Make sure to review the manual for proper wiring and hookup for each amplifier mode.
- Stereo Mode: Stereo Mode allows you to connect a single pair of 8 ohm to 4 ohm loudspeakers. The integrated amp delivers 200 watts per 8 ohm speaker or 380 watts per 4 ohm speaker.
- A/B Stereo Mode: A/B Stereo Mode allows you connect two pair of 8 ohm loudspeakers. In A/B Stereo mode, the integrated amp will see a 4 ohm load when both pair of loudspeakers are playing at the same time and output approximately 190 watts to each speaker. Each speaker will playback the same input source at the same volume level (not multi-source or multi-zone compatible).
- Bridge Mode: Bridge mode allows the integrated amp to power a single 8 ohm loudspeaker. The amplifier will see a 4 ohm load when bridging a 8 ohm loudspeaker. The M33's output power will increase when set to Bridge Mode and produce approximately 640 watts per one channel. This mode allows the M33 to be used as part of a high power stereo or home theater system with additional amplifiers (sold separately) powering the other channels.
- In A/B Stereo and Bridge Modes, the amplifier sections will react as though the speaker impedance has been halved. Low impedance speakers (under 8 ohms) are not recommended when using Bridge or A/B Stereo Modes as this may cause the amplifier's thermal cut-out to operate if played at high levels.
- During Bridge Mode, make sure to set the unit's Bridge Mode switch to the "On" position. Then, connect the speaker to the rear-panel terminals of the M33 marked "Speaker Right+" and "Speaker Left+" ensuring that "Speaker Right+" is connected to the "Negative (-)" terminal of your speaker and "Speaker Left+ is connected to the speaker's "Positive (+)" terminal. Connect your playback source to the Left stereo RCA input sockets of the M33 only. Do not connect anything to the Right stereo RCA input socket when Bridge Mode is selected.
32-Bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC: The NAD Master Series M33 is equipped with a 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC, one of the best performing DACs on the market today with its excellent dynamic range and incredibly low jitter spec. It offers support of high resolutions music files - including MQA, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, and WMA-L.
Dirac Live Room Correction: Dirac Live is a patented room correction technology that not only corrects the frequency response, but also the impulse response of a room's loudspeakers. Dirac Live provides true impulse response correction over a large listening area, improving the depth, positioning and distinction of individual voices and instruments. Using multiple measurement and mixed phase correction, Dirac Live helps create a natural, realistic and transparent sound with tighter bass and reduced room modes, in a way previously not possible.
- How It Works: Whether you use the mobile app (for Apple iOS 10.2+ and Android OS 5.0+) or the desktop software (for Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OSX 10.7+), Dirac Live offers a clear improvement of your audio system by analyzing your speakers and room acoustics with the help of the included measurement microphone that plugs into the NAD amplifier, your computer, or mobile device. Dirac Live then uses this data to build an acoustic model of the listening environment and detects the deficiencies. After careful analysis, Dirac Live corrects for both the timing and amplitude aspects of the colorations in sound to deliver a uniquely pristine listening experience.
- What It Does: Dirac Live provides Mixed-Phase Room Correction technology with Impulse Response Correction, improved staging (localization of sound events), better clarity and intelligibility in music and vocals, a deeper and tighter bass free of resonances throughout the entire listening area, and the ability to upload and choose the custom NAD target response
- The NAD M33 comes with the free Dirac Live LE (Lite) version with the ability to calculate corrections in frequencies between 20Hz and 500Hz. You can upgrade to the Dirac Live Full version for $99 and gain the ability to calculate corrections of the full frequency range between 20Hz and 20,000Hz.
- For both Dirac Live versions, the NAD amplifier and your computer or mobile device will need to be connected to the same network with an internet connection. You'll also need to create a Dirac Live account.
Balanced & Unbalanced Analog Inputs: The NAD Master Series M33 can accept both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) analog inputs. It features one set of stereo XLR inputs and two sets of stereo RCA inputs (including a Phono input). Balanced XLR connectivity is the same efficient audio interface used by studios to provide the highest level of signal integrity with the lowest noise floor. The Balanced XLR inputs allow long cable runs without noise pickup or signal loss; all you get is awesome sound without the possibility of noise pickup or interference.
Selectable MM or MC Phono Stage: The NAD M33 has a high-quality selectable MM or MC phono stage. Accurate RIAA equalization, a clever phase cancelling infrasonic filter, and a huge overload margin combine to bring out the best in your LPs.
HDMI ARC: The Master Series M33 features a HDMI ARC jack for connection to your television, allowing you to listen to all of your TV's 2ch PCM sources through the NAD BluOS Streaming Amplifier. The HDMI ARC jack only supports 2ch PCM audio (not compatible with Dolby Digital or DTS); make sure your TV is set to output 2ch PCM.
Note: The HDMI ARC jack only supports audio transmission; video is not supported.
Optical/Coaxial/AES Digital Inputs: The NAD M33 is outfitted with two optical (toslink) digital inputs, two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs, and one AES/EBU (XLR) digital input. These digital inputs will support 2ch PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
Bluetooth aptX HD: The NAD M33 features two-way wireless Bluetooth capability that is powered by aptX HD for the highest possible sound quality available. aptX HD supports 48kHz/24-bit LPCM audio over a Bluetooth wireless connection for a "better-than-CD" listening experience. The M33 can act as a Bluetooth Receiver or Bluetooth Transmitter (but not both at the same time). The Bluetooth Receiver and Transmitter modes are only accessible via the BlueOS App. You can pair multiple devices with the BluOS Streaming DAC, but only one device can be connected and used at a time (the BluOS Controller app must be used for pairing). The NAD M33 has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 33'.
- Receiver Mode: In Receiver mode, you can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphones, tablets and laptops to the NAD M33. You can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) from the touchscreen, but your Bluetooth source device will have to be used for more advanced music navigation. The M33 does not display song/artist/album information. However, you can view song/artist information and album art from the BluOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
- Transmitter (Headphone) Mode: In Transmitter mode, you can wirelessly stream analog & digital inputs of the M33 and BluOS network content to a set of Bluetooth enabled headphones (only one set of headphones can be connected at a time). Because the NAD M33 does not support Receiver & Transmitter mode simultaneously, you cannot listen to a Bluetooth audio streaming source on a set of Bluetooth headphones through the M33. There is no audio output from the M33's preamp or headphone outputs when the unit is wirelessly streaming to a set of Bluetooth headphones.
Note: Make sure the included Bluetooth antennas are installed on the rear-panel of the unit for wireless Bluetooth connectivity.
USB-A Port: The NAD M33 features a rear-panel USB (type-A) port to directly connect your USB mass storage class (MSC) device; such as a thumbdrive or external hard-drive. The unit's USB port supports music playback from these compatible USB devices formatted in FAT 32. Not only can USB audio be played back on the NAD amplifier, but can also be wirelessly distributed to the rest of your BluOS components throughout your home for multiroom playback. The USB port is not compatible with the direct connection of Apple iOS and Android devices, computer and laptops, or USB-hubs and card-readers.
Binding Post Speaker Terminals: The Master Series M33 integrated amplifier features two sets of high-quality, gold-plated, color-coded binding posts for speaker connection. These heavy-duty binding posts will accept bare wire (16-10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only). The gold-plated terminals provide optimum sound transmission and excellent resistance to corrosion. You can connect a single pair of 8 ohm to 4 ohm loudspeakers, connect two pair of 8 ohm loudspeakers, or connect a single 8 ohm loudspeaker in Bridged mode.
Stereo RCA Pre-Outs: The stereo RCA pre-outs lets you use the M33 as a high-performance pre-amplifier with a more powerful external amplifier (sold separately).
Dual Sub Outputs: The NAD M33 is equipped with two discrete mono-RCA sub outputs to connect up to two powered subwoofers. The subwoofer outputs have a built-in low pass crossover that can be adjusted in the BluOS app from 40-200Hz (80Hz default).
Discrete Headphone Amplifier: Headphone enthusiasts, will delight at the sound of the NAD M33's discrete headphone amplifier, which is able to drive even planar and high impedance studio headphones. With high voltage and low output impedance, headphones will sound their best.
Built-In BluOS with Wired or Wireless Connectivity: The NAD Master Series M33 with built-in BluOS can be connected to your home network and Internet provider via a hardwired Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 jack connector or wireless 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n connection. The 5GHz WiFi band offers a more faster and reliable connection with less interruptions and dropouts. Either network/internet connection allows you to stream music libraries from your Windows or Mac computer and NAS drive (such as the Bluesound Vault 2i, sold separately); as well as stream select online music services and internet radio, plus support for AirPlay 2.
- Wired Ethernet Setup: A wired connection to the network is simple and requires no setup. If you wish to use the wired connection, simply connect the Pulse Flex 2i directly to your router or home network using an Ethernet cable (sold separately).
- Wireless WiFi Setup: A wireless connection allows you to place your BluOS Player virtually anywhere inside your home, but does require setup through the BluOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device. If you are on a Windows PC (7/8/10) or Apple Mac, you'll use Bluesound's web browser based application. You'll be walked you through the set-up process step-by-step.
Note: Make sure the included WiFi antennas are installed on the rear-panel of the unit if you will be using a wireless WiFi network connection.
Wireless High-Resolution Multiroom Audio: The NAD M33 can be made part of the BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio eco-system - consisting of powered speakers, soundbar speakers, amplifiers, players, and hard-drives. The BluOS wireless high-resolution multiroom audio ecosystem uses your home's wireless WiFi network to connect multiple Bluesound products and play your music in perfect sync, or different music simultaneously, anywhere in your home. BluOS can wirelessly transmit lossless music up to 24-bit/192kHz at ultra-fast speeds with no lag and zero loss in sound quality.
- Compatible Multiroom Audio Sources: The following audio sources can be used for multiroom audio playback - internet radio (including TuneIn & iHeart Radio); online music services (including Tidal, Spotify, Amazon, Deezer, Slacker, and Napster); Bluetooth & USB audio, music libraries (from computers and NAS drives); as well as hardwired analog & digital audio inputs (excluding HDMI).
- Number of BluOS Zones: Up to 16 Bluesound devices can be connected in a strictly wireless environment. Demonstrated practice has shown that you can create up to 8 groups of 8 Bluesound devices or 4 groups of 16 Bluesound devices. If you want to connect more than 16 Bluesound devices, you will need to connect the Bluesound devices to your network using a wired connection. BluOS can then control up to 64 devices in a strictly wired environment.
BluOS Controller App: The free BluOS Controller app (for Apple iOS 9.3-up, Android OS 4.1-up, Windows XP-up, and Mac OS X 10.7-up) turns your mobile device or computer into a full-featured wireless remote control for the BluOS wireless multiroom audio system. The BluOS Controller app on your compatible device uses your home's WiFi network to connect with Bluesound devices, so you can play all the music you love anywhere in your home for a wireless multiroom music experience. Get on-demand access to your music libraries on your home network, stream live Internet radio from almost any place in the world, or listen to one of the many music services available on Bluesound, all from the palm of your hand with the easy-to-use BluOS Controller app.
- Multiroom Audio: Play a different song at the same time in different rooms, or group all your BluOS enabled devices together and listen to your favorite music in perfect sync throughout your home.
- Now Playing Screen: Control your music and adjust the volume in any room, get rich album artwork and detailed artist info, right from the Now Playing screen. Even check what quality you are streaming at to ensure the best possible listening experience.
- Individual Songs & Playlists: Tap a song and have it play instantly, or create and edit playlists on the fly by simply adding songs or entire albums to the play queue. Playlists can then be saved inside the app and listened to at any time.
Note: A wireless network connection will always be required for the BluOS Controller App.
High Resolution Audio: High-resolution audio tracks are either 24-bit/96kHz or 24-bit/192kHz, and contain up to 6.5x more data than standard CDs, letting you hear all the detail of your favorite music in superior quality. Thanks to built-in BluOS, the M33 offers full support for hi-res audio, so you can stream WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, WMA-Lossless, MQA music files over your home's WiFi network or directly from a connected USB mass storage class device. The Bluesound system also supports compressed music files such as MP3, AAC, WMA and OGG. BluOS has been designed to work with today's larger music collections, and has indexed libraries up to 200,000 songs in demonstrated practice (this will depend on the music's metadata & artwork). Bluesound also offers gapless playback by default for all supported file music types.
|Compression||File Type||Sampling Frequency||Bit Rate or Bit Depth|
|Lossless||WMA-Lossless||up to 96 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|FLAC||192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
|Uncompressed||AIFF||up 192 kHz||up to 24-bit|
MQA (Master Quality Authenticated): Bluesound is the first wireless multiroom audio system to support MQA (Master Quality Authenticated). MQA is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that captures and delivers master quality audio in a file that's small enough to stream or download. Bluesound worked closely with MQA to implement technology inside each Bluesound component to ensure the listener will hear MQA encoded music and streams exactly like the source and the way the artist intended you to hear it when it was approved in the studio.
Online Music Services: Many popular music streaming services and internet radio apps are built right into BluOS, giving you an all-access pass to millions of songs and the freedom to listen to everything you want to hear. Using the BluOS Controller app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you can instantly discover and enjoy millions of songs from your existing music services, tune in to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts from around the world, or access and listen to the music collections stored on your smartphone, tablet or laptop on any and Bluesound in your home. Subscription and purchase fees will apply to online music services.
- Amazon Music: Listen to millions of songs, thousands of playlists, and ad-free personalized stations with Amazon Prime & Unlimited Music. With the addition of Amazon Music HD, you will now be able to play Ultra HD music (24-bit/48kHz to 192kHz) on supported Bluesound devices from the BluOs App when choosing Amazon Music. An Amazon Music (Prime, Unlimited, or HD) subscription will be required
- Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to a free or paid Spotify subscription and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android smartphone, you can stream Spotify to the Bluesound system using Spotify Connect. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
- TIDAL Connect: The integration of Tidal Connect will enable Tidal users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Bluesound device from within the Tidal app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). TIDAL is a global streaming service that offers over 30 million songs in high-fidelity CD sound quality. TIDAL has two pricing tiers; either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels allow you to access TIDAL's entire music library. The $19.99 tier has the added benefit of high-fidelity sound at CD-level quality.
- Qobuz: Qobuz offers the biggest catalog of Hi-Fi and Hi-Res albums in the world, both for new releases and specialized genres. For hundreds of thousands of albums, Qobuz includes all the information you need to recreate the appeal of a real CD - the names of musicians, producers, lyrics (everything you need to know to appreciate your favorite albums). Qobuz offers MP3, CD, and Hi-Res quality subscriptions.
- SiriusXM: SiriusXM Internet Radio is accessible through the BluOS app and lets you listen to over 120 channels of commercial-free music, talk radio, news, sports, entertainment, and more. Subscription fees will apply.
- TuneIn: The Bluesound system includes access to more than 70,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the TuneIn internet radio service. Just select the TuneIn logo from the main Music menu and browse among the 70,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to your mood.
- iHeart Radio: iHeart Radio is a free, all-in-one digital radio and music streaming service that lets you listen to thousands of live stations from across the country and allows you to create personalized custom stations featuring songs from the artist you select and similar music.
- Napster: Napster is a streaming music subscription service (starting a $10 per month) that allows you to play the full-length songs you choose on demand from a collection of over 10 million songs, without ads and without having to purchase or download the music.
- Slacker: Get the sound quality that you deserve with the new Slacker music library available in high-quality AAC audio on Bluesound. Listen to music streams at a bitrate of 320kbps and enjoy all your favorite Slacker stations in pristine MP3-quality.
- Deezer: Deezer lets you explore over 53 million tracks (and counting), and discover artists and tracks you'll love with personalized recommendations from the Deezer Editors. Bluesound even supports Deezer HiFi for lossless quality ($19.99 per month).
- Other Services: Other online music services include HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, KKBox, SoundMachine, and more.
Note: Availability of online music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the NAD amplifier and other compatible BluOS and AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). In addition, you can watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the NAD amplifier. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the NAD amplifier. With AirPlay 2, also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (not front-panel display).
Note: If you have older Bluesound or BluOS product, you can still group Gen 2i Bluesound and newer products with older Bluesound products in the BluOS App to add AirPlay 2 compatibility to your entire BluOS system.
Computer Audio: The BluOS wireless audio system lets you easily connect and share your music collection from a computer or network-attached storage drive and access up to 200,000 tracks for wireless streaming. The BluOS wireless music system will pull music from an existing digital music library across the network on your Windows PC, Mac computer, or NAS drive using Windows or SMB File Sharing (SAMBA) and the BluOS Controller app for Windows (XP-up) & Mac (OS X 10.7-up). However, File Sharing is not enabled by default on Windows or Mac. You will have to manually alter these settings in your computer's menu system.
Roon Ready: Roon Ready network devices (such as Bluesound and NAD) have Roon's streaming technology built-in, and are certified by Roon Labs to provide the highest level of quality and performance in network streaming. Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD, and MQA) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the Bluesound product or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the Bluesound product. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
MDC (Modular Design Construction): Only NAD offers Modular Design Construction (MDC), the company's proven method for preventing premature obsolescence. MDC ends the frustration of having to replace your entire AV surround sound receiver just to keep pace with the ever-changing world of AV electronics. NAD's most important recent innovation, MDC battles technology obsolescence by allowing you to upgrade the M33 with new connectivity and features as new technology becomes available. MDC places all the input circuitry on easily removable plug-in cards; your investment is protected because a single card, rather than the entire receiver, can be replaced when a new format is introduced.
Note: The NAD Master Series M33 is equipped with two empty MDC slots for future upgrade.
Front-Panel Touchscreen with Volume Knob: The NAD M33 features a single control knob for volume and color TFT touchscreen display on its front-panel. The M33's sleek front-panel touchscreen display makes setup and control easier than ever. The front-panel display even support album art from BluOS music apps.
Programmable & Learning IR Remote: In addition to controlling the M33 integrated amplifier, the included IR remote control is pre-coded with controls for other NAD components. It will also learn commands from other remotes, controlling up to eight components. The remote's buttons are backlit, but an ambient light sensor keeps the light from engaging when you don't need it. The light sensor and lighting duration are both adjustable. Up to 64 macro commands can be programmed using the function keys. A mini USB Type B port on the remote (cable not included) allows you to upload and download the remote configuration through a Windows PC using NAD's Proprietary programming software (available on NAD's website).
Alexa & Google Assistant Voice Control: The M33's BluOS functionality will support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice control through an over-the-network firmware update (now available). Using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), you can use your voice to access your music libraries on your local network, select presets from online music services, control music playback functions such as Play/Pause/Skip, adjust volume levels, play music in different rooms, and even group rooms together. Each Alexa voice command will need to start with the phrase "Alexa or Google, ask Blue Voice to" or "Alexa or Google, tell Blue Voice to". Alexa and Google Skills for BluOS will need to be setup through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 4.4+) or the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+ ).
- The NAD amplifier does not feature a built-in microphone and requires a separate Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories tab) for voice control.
- Click here for more information regarding Alexa setup and voice commands. Click here for more information regarding Google Assistant setup and voice commands.
Custom Remote Integration: The NAD M33 is outfitted with a variety of custom remote integration inputs & outputs that allow you to automatically switch amplifiers on and off, as well as connection to more advanced automated control systems. The M33 is certified partners with the following control integrators - Control 4, Crestron, URC, RTI, Lutron, PUSH, iPort, ELAN, and others.
- IR Input: There is an IR input (3.5mm), used to control the NAD Master Series M33 using an optional infrared repeater or the IR output of another component.
- +12V Trigger In/Out: The +12V trigger output (3.5mm) lets you turn on/off other components along with the M33, while the +12V trigger input (3.5mm) lets you turn on/off the M33 from another component device.
- RS-232 Port: The rear-panel RS-232 port allows connection to a compatible PC or external whole-house control system from companies.
- Ethernet Port: The M33 is outfitted with a Ethernet Jack (RJ-45) to connect to your home network for IP control. With your PC and the M33 on the same network, it allows remote control of the NAD integrated amp via compatible external controllers.
Auto On/Off Modes: The Auto Sense feature enables the M33 to wake up from standby mode when triggered by an active Network, Optical, Coaxial, or HDMI ARC source input. Auto Standby must be set to "On" for the Auto Sense feature to work.The NAD M33 can also be setup to automatically go into standby mode if there is no audio signal or user interface interaction within 30 minutes. Its Sleep Timer will switch the M33 to Standby mode automatically after a preset number of minutes (15 to 90 minutes in 15 minute increments).
Protection Circuits: The M33 integrated amp utilizes a combination of fuse and electronic nonintrusive protection. Each channel is fully protected against excess temperature, DC fault, and, loudspeaker short-circuit.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The NAD Master Series M33 comes with a 68" detachable IEC 3-prong AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet, surge protector, or line conditioner.
Firmware & Software Upgrades: Future firmware & software updates can be done over a wired or wireless network connection connection. Some firmware & software updates may require that they be downloaded from the NAD website onto a USB thumbdrive and then inserted into the NAD amplifier's reaer-panel USB port for upload.
The NAD Masters Series M33 replaces these items
- 180 watts x 2
- DirectDigital™ amplifier design for greater efficiency and reduced distortion
- 6 digital audio inputs and 3 analog audio inputs, including a phono input
10 questions already asked