About the Bowers & Wilkins 606
Bowers & Wilkins 606 speakers are a versatile option for music and movie lovers. You can set up a traditional stereo pair to get dynamic, accurate sound for music listening, or use them as a front pair or as surrounds in a fantastic voice-matched home theater setup. Add a pair of Bowers & Wilkins STAV speaker stands to make them sound even better.
The 1-inch Decoupled Double Dome tweeter in Bowers & Wilkins 606 speakers delivers clear, distortion-free highs.
A closer look at Bowers & Wilkins' driver technology will give you some idea of why this speaker sounds so good.
The 1" Decoupled Double Dome tweeter features a thin, light aluminum dome, surrounded by a second, thicker ring that reduces distortion. The assembly is decoupled from the mount to isolate it from cabinet vibrations that can color sound.
The 6-1/2" Continuum™ cone bass/midrange driver borrows technology from the company's high-end 800 Series. The cone's composite construction delivers precise vocals and instruments and smooths transitions.
Flowport™ for better bass
This relatively compact speaker pair offers surprisingly deep bass, thanks to Flowport technology. Its bass reflex enclosure features a rear-firing, dimpled and flared port that provides natural bass response without the turbulent "chuffing" that standard ports can create. Each speaker includes a two-piece foam plug that can be inserted if you want to adjust bass response to your liking.
Build a complete Bowers & Wilkins system
606 speakers are voice-matched to others in the 600 Series, so you can build a seamless surround sound system.
A rich history of audio excellence
Founded in England in the 1960s, Bowers & Wilkins is known worldwide for their innovative hi-fi speaker designs and their premium headphones. Crutchfield is proud to offer a diverse selection of products from this legendary audio brand.
- 2-way design
- 1" Decoupled Double Dome aluminum tweeter
- 6-1/2" Continuum™ cone bass/midrange driver
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear-firing Flowport™
- frequency response: 52-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 30-120 watts
- dual binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- includes a 2-piece foam port plug for adjusting the speaker's low-frequency performance
- acoustically transparent, removable magnetic grilles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 7-1/2"W x 13-5/8"H x 12-13/16"D (with plinth and spikes)
- weight: 15.2 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FP40754
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Two-piece foam port plugs
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 4 Jumper-straps (pre-installed)
- Bowers & Wilkins brochure
- Warranty Information
Bowers & Wilkins 606 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Bowers & Wilkins 606
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Frequency Response||52-28k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||24-26|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Decoupled Double Dome Aluminum Tweeter: The Bowers & Wilkins 606 bookshelf loudspeaker adopts a refined and upgraded version of the proven Decoupled Double Dome Aluminum tweeter (1"), offering 38kHz breakup performance. The Decoupled Double Dome tweeter uses a thin and light aluminum dome, surrounded by a thicker ring, to prevent audible distortion. Decoupling also helps prevent cabinet vibrations reaching the tweeter. Synthetic gel cushions the decoupled tweeter, with the assembly isolated from the mounting hardware. The result is a more natural, spacious, and pure sound.
6.5" Continuum Cone Midbass/Midrange Driver: The 606 bookshelf loudspeaker features a single 6.5" Continuum cone midbass/midrange driver, borrowed from B&W's 800 Series Diamond. Thanks to its composite construction, the Continuum cone provides a smooth and accurate sound by avoiding the abrupt transitions in behavior that can impair the performance of a conventional drive unit and cause distortion. As a result, voice and instruments are delivered with purity and precision.
Flowport Technology: The B&W 606 bookshelf speaker utilizes Flowport Technology to create smooth, deep, and efficient bass response. Its bass reflex enclosure features a rear-firing, dimpled flared port that provides natural bass response without turbulent noise or distortion. If you want to reduce the volume of bass without moving the speaker further from the wall, fit the included foam plug into the rear-firing port for lesser bass response.
Note: You can adjust the bookshelf speaker's low-frequency performance using the supplied foam plug. The foam plug is two-pieces, allowing for a degree of fine-tuning using either the outer, larger-diameter piece in isolation or the two parts together. Using solely the outer, larger-diameter foam piece will deliver less bass attenuation than the complete foam plug assembly.
Acoustically Transparent Magnetic Grille: The Bowers & Wilkins 606 bookshelf loudspeaker comes with an acoustically transparent magnetic grille that's easy to install, looks great, and doesn't get in the way of the sound.
Dual Binding Post Terminals: The bookshelf speaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumper straps. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, or banana plugs (single only). There are plastic inserts that will need to be removed from the binding post terminals in order to use banana plugs. Using the dual binding posts terminals, you can choose to bi-amp or bi-wire the speaker (when facing the back of the cabinet - the left set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the right set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier.
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: Make sure the jumper straps between the dual binding post terminals are removed when making a bi-amp or bi-wire type of connection.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Bowers & Wilkins 606 bookshelf loudspeakers can be placed on a set of speaker stands (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), a table-top, shelf, or other piece of AV furniture. The included self-adhesive rubber feet prevent unwanted vibration and protect your furniture from scratches (the feet add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker). The B&W 606 bookshelf speaker should be positioned as close to ear level of the main seated listening position as possible. Moving the speaker further from the walls will generally reduce the volume of bass. Space behind the speakers will also help to create an aural impression of depth. Conversely, moving the speakers closer to the walls will increase the volume of bass.
- Stereo Setup: The bookshelf speakers should be positioned between 4.9375' and 9.875' apart at two corners of an equilateral triangle completed by the listening area at the third corner. The speakers should be approximately 1.625' away from the back wall, and at least 1.625' away from any side walls.
- Home Theater: If the bookshelf speakers are to be used for the front channels in a home theater system, position the speakers within approximately 1.625' of the sides of the TV screen to keep the sound image in scale with the visual image. The speakers should ideally be at least 1.625' away from any side walls.
Note: The B&W speaker does not come with a mounting bracket, threaded insert, or keyhole slot to wall-mount the speaker. However, you can use as side-clamp mounting bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to wall-mount the speaker.
Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series: The Bowers & Wilkins 600 Series consists of a floorstanding loudspeaker (603), two bookshelf loudspeakers (606 / 607), a center-channel speaker (HTM6), and three powered subwoofers (ASW608 / ASW610 / ASW610XP). The 600 Series delivers Bowers & Wilkins' storied sound in simple 2ch stereo applications or more complex home theater setups.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked